No announcement yet.

Go Davidson!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I don't see how Roy needs any revenge. If anything, KU would be trying to get revenge for Aw Shucks leaving to go "back home" to Carolina after all that BS he said the first time he almost left.

The Jayhawks need to get past Davidson first, though. That's a very good team with an absolute stud in Curry and a great coach. About everyone in America will be pulling for the Davidson vs. Goliath upset.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

I give Davidson a 5% chance at beating KU. The only way I see them keeping it close and possibly winning is if they're absolutely on fire (65% FG) and KU can't make anything. I also have a feeling KU will keep Curry under 20 points. The 3 teams Davidson has beaten so far haven't had anyone that can defend Curry, KU has 4 guys that can. - I hope KU wins, I want to see a KU/UNC Final Four game.
      "You can observe a lot just by watching."
      -- Yogi Berra

Comment

When I looked Davidson up because I didn't know where it is located, it said the University has about 1,700 students, so this really is a David vs. Goliath situation. They are the 'George Mason' for this year, but they won't keep up with KU the whole game. Even if KU isn't hitting outside shots, which they have been known to do, they can still pound the ball inside all day long with Kaun, Arthur, and Jackson. And many teams don't have an answer for Rush.

And KU has 3 guards that pretty well match Curry.

Comment

I would really like to see the press conference after a KU loss to Davidson. Imagine...the tears streaming down Roy's face while he's saying "I just feel really bad for the kids." That's normally when I have to get to the bathroom to throw up.

Comment

Originally posted by NYshocker
            I would really like to see the press conference after a KU loss to Davidson. Imagine...the tears streaming down Roy's face while he's saying "I just feel really bad for the kids." That's normally when I have to get to the bathroom to throw up.
            Roy?
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Davidson had beaten 3 conference champs in a row.

Gonzaga (champion of a 3 bid league)
              Georgetown (champion of big east)
              Wisconsin (champion and tourney champion of big 10)

So don't dismiss them just yet. Davidson is more than just Curry. Granted they wouldn't be were they are without him.

Comment

I'm not dismissing them. But none of those 3 teams compare to KU
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Davidson may hit the end of their glory road today, but I hope not. They are a guard rich team. However, looking at the teams they have beaten, they are obviously a solid team overall. Where they could falter today is the inside game. Recently, George Mason made it to the Final 4 and it is awesome to see a Program like Davidson demand the attention of the media by being a giant killer.

Even if they can't pull this off, I hope they turn KU every which way but loose and put up a ferocious fight. KU goes 8-9 deep without skipping a beat. Davidson may not be the team from N. Carolina that sends KU home. This could even be the year that KU wins it all because this seems to be their very best team in a long time. I also picked NC to beat KU in my bracket. At least North Carolina had the guts to play Davidson from their fine State this year and does not feel compelled to run and hide from such inter-State games like some Programs we know. Thus, I can't help myself identifying with and pulling for an upset today. GO WILDCATS!!!!!!!
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
                    Davidson may hit the end of their glory road today, but I hope not. They are a guard rich team. However, looking at the teams they have beaten, they are obviously a solid team overall. Where they could falter today is the inside game. Recently, George Mason made it to the Final 4 and it is awesome to see a Program like Davidson demand the attention of the media by being a giant killer. . . .
                    On the other hand, most people would think that Georgetown has a great inside game and Davidson didn't seem to have any trouble with it, and they hung right with North Carolina in their regular season game, so I'm not sure they are that overmatched inside.
                    The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Not to mention the fact that Wisconsin roughed K-State up inside and their guards totally dominated K-State's guards. Davidson seemed to not have these problems. However, I still think if they struggle matching up to KU today, it will be the inside game and lacking the overall depth of KU. On any given day though--------!!!!!!! Go Wildcats!!!!!!! Maybe the Shocks should quickly try and line up a future matchup with Davidson? In 2 Seasons, we will be ready----maybe sooner?

One last thought. I had to wonder early on if Georgetown would cause match-up problems and become KU's demise. We will never know because ot the darling of the Dance thus-far----Davidson!!!
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Go Davidson beat Goliathson! 8) 8) 8)
                        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Oops - you're right ShockBand. Meant to say NC - my bad.

Comment

Not exactly a bunch of barn-burners in this weekend's Sweet 16 and Elite 8 play.

Maybe that will change with KU - Davidson.

Comment

Check out their roster:
                              ESPN presents the full 2023-24 conferences Men's College Basketball season team lineup. Includes rosters, schedules, stats and ticket information for all NCAA teams.

France
                              Turkey
                              Nigeria
                              England

What is "PQ"?

Comment

Is anyone having some Sean Ogirri flashbacks with watching Curry? Not that Sean was that good driving to the hole, but that release and that confidence...

Comment

Working...
                                X