National Statistical 18 - 263 National Statistical 84 - 47
    Warren Nolan NPI 20 - 228 Warren Nolan NPI 10 - 30
    KPI Sports - - - KPI Sports - - -
    ESPN BPI - - - ESPN BPI - - -
    Massey Ratings 8 - 147 Massey Ratings 6 - 50
    Sagarin Ratings 6 - 310 Sagarin Ratings 7 - 187
    Team Rankings 9 - 180 Team Rankings 7 - 112
    Donchess Ratings 10 - 269 Donchess Ratings 5 - 117
    "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

This is not good. Even if we only lose two games the rest of the season we're looking at an RPI in the mid 30's.

Comment

With as bad as the MVC is doing the margin of error (with the lost opportunities in Bahamas) for WSU is going to be very small. WSU needs to win their remaining no-conference and hope the MVC as a whole have a couple good weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
          http://www.rpiforecast.com/teams/Wichita%20St..html

This is not good. Even if we only lose two games the rest of the season we're looking at an RPI in the mid 30's.
          Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
          With as bad as the MVC is doing the margin of error (with the lost opportunities in Bahamas) for WSU is going to be very small. WSU needs to win their remaining no-conference and hope the MVC as a whole have a couple good weeks.
          Noticed that rpiforcast has both OU and Okie St projected with 8-10 conference records, overall OU 16-14, OSU 17-13. These may have just become must wins or win in the Lou.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
            Noticed that rpiforcast has both OU and Okie St projected with 8-10 conference records, overall OU 16-14, OSU 17-13. These may have just become must wins or win in the Lou.
            I'm bullish on their projections for Oklahoma State. I believe they could have a shot to finish towards the top of the Big 12. OU on the other hand, I have a hard time seeing them finishing better than 8-10 in conference.

Our biggest problem is that Long Beach, Colorado State, St. Louis and South Dakota State have been flops this year. Couple that in with cupcakes like UMES and South Carolina State and the non-conference doesn't shape up too well.

Comment

Between the MVC not faring well and the OOC schedule not being nearly as strong as it appeared before the season started, this team is going to need to win St Louis or its going to sweat on selection Sunday. Even with only 2 more losses. And this year it really will be 'who have they played'. Long Beach was expected to be much better. They have lost their expected games....and then all the rest too. SoDak St is traditionally decent, and they just got their first D1 win over the weekend. Missed opportunities leave us pinning our hopes on beating OU & OSU and riding the same coat tails of the Big 12 we loathe every selection Sunday.
              -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

Jesus God, we're 7 games into a 35-40 game schedule.

The season isn't over because we lost to 2 top 25 teams.

Enjoy the games folks. These guys are fun to watch and support.

If we don't win enough, then I guess we don't win enough.....idk.

Comment

Originally posted by Slalomshocker View Post
                  Between the MVC not faring well and the OOC schedule not being nearly as strong as it appeared before the season started, this team is going to need to win St Louis or its going to sweat on selection Sunday. Even with only 2 more losses. And this year it really will be 'who have they played'. Long Beach was expected to be much better. They have lost their expected games....and then all the rest too. SoDak St is traditionally decent, and they just got their first D1 win over the weekend. Missed opportunities leave us pinning our hopes on beating OU & OSU and riding the same coat tails of the Big 12 we loathe every selection Sunday.
                  I agree with this totally. We will need to play better in St. Louis than we traditionally have or we may end up in the NIT.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Amen...too much doom and gloom on here nowadays...

Comment

When u play in the MVC, these first 7-10 games define how many games u can afford to lose for the season. Meanwhile CU is ranked 10th and 12th with 2 top 50 wins and 2 top 100 wins.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                        When u play in the MVC, these first 7-10 games define how many games u can afford to lose for the season. Meanwhile CU is ranked 10th and 12th with 2 top 50 wins and 2 top 100 wins.
                        Unfortunately it's fact. UNI will be the next best RPI I would assume, and beating UNI won't be looked at as a "big win" but any other MVC losses will be determined to be a bad loss. A win over Louisville or Michigan State would have given a little more wiggle room.

Comment

Yep, I know that this is a message board and it's a conversation to have throughout the season, but at this point, I'm gonna just enjoy the season and see how it plays out. Not gonna worry about getting respect from anyone else. Just gonna enjoy watchin this rebuilding year unfold and watch our guys get better.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Might be a good time re-iterate why it is more satisfying and logical to watch the analytic rankings like kenpom, sagarin and haslam, than the weekly popularity contests (which are themselves nice to be mentioned in regardless). We're far enough into the season that they are now becoming statistically relevant, and they are arguably the most valid method by which to make a basis of comparison.

In light of such, via kenpom - a widely respected site utilized in the media and by the selection committee - we are 23rd. That's three spots behind AP#13 Indiana, four behind AP#11 UCLA, one in front of AP#16 Arizona, four in front of AP#19 Iowa State, sixteen in front of AP#21 Rhode Island, and so on and so forth. By his calculations, we have the 5th best defense in the country.

It's just two games guys.

Comment

The season is young, you guys are right. But look at the schedule and tell me how WSU builds an At-Large Resume from what you see. That is what those of us 'doom and gloom' people are looking at. The expectations of this program are to be in the NCAAs. Every year. With our without Fred & Ron. Those expectations are going to be tough to meet with our schedule and traditional performance in St Louis. That's all I'm getting at, and I would assume what most others are seeing as well. I fully believe this team as it sits today is an NCAA team, but getting in the dance requires proof of performance, and WSU left that in the Bahamas.
                              -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                                I'm bullish on their projections for Oklahoma State. I believe they could have a shot to finish towards the top of the Big 12. OU on the other hand, I have a hard time seeing them finishing better than 8-10 in conference.

Our biggest problem is that Long Beach, Colorado State, St. Louis and South Dakota State have been flops this year. Couple that in with cupcakes like UMES and South Carolina State and the non-conference doesn't shape up too well.
                                COLORADO STATE IS A FLOP????7-1????

I'm confused.....:)

Comment

Working...
                                X