Conner Frankamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
    This last half of the season, it's become incredibly clear that HCGM trusts Kelly with the ball.

I honestly am not sure who I'd prefer fighting a press between Kelly and Reaves anyway. Austin appears to still get the freshman jitters when faced with a press.
    Austin isn't as strong with the ball during contact is his main flaw.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
      It looked like in his turnover against the press may have been lack of recognition and/or a poor decision to not make the first open pass to center court. Can't really fault a pretty inexperienced freshman for that, though.
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
        Definitely something he'll have to work on in the off-season. That play right before halftime in the championship was a good example. For some reason, they threw the ball to Austin to set up the play. Once that happened, the redbirds were all over him, play over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
          Definitely something he'll have to work on in the off-season. That play right before halftime in the championship was a good example. For some reason, they threw the ball to Austin to set up the play. Once that happened, the redbirds were all over him, play over.
          Yeah, it was a little puzzling that they drew up a play that went through a freshman, in that circumstance.

Edit: Landry is not a typcialfFreshman, so going through him would not have been surprising.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
            What a sign of how far Kelly has come that he is our most trusted ball handler among the forwards.
            and remember way back when he couldn't finish around the basket? seems like ancient history now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
              That play looked like it was supposed to be a pick and pop for RN. Have to credit ISU for blowing it up.
              Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Lately, Kelly and McDuffie have both been doing a pretty good job of bringing the ball up the court in transition. It's when the time comes to decide: go to the rim, feed another player for a layup or kick out, or pull it back and set up the offense when things blow up.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                  That play looked like it was supposed to be a pick and pop for RN. Have to credit ISU for blowing it up.
                  Yep. That's not going to happen much from now on (scouting like that). Austin will make plays in the dance.

Wish he didn't have to suffer through all these injuries, but we might be the ones benefitting in the long run. Great kid. He'll be a great player if they can fix the shoulders and he can stay healthy.

Comment

• Kelly looks like LeBron dribbling down the court now! The switch instantly went on for him and Connor around January!

Now back to your regularly scheduled CF programming!
                    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Most Valley fans weren't impressed with Conner and were looking forward to taking advantage of him this season.
                      Oops! #MOP
                      The Assman

Comment

• We all know that CF has made a three in his last 35 games. Yesterday I heard that the last time he had an 0-fer was Dec 28, 2016. He has made 84 of 183 in those 35 games, for 45.9%. Since I knew he was not shooting 40% this season, I checked his gamelog and see that he was 55 of 109 for 50.5% in the final 22 games in '16-'17 and is 29-74 in for 39.2% 13 games of '17-'18, which by the way, is his D-1 career average. Let's hope that he goes on another career-best 22 game streak beginning now extending his consecutive game streak to 57.
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:

Comment

• wichshock65
                          wichshock65 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          His streak ended??????

• Stickboy46
                          Stickboy46 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          No, he didn't play last night .. so the streak lives.

• No, he didn't play. That is why I mentioned extending his streak to 57. I just hope the next 22 are close to his best 22, rather than the 13 this year (i.e. 50.5% versus 39.2%

Comment

• Shockm
                          Shockm commented
                          Editing a comment
                          He's been hunting his shot more this year as opposed to the past, per HCGM. He has shot more shots under duress than the past thus a lower percentage

• This is kind of weird for me to watch now. Seems like a distant memory: https://youtu.be/ptDWxD1y6t4

Comment

• ShockerPhi
                          ShockerPhi commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Kind of cool seeing all the Shocker fans in the building cheering for him when he mad that 3 at the end of the 1st half. I was there and I cheered when he hit those big shots.

But I still had a big grin on my face when KU ended up losing. Was pretty much only rooting for Conner and Perry.

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                        This is kind of weird for me to watch now. Seems like a distant memory: https://youtu.be/ptDWxD1y6t4
                        I've been loving that he's been given a bigger role on a better team. That game was his coming out party. Whatever reason he landed at WSU, I was really worried he would lack confidence and bring KU b.s. with him. But he's come a very long way as a player. The most exciting part is that we know he would have never gotten the role he has here, If he stayed there. That's a huge WSU win, and a huge Conner win. Light it the f***up Conner.

Comment

• The espn article today talking about the strengths and weaknesses of each team... Identified Conner as the weak leak and the player teams attack on WSU, not good.

Comment

Working...
                          X