Conner Frankamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
    If they are, MVC fans would think they won 80% of their games against WSU the last 5 years.
    Yes, because that rule would only apply to WSU opponents

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
      Isn't a rim-out worth 0.7?
      Maybe, or perhaps they should make deductions for 3-point bank shots or shots that bounce several times on the rim, hit the backgoard then go in or shots that bounces above the shoting square and drops back in. I think the Shocks would actually benefit from that as more of those seem to go in agin us than for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Maybe, or perhaps they should make deductions for 3-point bank shots or shots that bounce several times on the rim, hit the backgoard then go in or shot that bounces above the shoting square and drops back in. I think the Shocks would actually benefit from that as more of those seem to go in agin us than for us.
        Speaking of which, it's no wonder LUC shoots 47% or whatever it is. Talk about some insanely soft rims yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
          We tend to pigeon hole players too much. Gregg doesn't put them in a box. He runs plays to both of them, sometimes with one running the offense and the other a wing, etc. and then they switch places. If you listened to Landry tonight, he said that Conner and he were interchangeable. On their own, Conner and Landry change who brings up the ball and initiates the offense depending on the situation. The only thing I noticed at the game today is that when both Landry and Conner are on the bench at the same time, Loyola sometimes jacked up the pressure and the offense would fizzle out and we struggled to get shots up before the 30 second buzzer.
          If you remember what Shamet said in the postgame show with MK, he said that Conner and he talked before the tip and he said that whichever one of them gets the ball on the opening tip will run the point for that play. Shamet got the ball and so ran it. It could have easily been Conner to run the point for that play.
          Last edited by 1979Shocker; February 13, 2017, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
            If you remember what Shamet said in the postgame show with MK, he said that Conner and he talked before the tip and he said that whichever one of them gets the ball on the opening tip will run the point for that play. Shamet got the ball and so ran it. It could have easily been Conner to run the point for that play.
            That is true and that was interesting but I think it is safe to say that at this point Landry is the primary point guard. The nice thing about Landy and Conner is they can morph between the 1 and the 2 not only on different possession but at times even within possessions depending on how things breadkown. Both can shoot it, both have great assist to turnover ratios. Landry is a better slasher.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 13, 2017, 07:45 PM.

Comment

• Conner now shooting .438 from 3 on the season....522 in Valley games! Also .509 from the field and is averaging double figures. Shamet shooting .462 from three in MVC. Team is .422!
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Still think CF is being underutilized.
                He needs 12 shots a game. Just run that ISO set 4 or 5 times at least!

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                  Conner now shooting .438 from 3 on the season....522 in Valley games! Also .509 from the field and is averaging double figures. Shamet shooting .462 from three in MVC. Team is .422!
                  Those are just ridiculously good numbers all around.

Comment

• Conner now clocks in with a 131.3 Ortg on kenpom, would be the Highest for a WSU player at least in the Marshall era. (FVV was 130 in 13-14)

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                      Those are just ridiculously good numbers all around.
                      No kidding. Our starting 1-2s are 65-132 from 3 in conference. By far and away our high volume guys, and they're damned near 50% from 3. And the thing is they taking great shots for the most part, there's no reason to think they're going to cool off, at least substantially, and they continue to get better. Shamet was a beast at times out there, starting to play above the rim.

Comment

• Shamet is starting to go to the hoop more, which is great. He was also doing a little more pure point guarding.

Conner has turned in to what people said he could be, and I had decided he couldn't be. I couldn't be happier about it. What he and Shamet are doing will work against just about any team in the country.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          No kidding. Our starting 1-2s are 65-132 from 3 in conference. By far and away our high volume guys, and they're damned near 50% from 3. And the thing is they taking great shots for the most part, there's no reason to think they're going to cool off, at least substantially, and they continue to get better. Shamet was a beast at times out there, starting to play above the rim.
                          After the drive from the top of the key and the two handed slam, Shamet had some anger in his face! Boy wants to win!
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• In one of our 3 remaining Valley games, I predict CF will make 5-3-pointers in a game. Count it!!!!!!!
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                              In one of our 3 remaining Valley games, I predict CF will make 5-3-pointers in a game. Count it!!!!!!!
                              All he needs is one in the first half to do it.
                              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Sure the nickname is already taken but Shamet and Frankamp are our version of the Splash Bros. Give either of those guys an inch of daylight at your own peril.

The overall team defense still has room to improve. If they can lock in for 40 minutes on that end...look out!

Comment

Working...
                                X