WSU Versus Long Beach State Predictions and Pregame Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus Long Beach State Predictions and Pregame Discussion

Here's the deal. It was almost like the Bulldogs were playing 52 card pick-up trying to compete against our beloved Shocks. However, now the price of poker just went up.

Nothing could be finer than to beat the 49ers in the moonrise time. This squad will be one of the more experienced teams we play with 4 returning starters led by 1st team All West potential player of the year Justin Bibbins. Add to this team a player Coach Marshall mentioned that made a memorable dunk against us when he played for Loyola Marymount named Evan Payne. This team will be tough as nails.

What about them Shocks? So-crates once said something like "To know is to know that you know nothing. That is the meaning of true knowledge."
    Let me say this about that. We do know the Shocks are loaded with talent and once our chemistry is clicking, it will be divine. In this close game, I predict the Shocks will 'hold the fort' led by CF and MM both scoring 14 and #12 coming of the bench to score 12.

Shockers----77
    49ers--------74
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

WSU-76
    LBS-60

Comment

The Wheat 73
      The Beach 63

Comment

Long Beach - 68
        Long Bench - 73

Comment

The Round House Of Horrors - 86
          The Goofy Pyramid - 62
          "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

This team is bigger & faster than the team we played last night. Better on the boards too. 4 double digit scorers returning from last year. Won last night 95-59. Beat Seton Hall last year, and we couldn't do that with you-know-who. Truly a battle tested team.

Keep turnovers low (I'm looking at you Connor), attack the glass (even the waterboy), hit 5-7 3's, and we win a close one. Low scoring and ugly never looked so good!

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
              The Round House Of Horrors - 86
              The Goofy Pyramid - 62
              Love the avatar!
              ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Shocks by 14, 70-56
                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

This will be a very tough close game that could go either way. We
                  will have to shoot much better from the perimeter to win, edge them
                  on the boards and TO stats, and hold them south of 40% shooting.
                  Doubt we can do it. Picking LBSU 75-72 but hoping for some crow.

Comment

shockers by 3

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                      This team is bigger & faster than the team we played last night. Better on the boards too. 4 double digit scorers returning from last year. Won last night 95-59. Beat Seton Hall last year, and we couldn't do that with you-know-who. Truly a battle tested team.

Keep turnovers low (I'm looking at you Connor), attack the glass (even the waterboy), hit 5-7 3's, and we win a close one. Low scoring and ugly never looked so good!
                      I wouldn't say The Beach is necessarily bigger than SCSU. The Beach has one 6'9" 200 lb, one 6'8" 250 lb, and two 6'7" players, one of which weighs 240 lb. SCSU has three 6'8" players, two of which weigh 230lbs, and three 6'7" players. I'd say the size difference is negligible. I don't know about faster.

I don't see four double digit scorers returning from last year for the Beach. Here is their prospectus PDF for this season:

I remember that game last year against The Hall. WSU had to play 8 on 5. WSU got tagged for about twice as many fouls as the The Hall. The Hall were given about twenty more free throws than WSU. You-know-who wasn't anywhere near 100%, and he even fouled-out; and WSU still took the game to overtime and only lost by four. The Beach beat The Hall by three in a neutral site game, and beyond that, had some really bad losses last season.

Shocks should blow them out!
                      "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                        This will be a very tough close game that could go either way. We
                        will have to shoot much better from the perimeter to win, edge them
                        on the boards and TO stats, and hold them south of 40% shooting.
                        Doubt we can do it. Picking LBSU 75-72 but hoping for some crow.
                        We gave up 70+ points in regulation 3 times last year.
                        Don't see it happening to LBSU
                        Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

Originally posted by ROOT ANGRY! View Post
                          We gave up 70+ points in regulation 3 times last year.
                          Don't see it happening to LBSU
                          Shocks by 8 in a ruff and tumble game. We will need to shoot better from the perimeter and I think we will. The D will create turnovers and lead to some easy transition baskets.

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
                            I wouldn't say The Beach is necessarily bigger than SCSU. The Beach has one 6'9" 200 lb, one 6'8" 250 lb, and two 6'7" players, one of which weighs 240 lb. SCSU has three 6'8" players, two of which weigh 230lbs, and three 6'7" players. I'd say the size difference is negligible. I don't know about faster.

I don't see four double digit scorers returning from last year for the Beach. Here is their prospectus PDF for this season:

I remember that game last year against The Hall. WSU had to play 8 on 5. WSU got tagged for about twice as many fouls as the The Hall. The Hall were given about twenty more free throws than WSU. You-know-who wasn't anywhere near 100%, and he even fouled-out; and WSU still took the game to overtime and only lost by four. The Beach beat The Hall by three in a neutral site game, and beyond that, had some really bad losses last season.

Shocks should blow them out!
                            http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...h-state-49ers: These are the stats I read at ESPN.com. They apply to this year, which means that's what they scored in the game last night. Mea Culpa.

My main point was that they're a much better opponent based upon some recent wins we can point to. Much better competition.

Ripemup, if the 49'ers bigs are as nondescript as you say they are, comparable to SC St., and they're as slow as a team, it's going to be a rockin' good time in the roundhouse! But I expect them to be hella' better than the team we played last night.

Comment

Long Beach fan looking forward to a good game. I don't know how good we are. We had two blowout wins against weak opponents. But one thing this team is not is slow. You may not play against quicker guards all year. As to turnovers, they handle the ball and keep them to a minimum. And they can (not always) shoot very well.

Comment

Working...
                              X