Watching Games with Cox cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abrittai View Post
    Thanks everyone! We gave up on Cox. Think we may try Sling TV, at least we'll get ESPN that way. I heard somewhere that on ESPN3 you could watch the blackout games after the game was over... not ideal but worth a try.
    You might want to check playstation vue which is also available through Roku. For a little more the programming is more extensive.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Cox blows, huge. But there's nothing you can do about watching the Shocks.

2 drawbacks with DirecTv. Rain, and no Shocks. I keep a dual hookup on 1 tv to cover both situations. It sucks, but oh well, I'm lucky.
      Cox double blows. When I moved to the semi-country, I wanted Cox service. There is not a Cox cable in front or near my home, but there is one block away.

In 2003 I asked, when Cox might provide service to my home. Cox wanted $50 for the answer. I have Direct TV.

Cox double blows.
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerEngr View Post
        ESPN3 access is included with some internet providers, even without TV service. The Cox 22 shockers games are included on Espn3, but subject to geographic blackout. Generally if you are in Kansas, it won't work without some trickery to get around. They are available for replay without blackouts after the game.

SlingTV will get you the ESPN games as well as access to the WatchESPN app, and is supposed to be easier to cancel.

My neighbors have Cox, I'm on the other side of the city limits and cox has so far refused to bring service the last 400ft. I'll be working around the blackouts and sleeping well doing it.
        last 400ft

I know exactly what you mean.

d
        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

I have Cox Contour and it is the bomb!

Comment

Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post
            I have Cox Contour and it is the bomb!
            Your exploding tv's will confirm this.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I keep Cox Cable cause the Shox are on it.

Comment

I had this same problem so figured this might help a few out. I'm not in the Cox area, but still in the blackout zone. I found this while doing some article research on the Iowa State forums. I downloaded Hotspot Shield (actual name, sorry no address) and they have a free version. Doesn't cost a thing, isn't a trial, easy to turn on and off with a click. By turning it on before logging onto ESPN3, it changes the proxy(?) so that you're not blacked out. I stream games through an older laptop, so I know it doesn't hog or bog your speeds. I do, however, have to turn it off before streaming Netflix for some reason. This will be the 3rd season I've relied on this method, and no ill effects so.....do with it what you may. I hope this helps a few more fans get to see some live shocker action. Still have no solutions on how to watch Cox22 games not on Espn3 though.

Comment

Don't the local watering holes carry Cox? That only helps Wichitans though.

Comment

Originally posted by Calshockfan View Post
                    You might want to check playstation vue which is also available through Roku. For a little more the programming is more extensive.
                    My wife and I went this direction. While we are out of luck for the Cox 22 games, we do get:

ESPN
                    ESPN 2
                    ESPN U
                    ESPN news
                    Fox Sports Network
                    FS1
                    FS2
                    NBC sports
                    Big 10 network
                    Sec network
                    Golf channel
                    NFL Network

And that's just the sports channels I can think of off the top of my head.
                    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

I can't confirm, nor can I deny the existence of a website that may, or may not be called vipboxtv.me

No, I can't make any claims about it. I don't know if Shocker games are available on this website that may, or may not exist. I don't even know where I came up with the idea of some ficticious website that probably isnt even named vipboxtv.me or anything close to vipboxtv.me.......

I have never tried it. I've never streamed from it. I've never bitched about choppy streams.

Just forget I even mentioned anything like vipboxtv.me because it doesn't exist, and if it did, I wouldn't post anything about it.
                      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

I downloaded HotspotVPN, connected, and was able to watch the game through ESPN watch. There's a 30 day trial so it works for me!

Comment

You can watch them on your phone. If you're a techie, you can move the phone image to your TV. IP blockers don't work on your phone's wireless data. Start the ESPN 3 game on your phone's wireless data, 30 seconds in, switch on your Wi-Fi and shut off mobile data so as not to waste all your data. It won't pick up your IP so long as you don't close out of the App. If you do, just do it again.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
                            You can watch them on your phone. If you're a techie, you can move the phone image to your TV. IP blockers don't work on your phone's wireless data. Start the ESPN 3 game on your phone's wireless data, 30 seconds in, switch on your Wi-Fi and shut off mobile data so as not to waste all your data. It won't pick up your IP so long as you don't close out of the App. If you do, just do it again.
                            Well played!
                            Livin the dream

Comment

No black outs in Alaska!! Espn3 FTW.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                              Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Working...
                              X