Watching Games with Cox cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watching Games with Cox cable

Hi all. Can you please tell me where we can watch the games with having Cox 22? Or ESPN without cable? I was hoping that maybe WSU had an app or something we can pay for access to all the games. Thanks!

Originally posted by abrittai View Post
    Hi all. Can you please tell me where we can watch the games with having Cox 22? Or ESPN without cable? I was hoping that maybe WSU had an app or something we can pay for access to all the games. Thanks!
    For most games you will need access to Cox or ESPN.
    Livin the dream

Comment

WSU used to have Shockervision but that went away a couple seasons ago when ESPN3 started showing all the games.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        WSU used to have Shockervision but that went away a couple seasons ago when ESPN3 started showing all the games.
        Do you know if the Cox 22 games are shown on ESPN3 as well?
        Thanks for your help!

Comment

If you don't have cox then you're SOL! Unless they show it on ESPN or cbs sports

Comment

You gotta have a cable account username and password in order to log into ESPN3. From what I hear, some of the ESPN3 games are blacked out if you live in the local area. I'm out of state so I can watch them all.

Comment

If you live in Wichita and don't have Cox you are screwed.
              Livin the dream

Comment

A guy at Wal-Mart was trying to sell us Direct TV, telling us about all the channels they offered. I said, "Do you have Shocker basketball?" He started talking about how many NFL games they carried every week. I said that I didn't care about the NFL, and "Do you have Shocker basketball?" He said no, and commented that he keeps hearing that question.

Comment

If you have an account with one of the participating providers shown in the link below, then you can watch games that are on ESPN3, as long as you don't live in one of the states represented by an MVC school.

ESPN3.com Participating Providers

Comment

Cox blows, huge. But there's nothing you can do about watching the Shocks.

2 drawbacks with DirecTv. Rain, and no Shocks. I keep a dual hookup on 1 tv to cover both situations. It sucks, but oh well, I'm lucky.

Comment

In Tulsa, many of the Shocks Cox 22 games are shown on the local cox station. Channels 3, 1003.

Comment

Thanks everyone! We gave up on Cox. Think we may try Sling TV, at least we'll get ESPN that way. I heard somewhere that on ESPN3 you could watch the blackout games after the game was over... not ideal but worth a try.

Comment

ESPN3 access is included with some internet providers, even without TV service. The Cox 22 shockers games are included on Espn3, but subject to geographic blackout. Generally if you are in Kansas, it won't work without some trickery to get around. They are available for replay without blackouts after the game.

SlingTV will get you the ESPN games as well as access to the WatchESPN app, and is supposed to be easier to cancel.

My neighbors have Cox, I'm on the other side of the city limits and cox has so far refused to bring service the last 400ft. I'll be working around the blackouts and sleeping well doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerEngr View Post
                            My neighbors have Cox, I'm on the other side of the city limits and cox has so far refused to bring service the last 400ft.
                            You don't yet know how lucky you are.

Comment

For those of you that know someone with Cox, you might look into a Slingbox (not SlingTV). My dad has cox and I just pay for him to have an extra cable box, and tossed a Slingplayer on there. Full access to all Cox Channels from anywhere. Plus use of his DVR.
                              Last edited by Stickboy46; November 8, 2016, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X