No announcement yet.

WSU Versus S. Carolina State Predictions and Pregame Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me there was a lot of stress last season. Expectations, seniors, injuries, balky offense and insecure post-season positioning about wore me out. I think this season, with lower expectations, will be less stressful as we enjoy watching this team grow and develop. I think the trend line for this team will be very positive. Who knows what the ceiling is? If these guys can get on an early roll, watch out. It will start Friday with a 20 point victory.
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

This is gonna be a fun year. Not necessarily successful, especially by the last few years standards. Maybe a 2011 like season. Let's just make sure to enjoy it and cheer the boys on.

Shocks - 62
      SCST - 55
      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

I think this will be a season where where many of our games will be much tighter and closer than we have experienced over the last 5+ years. We have a lot of potential, but potential does not win ball games. This team will naturally improve as they get more games under their belt, but I am a little bit concerned about our early out-of conference games and the November and early December games are almost upon us.
        Last edited by 60Shock; November 7, 2016, 01:27 PM.

Comment

shockers by 7

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
            I think this will be a season where where many of our games will be much tighter and closer than we have experienced over the last 5+ years. We have a lot of potential, but potential does not win ball games. This team will naturally improve as they get more games under their belt, but I am a little bit concerned about our early out-of conference games and the November and and early December games are almost upon us.
            I have no doubt we will board with the best the Valley has to offer. Maybe even better, which in itself could lead to a title/s. But, on the flip side, our execution, albeit very early, looks about mid-Valley at best. Point play looks to be steady. I don't think Murray was a better ball handler than Frankamp, so it can work.

Comment

This team is quite different from the last couple of years but they were enjoyable to watch and I feel they will do well with some seasoning. I think they could have used another exhibition before the real deal but oh well... I also don't expect Shaq to dominate /every/ opposing team but I think he will until they start doubling down on him.. Then I think he can toss it back out to the open perimeter where it's rumored we might even have a sharpshooter or two of our own. :)

Friday: Shockers 82
              SCSU 70

I think they'll speed it up a bit more.

Comment

I think until the new guys get up to speed how good we look will depend on how tight the rotations are. There are 7 guys at this point that I would trust against better competition. Obviously more guys will play when we can get away with it because some of them are going to be very important as the season wears on. It's going to be very interesting to see the minutes distribution as the competition ramps up.

Comment

Originally posted by Windiwu View Post
                  This team is quite different from the last couple of years but they were enjoyable to watch and I feel they will do well with some seasoning. I think they could have used another exhibition before the real deal but oh well... I also don't expect Shaq to dominate /every/ opposing team but I think he will until they start doubling down on him.. Then I think he can toss it back out to the open perimeter where it's rumored we might even have a sharpshooter or two of our own. :)

Friday: Shockers 82
                  SCSU 70

I think they'll speed it up a bit more.
                  really, it 'kinda looked like the same old shockers when they were up by 22. but that run by augusta was aided by fumbling ball-handling/catching.

Comment

Certainly we need to see better performances from Markis, Zach and Darral and I think that we will.

I would like to see our interior players show better hands and it would be nice to see a few more slashes to the basket.

Obviously, the starting lineup won't be based on the same methodology used for Augusta.

I think that Frankamp, Shamet, McDuffie and Morris start for sure. Not sure who the 5th starter will be. Kelley, Willis or Brown would be the top candidates I would think.

Add Smith, Reaves, Hamilton and Nurger to the mix for an 11-man rotation.

Hopefully, we can avoid any significant lulls in effort and focus.

I am especially pulling for Darral Willis to have a solid performance. He has the tools and is seems to a really good guy.

BTW, I usually approach the campus from the Southeast taking Oliver to 17th street. That route is now open and the 2 new buildings on the Innovation Campus along 17th street are really impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      EXCEPT the outcome of the vast majority of games isn't the stone cold lock it's been for 3 seasons. You'll walk into CKA and be nervous about the outcome.

What's wrong with that? I enjoyed the game against Augusta, I really did. Maybe even more than beating Milquetoast State by 50. This team is intriguing if unproven.

I'm not saying those games weren't fun. They left memories for a lifetime. But this season will be different. We don't know yet what we're going to get from game to game.

Sure we'll expect to win Friday, but Sunday night? For 3 seasons the thought of a home loss border-lined on insanity. Not now. And we as fans should embrace that and make sure we do our part and support these guys for 40 minutes.
                      I think Sunday night has the potential to be a battle like we are not used to seeing the 2nd game of the season.

Comment

75-59 Shocks wear them down and pull away late.
                        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Conner has earned the starting point guard spot for Friday and Landry is starting also. Other 3 positions are up in the air. This is all per Marshall today.

Comment

CF, LS, MM, RK, SM. Starting 5 prediction.

Comment

MM and RK is my guess. I'm fine with Shaq coming off the bench for 20 min a game. I actually think it might be for his benefit to let Rauno wear down the other team's post and then have a fresh Shaq come in a reak hovoc on a tired post or a 2nd stringer.

Comment

I think this will be a bit of a down year compared to the last few years. We'll have lots of close games, especially OOC. I think we'll win by single digits Friday, but I think some guys are going to get thrown into the fire pretty quickly. I also predict there will be a lot of arguing about the officiating, as always. :)

Comment

Working...
                                X