WSU Versus S. Carolina State Predictions and Pregame Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus S. Carolina State Predictions and Pregame Discussion

Here's the deal. It goes like this. The Black and Yellow Curtains will be opening for our first game at fallback time this Friday and 8:30 p.m. and it will be a cakewalk?

Not so fast. S. Carolina State has a solid Coach that is one of the best in the MEAC. They return Eric Eaves at 17.3 ppg and maybe the MVP of that Conference along with Ed Stephens and a high scoring Juco player named JJ Richardson.

Our beloved Shocks are not scart but will not take this this solid foe lightly. Will this be our starters? 1. CF 2.Shamet 3. MM 4. Kelly 5. Shaq? Dunno but we have lots of options. Look for MM and Brown to have solid games this time and #12 will come off the bench to score 12. This game falls on 11/11 so MM, CF, and #11 will all score 11 I predict.

We should continue this prediction thread this Season and I hope any of you will assist in starting the thread before each game.

Shocks will win by 11.

Shocks--77

Bulldogs-66
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

WSU 76
    SCSU 60

Comment

Game on.........finally. Doesn't matter who starts. We have depth
      again. I kind of like starting RN and bringing SM off the bench not
      because Shaq doesn't deserve it but because it might help protect
      him foul wise allowing a better chance to be there at the end. MM
      will get it together and give us a glimpse of how good he can be, as
      well as, the team. Large crowd will help the confidence of the
      newcomers. We will see a much better Willis and more good things
      from AR. Shocks 81-63

Comment

The game with AU was a good opener as they were a scrappy team and kept us honest. Have no doubt GM and assistants will work out some of the minor deficiencies.

WSU: 70

SCS: 60

Comment

Eaves is a player. Wasn't there a really good Louisville player with the last name Eaves? Jerry Eaves maybe? No idea, I'm just thinking.

I think this team will be at it's best when they're playing at warp speed. I'd love to see some of that this Friday. Press, press and more press.

I'd love to see an Eaves vs Reaves battle.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Eaves is a player. Wasn't there a really good Louisville player with the last name Eaves? Jerry Eaves maybe? No idea, I'm just thinking.

I think this team will be at it's best when they're playing at warp speed. I'd love to see some of that this Friday. Press, press and more press.

I was wondering if I was the only one who thought of that

Comment

The downside of all that pressure is if you don't create a lot of steals it bites you in transition. We didn't get many steals yesterday...
              You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Games are gonna be very hard to predict with this team.

Toss a coin lol

I say we win by 6
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I'm with ya. Any combo of McDuffie, Brown, Hamilton, Shamet, Willis and Kelly with the fast hands of Smith or Frankamp and Shaq playing goalie gives us the length and speed/athleticism that we haven't had here in a very long time. We need to take advantage of that and run our opponents into the ground.

Comment

I predict we won't see the same starting line up.

Comment

i believe jerry eaves was on the 1980 national champion louisville cardinals

Comment

Shox 77
                        SCSU 65

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                          i believe jerry eaves was on the 1980 national champion louisville cardinals
                          Yep. GGG's kinda player; quick southpaw point. That whole 'Ville team was undersized. I think one of Rick Shore's prize pupils from Mt. Vernon was a center on that squad. Too bad he couldn't get both of those guys to Wichita (The McCrays).

Comment

Oh yeah:

Shocks- 71
                            Bulldogs- 65

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                              Here's the deal. It goes like this. The Black and Yellow Curtains will be opening for our first game at fallback time this Friday and 8:30 p.m. and it will be a cakewalk?

Not so fast. S. Carolina State has a solid Coach that is one of the best in the MEAC. They return Eric Eaves at 17.3 ppg and maybe the MVP of that Conference along with Ed Stephens and a high scoring Juco player named JJ Richardson.

Our beloved Shocks are not scart but will not take this this solid foe lightly. Will this be our starters? 1. CF 2.Shamet 3. MM 4. Kelly 5. Shaq? Dunno but we have lots of options. Look for MM and Brown to have solid games this time and #12 will come off the bench to score 12. This game falls on 11/11 so MM, CF, and #11 will all score 11 I predict.

We should continue this prediction thread this Season and I hope any of you will assist in starting the thread before each game.

Shocks will win by 11.

Shocks--77

Bulldogs-66
                              I don't consider it a real season unless and until @forevershockerfan: is starting the pregame prediction threads. So welcome home and let's get it on.

The last 6 seasons have been incredible. Honestly ever since Gregg arrived this program has been exciting to support. This season will be no different......

EXCEPT the outcome of the vast majority of games isn't the stone cold lock it's been for 3 seasons. You'll walk into CKA and be nervous about the outcome.

What's wrong with that? I enjoyed the game against Augusta, I really did. Maybe even more than beating Milquetoast State by 50. This team is intriguing if unproven.

I'm not saying those games weren't fun. They left memories for a lifetime. But this season will be different. We don't know yet what we're going to get from game to game.

Sure we'll expect to win Friday, but Sunday night? For 3 seasons the thought of a home loss border-lined on insanity. Not now. And we as fans should embrace that and make sure we do our part and support these guys for 40 minutes.

And while I promise not to ***** about it all season....can we please fill up GA? Go to the games, or give your tickets to someone that will, or sell more. That's all.

Comment

Working...
                              X