Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Wichita State Won A National Title, I would...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Wichita State Won A National Title, I would...

Since the Cubs broke their drought all of an hour ago, I thought I'd see what we all would do if Wichita State ever won a national title.

I'd want to drink, but I don't even know if I could because I'd be so happy I couldn't sleep the entire night. Maybe alcohol would help?

I'd definitely be at the game. That much isn't debatable. But I'm not sure I could put to words right now the emotions that would be flowing through me, so I really have no gauge as to what I would be doing afterwards.

Anyways, just an interesting question.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Before the Louisville game, I told my mom that if WSU won and played on Monday, it would be the longest day ever and I would be the most unbearable person ever.

That's just if WSU played on Championship Monday. If it won...I can't even fathom my emotion.
    78-65

Comment

Cubs won.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

...be happier than I've ever been after a sporting event.

I'm an Alabama football fan, so I have some experience with national championships. Paul Bryant's first in 1961 was slightly before my time as a serious rooter, but I've celebrated every one since. Nevertheless, the number one highlight of my career as a sports fan was standing in excitement, high up behind home plate at Rosenblatt Stadium, for the last few pitches as Greg Brummett finished the job against Almighty Texas.

I'd be watching at home, most likely -- certainly not at the game itself, because the view on TV is so much better (and cheaper); plus, that way I could watch the game while listening to Mike Kennedy call it, and checking the TV audio for occasional comments or halftime info (thank goodness for closed captioning to give me a clue when to unmute). And when it was over, I'd have a new number one career moment as a fan.

Comment

I would be bawling with happiness! I would be buying the biggest mugs of beer in old town and drunk as a skunk. I would then walk up and down Douglas screaming with joy! ... for two or three days... probably have to get a room at broad view place... then wait for the ticker tape. Just the thought is intoxicating.

Comment

... be ready to die happy.

Comment

In basketball?

Comment

I would streak the Keeper of the Plains painted black and gold

Comment

Get a tattoo of WuShock!

Comment

I don't know, but everyone and their mother in Alaska would know that WSU just won the National Championship.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

An orgasmic experience if alive.

If not, I'll turn over in my grave.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                        If not, I'll turn over in my grave.
                        I'll arise (rise) from the dead.
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Man, I was barely prepared emotionally for the Final Four game. And yet, I wasn't utterly devastated after the loss, but halfway through the second half, I thought we were gonna pull it off. And I couldn't contain myself.

For a national title, I too would be at the game. Being in the student section for the Final Four was the best $40 I'll ever spend. And I'd definitely want to be sitting next to fellow die hards so we won't mind if we injure each other in elation. But I'll definitely need someone to baby sit me for the rest of the night and make sure I don't do something stupid.

I also would take off work for the rest of the week.

Comment

....will have predicted it prior to the tournament starting.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              ....will have predicted it prior to the tournament starting.
                              Well now I just feel like I wasted my time the last 3 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X