New home uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
    Did any of our jerseys have cursive prior to the Final Four jerseys that Nike designed for us? I haven't been a huge fan of any of the jerseys with the cursive fonts, but I wonder if they're continuing with the theme from those Final Four jerseys or what.
    What you're referring to as the font from the FF unis (and then the grays added the next season) isn't actually a font at all; it is an official WSU logo developed back a few years ago when the University hired a design firm to remake all of WSU's logos and letterheads and such. While it is not necessarily an aggressive design, it is a far more polished and professional looking than the generic script we see in these newest jerseys.

I'm hoping the above jerseys are just this year's home alternate, 'cause they're fricken lame. Our uniforms have never looked the part of a top 25 program, and we just took another step in the wrong direction.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
      What you're referring to as the font from the FF unis (and then the grays added the next season) isn't actually a font at all; it is an official WSU logo developed back a few years ago when the University hired a design firm to remake all of WSU's logos and letterheads and such. While it is not necessarily an aggressive design, it is a far more polished and professional looking than the generic script we see in these newest jerseys.

I'm hoping the above jerseys are just this year's home alternate, 'cause they're fricken lame. Our uniforms have never looked the part of a top 25 program, and we just took another step in the wrong direction.
      The first time we wore the FF jerseys was at the Final Four. In my memory, Nike designed them for us. Is that incorrect? Or did Nike just take a logo (the "Shockers" in that specific style) that Wichita State already had and slap it on a jersey? I was way more excited about the Nike treatment when I thought they did it all.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
        The first time we wore the FF jerseys was at the Final Four. In my memory, Nike designed them for us. Is that incorrect? Or did Nike just take a logo (the "Shockers" in that specific style) that Wichita State already had and slap it on a jersey? I was way more excited about the Nike treatment when I thought they did it all.
        My recollection is that Nike used the typestyle that was designed as part of the new WSU "wheat" athletic logo to make "ShockerS" for the FF jersey. I don't remember having seen "ShockerS" like that before those jerseys.

Comment

Simple, no frills. I like them. Or at least have no objection.

Comment

The "ShockerS" many first saw when it was used on the front of the new FF unis was part of a Wichita State logo rebrand circa 2009 from Gardner Designs. I can't find the press release, or images from that news bit, but at that time WSU released several different logos and wordmarks, including the improved WSU logo we see today, the WuShock that was streamlined, the ShockerS we're talking about here, and a lot of other branding stuff.

It seemed new at the time because the University had not really used it for much to that point.

Shockers designed by Joe Bosack. Connect with them on Dribbble; the global community for designers and creative professionals.

Comment

Last year's away black unis, modified for a home whites down to fonts and trim:

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                The "ShockerS" many first saw when it was used on the front of the new FF unis was part of a Wichita State logo rebrand circa 2009 from Gardner Designs. I can't find the press release, or images from that news bit, but at that time WSU released several different logos and wordmarks, including the improved WSU logo we see today, the WuShock that was streamlined, the ShockerS we're talking about here, and a lot of other branding stuff.

It seemed new at the time because the University had not really used it for much to that point.

Shockers designed by Joe Bosack. Connect with them on Dribbble; the global community for designers and creative professionals.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...s_wordmark.png
                As far as I know, the Gardner Designs logo was thesingle wsu logo that is on everything: Press release for that

The two "S"s in the ShockerS logo are the same as the "S" in the Gardner Designs logo, but I'd never seen "ShockerS" prior to the FF run. Either Nike took an existing design (ShockerS) that hadn't been released or they just created a font from the wSu logo that Gardner Designs created. Either way, I didn't like those FF jerseys that much. I just liked the Nike publicity.

I really like the two jerseys you just posted, though.

Edit to add: just realized the whites were modified from the away jerseys

Comment

Slight modification with yellow a little more prominent and the same font for both numbers and letters.
                  Attached Files
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Slight modification with yellow a little more prominent and the same font for both numbers and letters.
                    Needs skinnier legs.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                      Needs skinnier legs.
                      Haha I noticed that too. Dude's calves look like they're tree trunks.
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                        Haha I noticed that too. Dude's calves look like they're tree trunks.
                        Reggie Smithson-esque.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I liked the style of the Final Four jerseys best on yellow, black, and white. Last year's away blacks were the next best thing. But the yellow ones with super skinny letters and no name on the back? Horrible.

Why can't we just keep a uniform look across all colors for a few years.

Comment

That is a GREAT look!
                                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                                X