No announcement yet.

Favorite Shocker PERSON???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since it is on a basketball thread, I'll go with MR. SEXTON....the one who could play:)

Comment

Originally posted by Royalno5 View Post
      Reuben Eckels
      I met Reub as an underclassmen in "Basketball 101". We mainly played games for those who needed a PE credit and already played the game. He was fun, polite and loved to get everyone involved. He teased me about being able to jump in spite of my genetics. Needless to say, he could fly. We ended up playing pick up games in Henrion Gym on a few occasions after that. Such a great smile.
      Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
        Since it is on a basketball thread, I'll go with MR. SEXTON....the one who could play:)
        We should all age as gracefully...
        Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
          I was under the impression he was a football player and what a player he was.:)

Comment

Johnny Coy. My son and him kind of took up a friendship at a baseball camp years ago. This February when my son had to have open heart surgery, Johnny stayed in constant contact with us and him checking on how everything was going. He even
            got Coach Marshall to call my son the day before his surgery and just hours before they were set to play Loyola in Chicago. He also gave our number to Ron Baker and several baseball players who either texted, or sent out messages on Twitter. Johnny
            is a class act and a wonderful young man. Also Coach Marshall could not of been any nicer or more encouraging to a 12 year old sports minded boy going through something like open heart surgery. After the talk with coach my son seemed to be more
            at ease and confident that he would be okay and would be back playing sports in no time. He is now fully recovered and was playing baseball 3 months after the surgery and will be playing basketball in junior high this winter.
            THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

Comment

WU Shock!

My first and most lasting memory of my alma mater.
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Spike Anderson was always amazingly nice and gracious as a player, still is.

This is going to seem lazy, but FVV is probably one of the nicest and most respectful Shocker people I've ever came across.

Comment

Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
                  Spike Anderson was always amazingly nice and gracious as a player, still is.

This is going to seem lazy, but FVV is probably one of the nicest and most respectful Shocker people I've ever came across.
                  Couldn't agree more. Great people. Fred's EASILY in my top 5 of student athletes who were nice to me for no reason whatsoever.

Garrett Stutz, Toure Murry, Fred VanVleet, Jordan Loney, Graham Hatch.....many others, but those 5 were special people.

Comment

Brent Kemnitz and Kerry Rosenboom are great people and I'm proud they're associated with Wichita State.
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

I haven't been that close to the program to get to know a lot of people personally, but I did know some of the athletes back in the day when I was in school, most notably Jaime Bluma, Darren Dreifort, Scot Mcloughan, Doug Mirabelli, Patrice Scott and Paul Wight - all good dudes.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        Couldn't agree more. Great people. Fred's EASILY in my top 5 of student athletes who were nice to me for no reason whatsoever.

Garrett Stutz, Toure Murry, Fred VanVleet, Jordan Loney, Graham Hatch.....many others, but those 5 were special people.
                        I'd pick that team to win the MVC every time. Yes, even with Jordan Loney :)

Comment

I've not met many Shocker personalities, and those I have were brief encounters (all positive). But I did have the opportunity to chat with Terrell Benton on a couple of occasions when he was with the alumni association. He was a class act.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                            I'd pick that team to win the MVC every time. Yes, even with Jordan Loney :)
                            You think she would hurt their chances??!!

Comment

Darin Price, Aussie tennis player. Met him in class and had a blast hanging out. His charm and accent was irresistible to the ladies.

Comment

Dr. Fred Benson, through sheer osmosis, he penetrated my brain with his knowledge. RIP

Comment

Working...
                                X