Fred is a Raptor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Good News View Post
    As far as Fred, I've been thinking and saying he's a perfect fit for the Spurs for 3 years. Last year I thought he was better than Patty Mills straight up and someone on here strongly disagreed.

But he is.

Although I will admit to a little bias for wanting a reason to have Fred down here.
    Barring a substantially different criteria for being "better", your still dead wrong about Patty Mills.

Just off the dome, Mills is a better shooter of the dribble, Mills is quicker, better shooter, better finisher against taller players. I am taking patty all day every day over Fred. And that hurts because Fred is my favorite player. Any favorable comparison for Fred compared to Mills might include overall handling, PNR, passing. Even those comparisons are biased from a Fred fan.

Comment

• Just saw ESPN post that Kyle Lowry is opting out of contract and will test free agency this summer.. this can probably give fvv more time to shine with the raptors

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1388 View Post
        Just saw ESPN post that Kyle Lowry is opting out of contract and will test free agency this summer.. this can probably give fvv more time to shine with the raptors
        Lowry is probably 95% at very worst to return to Toronto imo. Only they can offer him a true max contract, and you don't see many players that can get an extra year and that much extra money turn them down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
          Lowry is probably 95% at very worst to return to Toronto imo. Only they can offer him a true max contract, and you don't see many players that can get an extra year and that much extra money turn them down.
          That's exactly what Durant did, and Durant left a team that was probably going to be better than the Raptors. Lowry has made it incredibly clear he wants a ring.

I think there's a decent chance he returns, but no way it's 95%.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
            That's exactly what Durant did, and Durant left a team that was probably going to be better than the Raptors. Lowry has made it incredibly clear he wants a ring.

I think there's a decent chance he returns, but no way it's 95%.
            I don't think he'll return unless they make Toronto a super team that can compete with the cavs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1388 View Post
              I don't think he'll return unless they make Toronto a super team that can compete with the cavs.
              He's not going to have many other options unless he plans on taking a massive pay cut to join a better team. The Spurs would be about the only possible option but he wouldn't get paid anything close to what he'd be getting signing a max w/ Toronto.

Comment

• I'm just scared of Fred becoming a life-long backup PG at the next level.
                Why walk somebody in baseball when you can hit them?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxcity View Post
                  I'm just scared of Fred becoming a life-long backup PG at the next level.
                  Yes, that would be horrible thing making millions of dollars playing as a backup point guard in the NBA. Just a turble thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    Yes, that would be horrible thing making millions of dollars playing as a backup point guard in the NBA. Just a turble thing.
                    I think he has the ability to be a starting point guard in a good system like the Spurs (Patty Mills) or Utah Jazz (George Hill).

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxcity View Post
                      I think he has the ability to be a starting point guard in a good system like the Spurs (Patty Mills) or Utah Jazz (George Hill).
                      Yep, finding the right fit is often as important as your talent level. But Fred will flourish in whatever situation he finds himself in. I have total confidence in Fred. No reason to be scared of anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        Yep, finding the right fit is often as important as your talent level. But Fred will flourish in whatever situation he finds himself in. I have total confidence in Fred. No reason to be scared of anything.
                        Agreed. Plus Kyle Lowry is most likely gone so that helps.

Comment

• Taking Jrue Holidays place in New Orleans.

Comment

• Knicks. Joining Ron again!
                            The Assman

Comment

• I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                                X