Fred is a Raptor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shock View Post
    Fred is in a great system where he can sit and learn. They know what they have. More than likely they sent him to 905 to stretch his legs and help keep him in game shape. They aren't a mess of a franchise with egotistical, me first players. It's probably the best place for him.
    You may be right. I don't disagree about keeping him in game-shape, etc. I didn't intend to sound like I don't approve of the way he's being handled or as if they were a mess of a franchise. Just meant that there have been guys that spent a lot of time in the D-League and were kind of "forgotten" about. Of course, most of those guys didn't have NBA $ contracts.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
      They (Toronto) aren't a mess of a franchise with egotistical, me first players.
      You mean, like New York?

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
        I am thrilled he at least gets to draw a half mill salary in the meantime though. Getting the guaranteed contract was so huge for him.
        Agreed. That isn't Donald Trump money, but spent/invested wisely, it pretty much gives Fred a solid financial foundation for the rest of his life, regardless of what his NBA future may hold.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
          You mean, like New York?
          Beat me to it!:)

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
            You mean, like New York?
            That's exactly what I meant. You can think of Toronto like Green Bay or the Patriots, where a backup is in constant training to be a #1 (Aaron Rogers to Brett Farve, Garripolo, Cassel, et al to Brady, Brady himself to what's his nuts). Eventually, Fred will be showcased. I'm thinking next year they move on from their #2 and move Fred up. Eventually he will be showcased and will get his own team to pilot.

Ron, on the other hand, has to play, has to force himself into a lineup. Hornicek is the only stable thing about that franchise. He is a good coach. He is making chicken salad, or something close to it. If Ron isn't out there actively making himself indispensable, whether that's being the consummate bench teammate and becoming a fan favorite, or forcing the team to settle down and run their offense and leading them on comebacks.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Double double for Fred last night with the 905...
              32 mins, 4-8 shooting, 2-2 FT, 5 rebounds, 11 assists, 4 steals, 2 turnovers, and 12 points.
              Two highlight videos this time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpN5eQ60ZR4 and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NEf4LPnbr4

It's fun to listen to the commentators for the 905. Everyone loves Fred. And they were rather confused about how Ellis can't finish a basket from point blank and all alone (he plays for the Swarm).

Comment

• Originally posted by boltforge View Post
                Double double for Fred last night with the 905...
                32 mins, 4-8 shooting, 2-2 FT, 5 rebounds, 11 assists, 4 steals, 2 turnovers, and 12 points.
                Two highlight videos this time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpN5eQ60ZR4 and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NEf4LPnbr4

It's fun to listen to the commentators for the 905. Everyone loves Fred. And they were rather confused about how Ellis can't finish a basket from point blank and all alone (he plays for the Swarm).
                It's also fun to watch how frustrated the opponents are after nearly every play.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                  Fred seems to be getting a lot of D-League assignments. I'm glad he's getting floor time to continue to get better and impress people. I just hope he doesn't "get lost" in the D-League. This was my concern when he went to Toronto with all their pg talent, and it still is.
                  Following the Knicks and Westchester vs Raptors and 905 I have no issues with Fred and the Raptors. They are making him better each day and he is getting better each day. They have the right plan for their current 11 to 15 spot players.

The Raptors are growing him into a significant minutes NBA point guard. Either for them or for one of the MANY teams that need a good point guard in the NBA. For example: if the point guard situation for the Knicks fully melts down (freeing up $10 million), then how smart would a quick trade for Fred be?

They have him as a $500K pickup. He will either be a great player for them or worth several million for them in a trade.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    It's also fun to watch how frustrated the opponents are after nearly every play.

Fred drawing 4 guys in on a drive to kick it out for a 3 ... https://youtu.be/571NIxP1qxI?t=48s

Comment

Fred drawing 4 guys in on a drive to kick it out for a 3 ... https://youtu.be/571NIxP1qxI?t=48s
                      Premeditated. Beautiful point play!

Comment

• Fred is with the Raptors tonight for the Nets and tomorrow vs the Knicks. Hoping for Fred to get in tonight vs the Nets. And hoping Fred and Ron can at least hangout and post a picture for Shocker fans.

Comment

• Fred's in up 22 with 3 and a half minutes left in the game.

Comment

• Fred had 2-4 shooting for 5 points.

Comment

Fred had 2-4 shooting for 5 points.
                              Niccccee!!!
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Fred had 2-4 shooting for 5 points.
                                So he would have scored 57 points had he played all 40 minutes? :)
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X