Fred is a Raptor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockers5150 View Post
    Fred got 23 mins today. 4 pts, 2 boards, 4 assists, 3 steals. 2-5 from the field
    And that was with the NBA version of the Raptors. Not the DLeague version. Solid performance with Cory Joseph out with the flu.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
      And that was with the NBA version of the Raptors. Not the DLeague version. Solid performance with Cory Joseph out with the flu.
      Looks like he had the third highest +/- on the team too.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Good stuff...

“It’s just a tribute to our program from the top to the bottom, starting with the 905s and the experience he has down there,” Dwane Casey said. “This is a great testament to our program, the investment we made in the 905s and then Fred being ready to step in. Fred came in and there was no let-up. I told somebody that Cory better hurry up and get well because foot steps are behind him. We miss Cory but Fred did a good job.”
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Just Fred being Fred. Winner
          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Fred played 31 minutes in a D-League game yesterday (13 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists - unfortunately he also had the worst plus/minus on the team) and then he played two minutes in the Raptors game last night.

I did see a funny comment on Reddit. Someone mentioned that they were surprised Bruno Caboclo played in both the D-League game and the NBA game. Someone pointed out that Fred did too, and someone else replied "yeah, but Fred is serious"

Comment

• SAN ANTONIO — Tell a professional athlete he or she can’t do something and chances are within a short period of time they are back in your face showing you…
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• You're move Fred ;)
                The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                  You're move Fred ;)
                  Any news?
                  Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Fred is reportedly receiving guaranteed contract according to the same house who told us Ron Would. Only question is that Will Kunkel put it out, so it may not be firm yeti
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• That info is also on a Raptors site. Congrats to Fred!
                      In the fast lane

Comment

• Just to keep an eye on Fred. He was assigned to the 905 for a road trip:

Jan 7th in Chicago: "Fred V Late FT Lifts 905 To Victory" ( http://raptors905.dleague.nba.com/ne...s-905-victory/ ).
                        36 mins, 8-19 shooting, 6-7 FT, 5 rebounds, 7 assists, 1 steal, 1 turnover, 23 points
                        Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XjEn9NOCjc

Jan 6th in Fort Wayne: "Road Cooking" ( http://raptors905.dleague.nba.com/news/road-cooking/ )
                        35 mins, 5-13 shooting, 8-11 FT, 4 rebounds, 6 assists, 1 steal, 2 turnovers, 20 points
                        Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1rBPDWp570

Comment

• If you want to watch Fred he's playing with the 905 tonight vs Greenboro ...

Comment

• Fred seems to be getting a lot of D-League assignments. I'm glad he's getting floor time to continue to get better and impress people. I just hope he doesn't "get lost" in the D-League. This was my concern when he went to Toronto with all their pg talent, and it still is.
                            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                              Fred seems to be getting a lot of D-League assignments. I'm glad he's getting floor time to continue to get better and impress people. I just hope he doesn't "get lost" in the D-League. This was my concern when he went to Toronto with all their pg talent, and it still is.
                              You're right that Toronto is stacked - you hate to "hope" for injuries, but I look forward to FVV getting some additional minutes once the inevitable ankle/knee/whatever issues bite one of the other point guards at some point.

I am thrilled he at least gets to draw a half mill salary in the meantime though. Getting the guaranteed contract was so huge for him.

Comment

• Fred is in a great system where he can sit and learn. They know what they have. More than likely they sent him to 905 to stretch his legs and help keep him in game shape. They aren't a mess of a franchise with egotistical, me first players. It's probably the best place for him.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X