2016-17 Media Hate Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    How about using a single term to identify Gottlieb and Palm. I suggest the term "Palm-Lube"
    Or, a type of sports casting called FacePalm-Lube.

Comment

"Jerry Palm reacts to Wichita State's Gregg Marshall's criticism: 'Odd way to celebrate a title'" - Alabama Media Group

By Mark Heim
      March 07, 2017 at 1:31 PM

"Wichita State coach Gregg Marshall had some strong words for CBS Bracketologist Jerry Palm after the Shockers won the Missouri Valley Championship on Sunday.

Palm indicated prior to Wichita State's win over Illinois that anything short of the conference title would keep the Shockers out of the NCAA Tournament.

Marshall took exception, even after the win.

"I don't know if it matters how many games we win," Marshall told Will Kunkel of KWCH. "We still have guys like Jerry Palm saying we're not going to be in the tournament if we lose today. The only thing I'm disappointed about it I don't get the opportunity to get an at-large, so I can stick it to him.

"He doubled down that we wouldn't be in. One hundred and forty-three brackets and he and one other guy saying we wouldn't have been in if we lost. I read something also they evaluated the best bracketologist and they had him 61st out of 88...."

Comment

Palm makes it sound as if this was something HCGM had to get off his chest by volunteering the comment rather HCGM responding to a question about Palm being a dumbass (my choice word). It just goes to show that in Palm's mind, it is as much about himself as the team he is suppose to analyze.
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I heard Jerry Palm was ranked 61 out of 88 Dungeons and Dragons Dungeon Masters.
          Livin the dream

Comment

boblutz‏
            Verified account
            *@bob:lutz 16h
            16 hours ago

More
            .@GottliebShow just said nobody likes Gregg Marshall. And if there's an expert on not being liked . . .

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              boblutz‏
              Verified account
              *@bob:lutz 16h
              16 hours ago

More
              .@GottliebShow just said nobody likes Gregg Marshall. And if there's an expert on not being liked . . .
              This is patently false, we love Gregg Marshall and I certainly believe that we are more than "nobody".
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

More
                Maybe we should hope that this time Gottlieb's actually right, and that Marshall continues along that path. We like him just fine here -- although that touches on DU's point that we certainly aren't nobody -- and after this impressive season and the Shocks' big run that he leads next year, we'd prefer that prospective suitors look for other candidates who are more "likable."

Comment

The reason that people hate Marshall is the reason we love him.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

boblutz‏
                    Verified account
                    *@boblutz 16h
                    16 hours ago
                    More
                    I know Chicken fans can't stand GGG.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                      The reason that people hate Marshall is the reason we love him.
                      Exactly. He is the perfect coach for Wichita State in so many ways. And I love it.
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                        "Jerry Palm reacts to Wichita State's Gregg Marshall's criticism: 'Odd way to celebrate a title'" - Alabama Media Group

By Mark Heim
                        March 07, 2017 at 1:31 PM

"Wichita State coach Gregg Marshall had some strong words for CBS Bracketologist Jerry Palm after the Shockers won the Missouri Valley Championship on Sunday.

Palm indicated prior to Wichita State's win over Illinois that anything short of the conference title would keep the Shockers out of the NCAA Tournament.

Marshall took exception, even after the win.

"I don't know if it matters how many games we win," Marshall told Will Kunkel of KWCH. "We still have guys like Jerry Palm saying we're not going to be in the tournament if we lose today. The only thing I'm disappointed about it I don't get the opportunity to get an at-large, so I can stick it to him.

"He doubled down that we wouldn't be in. One hundred and forty-three brackets and he and one other guy saying we wouldn't have been in if we lost. I read something also they evaluated the best bracketologist and they had him 61st out of 88...."
                        First comment on that article from Gray Grantham #Winning

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                          The reason that some mostly jealous people hate Marshall is the reason we love him.
                          FIFY

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                            Exactly. He is the perfect coach for Wichita State in so many ways. And I love it.
                            Impossible to "like" this enough. A perfect comment. I have no response.

Comment

• "That's an odd way to celebrate a title"

To that I would say,

1. When you have done nothing but win titles, it's okay to admit that each individual one is not so satisfying that you can't stop for 1 minute and talk about something else that is very relevant, given the circumstances.
                              2. It makes complete sense to celebrate a title and make mention of the autobid being nice as well because it does eliminate the discussion of whether or not you are going to the NCAA tournament. It is literally part of the celebration process if you were on the bubble.

For Jerry Palm to lead with "that's an odd way to celebrate a title" is really just meant to be condescending, but it doesn't work...

Comment

• Jim Rome sure seems to hate Marshall too... ;)
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X