2016-17 Media Hate Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
    Jim Rome sure seems to hate Marshall too... ;)
    ... and Mike Francesa.

Comment

• Jerry Palm condescending remark

Gregg Marshall I'm sure enjoyed poking Jerry Palm and he should have blasted him more. It's obvious Palm knows little about the fine details of basketball because anyone that has watched the Shockers would know they have become one of the top teams in the country again. Early in the season these Shockers didn't play like a sharing unit but now they should be a 4 or 5 seed. Unfortunately people like Palm influence the NCAA committee into bad seeds for WSU which really hurts the team they play. ie. Kansas, Gonzaga. Ohio State and Arizona. Who will be the next team unfortunate enough to play this Shocker team?

Comment

• Originally posted by kitkaliharie View Post
        Gregg Marshall I'm sure enjoyed poking Jerry Palm and he should have blasted him more. It's obvious Palm knows little about the fine details of basketball because anyone that has watched the Shockers would know they have become one of the top teams in the country again. Early in the season these Shockers didn't play like a sharing unit but now they should be a 4 or 5 seed. Unfortunately people like Palm influence the NCAA committee into bad seeds for WSU which really hurts the team they play. ie. Kansas, Gonzaga. Ohio State and Arizona. Who will be the next team unfortunate enough to play this Shocker team?
        Can't forget the Hoosiers.

Comment

• Not necessarily that's is bad, but the ESPN2 ticker showing the autobids for the Dance listed each conference champion and showed either the number of times to the Dance or the last time at the Dance, or both. For theShockers, it simply said 15-game winning streak.
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
            ... and Mike Francesa.
            ...and JWill, at least now
            For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
            - said no one ever...

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
              Not necessarily that's is bad, but the ESPN2 ticker showing the autobids for the Dance listed each conference champion and showed either the number of times to the Dance or the last time at the Dance, or both. For theShockers, it simply said 15-game winning streak.
              Interesting....
              Either they are helping by showing the 15 game winning streak as a positive for possible higher seed selection this Sunday.

Or...Informing the viewing public that Wichita St. is back in AGAIN this year even without RB and FVV

Or...don't be surprised (national audience) that the Shockers will be a 5, 6 or 7 seed.

Or...to the contrary and a bit of a negative spin...trying to make people forget and NOT realize that this will be Wichita St.'s 6th straight appearance in March.

Or....whatever???

I have no idea...but good catch...and yeah...it is a little "peculiar" worth noting.
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by seskridge
                I would like to know how many of the teams that get in have gotten in for the past 6 yrs straight. I'd assume there aren't many teams that have done the same thing.
                Somewhere on this message board is the list and we're fourth or fifth or so. KU, is first with 27
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  boblutz‏
                  Verified account
                  *@boblutz 16h
                  16 hours ago

More
                  .@GottliebShow just said nobody likes Gregg Marshall. And if there's an expert on not being liked . . .
                  Projecting your self-worth on to others. Sad.

Comment

• The Bracket Project - FINAL GRADES

CBS Sports - Jerry Palm

2017 Grade – 129th out of 174
                    2016 Grade – 55th out of 135
                    2015 Grade – 59th out of 111
                    2014 Grade – 74th out of 91
                    2014 Grade – 49th out of 76

Of those who have been doing this longer then 10+ years.
                    Palm was 14th out of 16 over the last 5 years

Comment

• I dont know where else to put this but if there is anyone remotely close enough to the program it would be nice if they could potentially get someone in dwills ear and tell him how its poor taste to throw up gang signs in team photos.

Anyone familiar with gang culture can clearly see he is throwing up the gangster desciple hand gesture, Fred even took time to post on the comment how much in poor taste it was. Stuff like this can lead to bad press and ots just not a good look in general.
                      Attached Files
                      Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

• It's hard to tell because the pic is so small but it looks like quite a few "signs" are being waved around. They look like "W"s to me.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxrox89 View Post
                          I dont know where else to put this but if there is anyone remotely close enough to the program it would be nice if they could potentially get someone in dwills ear and tell him how its poor taste to throw up gang signs in team photos.

Anyone familiar with gang culture can clearly see he is throwing up the gangster desciple hand gesture, Fred even took time to post on the comment how much in poor taste it was. Stuff like this can lead to bad press and ots just not a good look in general.
                          That looks to me like he's holding a device.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• I guess I never know, but would be surprised if any of these kids were in a gang...
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• https://www.instagram.com/p/BRvkAneFiMu/ heres a link hopefully it'll give you a better view. In the comments you can even see where fred posted 'dwill trilping' I mean its really not a big deal its just poor taste to me. Your average everyday person would not be able to recognize it and it may look like just one of those signs players throw up in pics. But anyone familiar with gang culture will distinctively notice the diffrence between the w sign and the pitch forks he is throwing up
                              Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

• Probably posted somewhere else by now but:

@KWCHWill
                                Text from a friend: "Can't believe these clowns complained about their seed."

#Watchus #marchmadness*
                                @KWCHWill
                                @thunderkwb: It's a long game but when you talk smack you gotta back it up - that's all.

Comment

Working...
                                X