2016-17 Media Hate Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by choida View Post
    The problem is Gregg never found a guy to replace Fred and Landry when they were both out... If we had anther great pg on the bench then even this year would have been different
    FIFY
    Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Backup point guard

Connor Frankamp was the backup point guard last year & the Shox wouldn't have gone as far as they did without him. Go to the Mo valley Coaches thread here & watch the interview with Greg Heiar. He talks about WSU's point guard situation. Connor will start & Landry Shamet will be the backup is the way I understood what he said. The coaching staff wants more out of Connor & are pushing him to get there. I can only guess that Daishon Smith will eventually get more playing time as the season progresses & Heiar did talk about him in a positive manner.

Comment

Originally posted by xazshox View Post
        Connor Frankamp was the backup point guard last year & the Shox wouldn't have gone as far as they did without him. Go to the Mo valley Coaches thread here & watch the interview with Greg Heiar. He talks about WSU's point guard situation. Connor will start & Landry Shamet will be the backup is the way I understood what he said. The coaching staff wants more out of Connor & are pushing him to get there. I can only guess that Daishon Smith will eventually get more playing time as the season progresses & Heiar did talk about him in a positive manner.
        Connor was not the backup point guard. That was Ron. Connor very rarely ran the team last season, even in mop up minutes.
        You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
          Connor was not the backup point guard. That was Ron. Connor very rarely ran the team last season, even in mop up minutes.
          This is a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
            I'll take it one step further. Connor wasn't even on the team last year.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
              I'll take it one step further. Connor wasn't even on the team last year.
              i see what you did there...spelling nazi
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

more on CF

Pie n Eye - What you had to say doesn't add anything constructive to this discussion. As for Im4WSU, I don't get the Nazi part either.

In the last 2 games of the season, I forget whether or not Connor Frankamp played only the shooting guard spot or if he filled in at the point guard spot at all. I tend to think that he did play a little point guard then. The stats showed that he played 16 min's in the Vanderbilt game & scored 8 pts on 2 of 5 shooting. In the AZ game, he played 14 min's and scored 10 pts on 3 of 5 shooting plus he had 2 blocked shots. I don't consider that as "mop up minutes".

The other thing is that Assistant Coach Greg Heiar says that Connor is going to start the season as the starting point guard at WSU next fall.

Comment

Gregg Marshall is a shrewd customer. He knew Fred and Ron were our tickets to national acclaim. The team for the past two years was Fred and Ron's team. Ron was our second best point guard but he ran the point for the past two years at least in part because it was best for his career after the Shocks. We may well have seen CF play more point, had he been available when Fred got hurt early. CF did play some point in December for a few games but he did not take charge of the team. He obviously gave way to Fred and Ron and to be honest, Ron expected to play some point when he decided to come back.

This is a new year and early reports are that Smith isn't ready at this time. This is going to be Landry and Conner's team early on. We will see who takes the reigns in Canada. Maybe both. There could be some difficult lessons early.

Comment

Originally posted by xazshox View Post
                    Pie n Eye - What you had to say doesn't add anything constructive to this discussion. As for Im4WSU, I don't get the Nazi part either.

In the last 2 games of the season, I forget whether or not Connor Frankamp played only the shooting guard spot or if he filled in at the point guard spot at all. I tend to think that he did play a little point guard then. The stats showed that he played 16 min's in the Vanderbilt game & scored 8 pts on 2 of 5 shooting. In the AZ game, he played 14 min's and scored 10 pts on 3 of 5 shooting plus he had 2 blocked shots. I don't consider that as "mop up minutes".

The other thing is that Assistant Coach Greg Heiar says that Connor is going to start the season as the starting point guard at WSU next fall.
                    Mr. Frankamp spells his name Conner, not Connor.
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I didn't pick up anything Heiar said that would indicate whether Shamet or Frankamp was the leading candidate at PG. I thought what he said was that the two of them were the ones working best at the position

I recall "starting to take some chances", "starting to see the court better"...

Those aren't glowing endorsements or an indication that the starting PG spot is Conner's to lose.

I haven't seen anything in Conner's game that indicates he thinks or plays like a PG.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        I didn't pick up anything Heiar said that would indicate whether Shamet or Frankamp was the leading candidate at PG. I thought what he said was that the two of them were the ones working best at the position

Those aren't glowing endorsements or an indication that the starting PG spot is Conner's to lose.

I haven't seen anything in Conner's game that indicates he thinks or plays like a PG.
                        The debate rages on. I'm sure that no decisions have been made, but I will be very surprised if Conner and Landry aren't starting in the backcourt.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                          Mr. Frankamp spells his name Conner, not Connor.
                          His shooting will cause 3rd degree burns and require a trip to the ER.
                          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Conner showed off some ridiculous handles and passing in various games throughout the year last year. Normally it was late in blowout games when both Fred and Ron were off the court. I'm not sure if that showed up because the other team gave up or what, but he is capable of being a Star PG. Just needs to figure out how to truly run a team like 3G requires.

Comment

"The Wichita State Shockers’ hopes hinge on Conner Frankamp" - SB*Nation

By Austin Brown @AustinOBrown Aug 30, 2016, 7:23am

"Conner Frankamp’s college basketball career has been underwhelming to say the least.

After becoming the Wichita City League’s all-time leading scorer during his days at Wichita North High School, Frankamp spent his freshman year at Kansas buried at the end of the bench. Just before he was about to start his sophomore season with the Jayhawks, the former four-star recruit decided to transfer to Wichita State with hopes of reinvigorating his once-promising career...."

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                                "The Wichita State Shockers’ hopes hinge on Conner Frankamp" - SB*Nation

By Austin Brown @AustinOBrown Aug 30, 2016, 7:23am

"Conner Frankamp’s college basketball career has been underwhelming to say the least.

After becoming the Wichita City League’s all-time leading scorer during his days at Wichita North High School, Frankamp spent his freshman year at Kansas buried at the end of the bench. Just before he was about to start his sophomore season with the Jayhawks, the former four-star recruit decided to transfer to Wichita State with hopes of reinvigorating his once-promising career...."
                                Man that article was awful. We have two top-150 players in their second year in the program, probably the best Center in the Valley in Morris, a seasoned veteran/lockdown defender in Brown, and two highly-rated Juco transfers in Willis and Smith, but yeah, whatever guy, our success hinges on Frankamp.
                                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X