Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ron Baker was a Knick, and now is a Wizard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn, I am inspired to lace them up after reading that. Let's do this!!!!
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Damn, if that doesn't make you proud to be from Kansas.
      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• I was well into the article and thinking it was done by a very good journalist, when it seemed to be written in first person. Then I scrolled back up and saw it was written by Baker.

That's an outstanding piece of writing. Good story-telling woven into good writing to make a few salient points.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• What's funny is, the play he says "you may not remember", is one of my most memorable plays in Marshall era, if not all of Shocker history!
          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
            What's funny is, the play he says "you may not remember", is one of my most memorable plays in Marshall era, if not all of Shocker history!
            Yep! Other than Wessel's 3-pt barrage, Brown's hustle dunk is the one play which defines that win.

Comment

• What a terrific young man. His parents did an outstanding job.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                What's funny is, the play he says "you may not remember", is one of my most memorable plays in Marshall era, if not all of Shocker history!
                I thought exactly the same thing. Ron must not understand fan thinkdom. That play will go down with others like Matt Brauer's 3 pointer to beat Creighton, the throw by Jim Audley in the CWS, Tekele's posterizing of Illinois State, etc.

Comment

• I think Ron's own barrage of 3's and FVV's fumbling 3 with 2 seconds left on the shot clock against Gonzaga stick out in a lot of people's minds as well.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    I think Ron's own barrage of 3's and FVV's fumbling 3 with 2 seconds left on the shot clock against Gonzaga stick out in a lot of people's minds as well.
                    Yes, they do although Ron's barrage of 3's was not a single play. Fred's 3 certainly was a memorable and defining play.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      Yes, they do although Ron's barrage of 3's was not a single play. Fred's 3 certainly was a memorable and defining play.
                      As was his runner that bounced on the rim several times and went I. With a minute left against THE OSU.

Tekele's 3 in that game too.
                      The Assman

Comment

• Well, we can't lose now...
                        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                        -John Wooden

Comment

• That young man gets it!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            I think Ron's own barrage of 3's and FVV's fumbling 3 with 2 seconds left on the shot clock against Gonzaga stick out in a lot of people's minds as well.
                            Colt .45s!
                            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                            -John Wooden

Comment

• Stud.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                I thought exactly the same thing. Ron must not understand fan thinkdom. That play will go down with others like Matt Brauer's 3 pointer to beat Creighton, the throw by Jim Audley in the CWS, Tekele's posterizing of Illinois State, etc.
                                Pretty sure someone's sarcasm meter is on the fits.

Comment

Working...
                                X