Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ron Baker was a Knick, and now is a Wizard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sorry for the derailment, really I am, but what do you want me to do? Aargh's post was screaming for that reply.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Nahhhhhh, he's not bothering anyone, let him stay here.

Comment

• I bet Baker could drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes.

We're no totally off topic.

Speaking of Walton, I'm surprised his name didn't come up when the picture of the really big blunt was posted. That guy just has to live in a state where pot is legal.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Good Night for Ron

Played 20 minutes and shot it perfectly.

BENCH MIN FG 3PT FT OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF +/- PTS
          R. Baker 20 2-2 2-2 3-3 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 2 +13 9

Game Summary

Lets see if the Knicks keep giving him minutes.

Comment

• Baker had a very quiet perfect game tonight on offense, shooting a perfect 2-2 from 3 and 3-3 from the line for nine points along with a team-leading +13 plus-minus in 20 minutes. Obviously not missing a shot is a good sign, but he was mostly content to let the ball stick in the hands of the other bench players, particularly Chasson Randle, Muarice Ndour and Mindaugas Kuzminskas, who chipped in for 14, 12, and 12 points respectively. Ron took two shots, they each took 9-10 to give an idea. Ron didn't fill up the other stats, getting 1 steal and no other stats, and unfortunately had a bad night on defense. His man drove by him uncontested several times.

Overall he didn't hurt his chances, but the Knick's are a crappy organization that put nearly zero thought or effort into developing their bench. They are a "get stars and hope they work" team that will always have crappy depth and a lack of consistency, which is why they have had a bad team for so long with such a great market and limitless cash. In contrast, the Raptors have a clear plan even down to their D-League squad. Fred's chances of making the Raptors are pretty good at this point, but Ron's lack of flash and lack of assertiveness isn't a great sign at this point. Of course we see very little of the practices and workouts that really shape coach's opinions so Ron could be killing it there.

If I had to guess, I'd say both Fred and Ron will make the cut but Ron is probably less likely. The Raptors have an opening for a 3rd point that Fred will take at least till Delon Wright comes back, and the Knicks seem most likely to keep Chasson Randle and Ron out of their camp invites as they carried their Summer League and have been at least as good as the other guys in preseason.

Comment

• Knicks are playing the Wizards on the NBA Channel. It's halftime. Ron did not play the first half.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Ron coming in with 4+ to go in 3rd.

Comment

• Hits his first shot for 3.

Comment

• Baker getting whacked in the head just like in college!

Comment

• Then comes right back down for the "and one"!

Comment

• Takes a shot to the face (surprise) comes back with an and 1.

Comment

• 16M,2-7 FG, 1-2 3PG, 3-3 FT, 3ORB, 1DRB, 2AST, 1TO, 1PF, +4

Comment

• Comment

• Thanks for these....

A few highlights on Youtube as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTvQmAwqMVE

Comment

• Originally posted by WholeWheat View Post
                                Thanks for these....

A few highlights on Youtube as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTvQmAwqMVE
                                Is that former jayhawker Oubre on the and-1 watching the action?!? I just had a deja vu moment...

Comment

Working...
                                X