No announcement yet.

How to Duplicate WSU's Success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not necessarily about acting like WSU though. It's about not acting like Alcorn State.

Comment

The sad thing is that WSU's floor of support during the worst of times is probably higher than many Valley schools max during theielr best of times.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        Don't you have better things to do? Like making fun of sexual assaults, you hypocritical POS?
        So worried about me. And I never made fun of a sexual assault. Simply laughing at the choices being made by student athletes in a Pitino lead program. I hope, if the sexual assault happened, that he is punished to the full extent of the law and that the victim can recover and grow past this.

Comment

Originally posted by isubirds89 View Post
          So worried about me. And I never made fun of a sexual assault. Simply laughing at the choices being made by student athletes in a Pitino lead program. I hope, if the sexual assault happened, that he is punished to the full extent of the law and that the victim can recover and grow past this.
          Your first sentence only solidifies my "you're a hypocritical POS" point.

Yep, spin away. Your fellow fans ate you for lunch.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Schools that can: UNI, ISU, SIU, MSU, Bradley(?).
            Schools that will: To the level of Wichita achieving a final four? Probably none. However, no reason those schools can't get to the level of say a Dayton where a sweet 16 isn't unheard of.
            Anybody see an outlier in his grouping of schools? Especially in regards to Sweet 16?

One school hasn't even seen the tournament since 1998 and has NEVER even made it to the Sweet 16. EVER. LOL. Keep thinking you're something that you aren't, Redturd fans. Freaking posers.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Anybody see an outlier in his grouping of schools? Especially in regards to Sweet 16?

One school hasn't even seen the tournament since 1998 and has NEVER even made it to the Sweet 16. EVER. LOL. Keep thinking you're something that you aren't, Redturd fans. Freaking posers.
              Interesting an 18 year drought. Much like yours from 88 to 06. Stop being ignorant.

Comment

Interesting an 18 year drought. Much like yours from 88 to 06. Stop being ignorant.
                Hey f**tard, who's now living on a Shocker board on a Friday night, are you suggesting that you're gonna win the league next year and actually make a program first, a Sweet 16?

Seriously, you've won 3 games in your ENTIRE program history. 2 one-point wins and a three-point win.

Know your place. Stop being so ignorant.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  Step 1: fire Lusk
                  Step 2: hire best small major coach you can find
                  Step 3: Pay said coach whatever it takes to stay if he's successful
                  Unfortunately for the Hillbillies, #1 won't happen until they raise the money. One would think they should be able to, but it apparently hasn't happened yet. For #2, I have two words: LeVelle Moton. For #3, it's probably the same challenge as #1, just projected a few years down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    So does anyone believe that Missouri State, or any other current Valley members, can or will duplicate the WSU success? If say 3 other Valley members achieved that would that be enough to shelve the realignment talk or would those programs also jump on the looking for a better conference situation train as well? Clearly this will not happen overnight.

Will WSU be able to sustain its success? I think so but it will require strong leadership. WSU certainly can not let its facilities fall behind like it did prior to the Roundhouse Rennaissance. I think we have that but Dr. Bardo is not a young man and who knows how long Gregg Marshall will want to coach. So good succession choices down the line will be critical.

Our most immediate need may be to determine who will head up the Athletic Department on a permanent basis. Maybe that will be Darren Boatright and maybe someone else. Either way WSU needs to get that right for the long term health of the program. Has anyone heard any scuttlebutt on that subject?
                    Back in the 1990s when our basketball program was lanquishing and we seem to have a revolving door of ADs, my dad suggested that WSU should make Gene Stephenson the AD. At the time, I said we needed him to be the baseball coach, my dad said he could handle both. He thought Gene had the drive, determination and vision to make all of the athletic programs at WSU successful.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                      Unfortunately for the Hillbillies, #1 won't happen until they raise the money. One would think they should be able to, but it apparently hasn't happened yet. For #2, I have two words: LeVelle Moton. For #3, it's probably the same challenge as #1, just projected a few years down the road.
                      #2- NO!! He's ours!! Someday...
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Hey f**tard, who's now living on a Shocker board on a Friday night, are you suggesting that you're gonna win the league next year and actually make a program first, a Sweet 16?

Seriously, you've won 3 games in your ENTIRE program history. 2 one-point wins and a three-point win.

Know your place. Stop being so ignorant.
                        Maybe he deserves your venom, but the only thing I've seen in this thread is you as the aggressor. Although I am not welcome to post on the Redbird board, I enjoy reading diverse opinions.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

I think we may have reached a milestone.

Other Valley schools having a goal other than ruining WSU's season...

Maybe?
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Other Valley schools--Evansville and Southern Illinois--need to quit loading their schedule with cupcakes to get 20-win seasons like Marty and Barry did last year. They need to focus on toughening up their OOC games rather than trying to secure their coaching job. What good does a 20-win season benefit you if no post season games are the result?

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                              Maybe he deserves your venom, but the only thing I've seen in this thread is you as the aggressor. Although I am not welcome to post on the Redbird board, I enjoy reading diverse opinions.
                              And that's because you haven't seen what he's posted at home base.

But thanks for your ignorant opinion as always.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
                                Other Valley schools--Evansville and Southern Illinois--need to quit loading their schedule with cupcakes to get 20-win seasons like Marty and Barry did last year. They need to focus on toughening up their OOC games rather than trying to secure their coaching job. What good does a 20-win season benefit you if no post season games are the result?
                                I'll give Barry a pass. He had a young team that had not experienced any success.

Now if his schedule is just as bad next year...
                                You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Working...
                                X