No announcement yet.

WSU basketball celebration April 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ron and Fred had a good run but it's time to turn the page and start suppporting the next crop of Shockers. Next year is the Shaq Show.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
      At the risk of being a bandwagon nut (with you), I think that your question made a lot of sense. I agree with those who think that people should have attended the Awards Night because they support the entire team/program and not because they support just Fred and Ron. I have a feeling (my feelings are often wrong) that silent majority agreed with you.
      And yet most of the reason people go is to see the seniors one last time. When four of the five are not there, it takes some of the luster away from the night. I think most people understand the importance of Fred and Ron and the "I support the WHOLE team" comment when someone doesn't want to shuffle around their schedule to make room on a weeknight when arguably the best guards in WSU history and one of the best tandems in CBB history won't be there is really, really elitist and dickheadist.

Oh, and I may only be 24 years old, but I've been going to shocker games for twenty and only missed one season where I didn't attend at least one game. If there is one thing about me you can't question, it's my fandom. I was raised loving a team in their darkest days when most people bought their kids crimson and blue shirts at Walmart I wore the few shocker shirts that could be found outside the bookstore to tatters. So anyone who wants to confront me with a holier than thou attitude can, and you can also eat a bag of dicks.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I guess the book by Dale Carnegie is out of print.

Comment

It was a "season celebration", not a "senior celebration" or a "Ron and Fred celebration." The point is to honor the entire team and staff. Even if 4 seniors weren't there, there were still 11 eleven guys who busted their tails for us the past 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
            And yet most of the reason people go is to see the seniors one last time. When four of the five are not there, it takes some of the luster away from the night. I think most people understand the importance of Fred and Ron and the "I support the WHOLE team" comment when someone doesn't want to shuffle around their schedule to make room on a weeknight when arguably the best guards in WSU history and one of the best tandems in CBB history won't be there is really, really elitist and dickheadist.

Oh, and I may only be 24 years old, but I've been going to shocker games for twenty and only missed one season where I didn't attend at least one game. If there is one thing about me you can't question, it's my fandom. I was raised loving a team in their darkest days when most people bought their kids crimson and blue shirts at Walmart I wore the few shocker shirts that could be found outside the bookstore to tatters. So anyone who wants to confront me with a holier than thou attitude can, and you can also eat a bag of dicks.
            At least you had guys like Maurice Evans and Jason Perez when you started going to games. Those guys were coming into the program after I graduated. I had to sit through the Cohen and Thompson eras as a student. Talk about the dark days, you had it good, especially as a student.

Comment

Lol no wonder Kai has banned you so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                At least you had guys like Maurice Evans and Jason Perez when you started going to games. Those guys were coming into the program after I graduated. I had to sit through the Cohen and Thompson eras as a student. Talk about the dark days, you had it good, especially as a student.
                I actually wasn't a student at WSU. I tried. I was a journalism and media major at Cowley but WSU would only take 10 of my credits. WSU was notoriously hard to transfer into for a Bachelor of Arts. As I had to pay my way entirely, I went to ESU because they had a flat tuition.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                  Lol no wonder Kai has banned you so much.
                  Thats not why he banned me.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                    It was a "season celebration", not a "senior celebration" or a "Ron and Fred celebration." The point is to honor the entire team and staff. Even if 4 seniors weren't there, there were still 11 eleven guys who busted their tails for us the past 6 months.
                    That's true. Back before I was an adult making adult decisions I probably would have gone. ****, back in the day I liked the walkons and redshirts the best. Cam Ledford was the MAN. I made Phils day his redshirt year because while people were lined up around CKA for Matty's autograph, I was the only one waiting for his. As a result I got to talk to him one on one for about 10 minutes. 15 year old me thought that was amazing. I went crazy when Bret Michael started. For a walkon to be given the chance to start for what ever reason was HUGE in my book. There was another walkon that earned a scholie that I really liked too. I was saddened when I found out what type of person he really was.

Alas, I am an adult now. I value my sleep and I take my job seriously. I go to bed around 8 and get up at 430. Something has to be beyond special to keep me up past 8. Fred and Ron being that special is a testament to them, not my standards. Their absence was enough for me to decide that my job and family was more important.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                      I guess the book by Dale Carnegie is out of print.
                      Damn. I had lost my copy a long time ago. I was hoping to be able to replace it someday so I could finally read it. I guess I'll have to stick with my unabridged copy of "How to be an Internet asshole, and be a dick" by ShockerNet, which includes a foreword by ShockerFever, a statistical rebuttal by JH4P, and a picture of boobs courtesy of WstateU.

Comment

Damn. I had lost my copy a long time ago. I was hoping to be able to replace it someday so I could finally read it. I guess I'll have to stick with my unabridged copy of "How to be an Internet asshole, and be a dick" by ShockerNet, which includes a foreword by ShockerFever, a statistical rebuttal by JH4P, and a picture of boobs courtesy of WstateU.
                        I've got the title! Douchpickles, Boobs, and the Digits Behind Them!
                        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Little known fact. There are more Shockernet posters over 21 than actual adult posters.
                          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                            Little known fact. There are more Shockernet posters over 21 than actual adult posters.
                            ISWYDT
                            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

I didn't go cuz Ron & Fred weren't there, just didn't seem right... The rest of the team deserves the recognition too, but anyone here that thinks Fred and Ron are in the same tier as the rest of the team, needs to lay off the pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
                                I didn't go cuz Ron & Fred weren't there, just didn't seem right... The rest of the team deserves the recognition too, but anyone here that thinks Fred and Ron are in the same tier as the rest of the team, needs to lay off the pipe.
                                Shouldn't you be worrying about which players are going to transfer out in 2018?

Comment

Working...
                                X