WSU basketball celebration April 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU basketball celebration April 14

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...e70192117.html Wish I could go :poster_wu:
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
    Agreed. Still waiting for the day they have something like this on a weekend.

Comment

Went the last couple of years, and it was really cool. Unfortunately, my daughter practices on Thursday nights this year, so no such luck. If anyone gets the chance to go, I would suggest doing so.
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Just as an FYI for people going to attend. I don't believe Fred and Ron will be there. They have already headed out to start preparing for the NBA Combine. I do believe they recorded a message to be played though. I really hope its available online for those of us that can't attend.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
          Just as an FYI for people going to attend. I don't believe Fred and Ron will be there. They have already headed out to start preparing for the NBA Combine. I do believe they recorded a message to be played though. I really hope its available online for those of us that can't attend.
          I'll just go ahead and say it... This celebration will not be the same with out those two players, and I for one will not go, but I couldn't word it without devaluing the rest of the team... Just how I feel, but none less those players deserve the recognition

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
            I'll just go ahead and say it... This celebration will not be the same with out those two players, and I for one will not go, but I couldn't word it without devaluing the rest of the team... Just how I feel, but none less those players deserve the recognition
            If I could go, I'd be there. Fred and Ron are special, but so is the rest of the team and they deserve the appreciation too.

Comment

I'd be there for sure if my daughter didn't have practice that night or if my wife was going to be in town.

Comment

FYI the KT Woodman Track meet for high schoolers will be going on at the same time along with regular class. My son runs the steeplechase around 6:45 so I'm hoping to make both.

Comment

Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
                  FYI the KT Woodman Track meet for high schoolers will be going on at the same time along with regular class. My son runs the steeplechase around 6:45 so I'm hoping to make both.
                  I always thought the steeplechase looked like a fun event. Good luck to your son!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                    I always thought the steeplechase looked like a fun event. Good luck to your son!
                    Thanks, first time he is running this event as most high school meets don't offer the steeplechase. He is a pretty good distance runner who is starting to get looks from NAIA and Juco's for cross country/track.

Comment

Thanks, first time he is running this event as most high school meets don't offer the steeplechase. He is a pretty good distance runner who is starting to get looks from NAIA and Juco's for cross country/track.
                      Awesome for your son, and best of luck!!!

Comment

I guess since neither Fred or Ron are 'student athletes' anymore, could not someone have footed them coming back midday for the night??? I CERTAINLY understand their pursuits, but wish that BOTH could be done.

Comment

I too wish FVV and RB could be here for the event, but can't fault these guys for putting everything they've got into chasing their dreams. I hope that people still show up for the event. I wish I could. I think it's a pretty douche thing to not go just because those two guys aren't going to be there. (That is NOT directed at you M J.)

Comment

The TEAM (and Marshall) needs to know that we, as fans, still support them even without Fred and Ron. I, for one, will be there regardless.

Comment

I can't go because of conflicts but I've gone the last few years. I hope that there is another good turn out.

Comment

Working...
                              X