No announcement yet.

McDuffie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow -- here's a shocker: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...nd-school-year

McDuffie's alma mater, a basketball legend, will be closing.

What's also startling was the note in the article that St. Anthony's had only 160 (!) students -- that's hard to imagine. In Kansas, that makes you what, 2A? Having attended the old Kapaun at Central and Woodlawn, I know the feeling, and it's a good bet the real estate in NJ is worth quite a bit more than where I used to walk the halls; but it's still weird to have gone to a school that isn't there any more. Hopefully Duff will carry the banner high this coming season.

Comment

• Article with an interview of McDuffie about St Anthonys

Comment

• Does our moving to the AAC get us out of consideration for midmajormadness and all the other mid major sites?
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          Does our moving to the AAC get us out of consideration for midmajormadness and all the other mid major sites?
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            http://www.midmajormadness.com/2017/...ing-bob-hurley

Article with an interview of McDuffie about St Anthonys
            Great article. Coach Hurley sounds like a great man. Not just a great coach, but a great man. Sounds like a movie that needs to be made.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Great article. Coach Hurley sounds like a great man. Not just a great coach, but a great man. Sounds like a movie that needs to be made.
              Maybe there's a new spot open on the staff, with this AAC move ;)
              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                Maybe there's a new spot open on the staff, with this AAC move ;)
                Probably end up on one of his son's staffs if he wanted to go college. Would be awesome though! ;)
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                  Probably end up on one of his son's staffs if he wanted to go college. Would be awesome though! ;)
                  The man is 69 years old and working for free. This man obviously loves what he has been doing with his life and the impact he has made on the lives of the young people he has brought under his tutelage.

He may just find another place where his particular gifts can be of continuing value to underprivileged kids.

Comment

• Looks like McDuffie will be testing the NBA draft waters. Paul alludes to this happening this morning saying he expects several guys to declare without an agent so that they can get evaluations. There really is no downside in this situation for the player.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                      Looks like McDuffie will be testing the NBA draft waters. Paul alludes to this happening this morning saying he expects several guys to declare without an agent so that they can get evaluations. There really is no downside in this situation for the player.
                      I agree. It's pretty much a "have-to" for serious contenders I suspect. Throw your hat into the lot to see where you stand at the moment. Really a can't lose situation for the player.
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Yes it does!!

Per MidMajorMadness there are too many "High Major" programs in the American to consider any teams in it a mid major. I saw it a few days ago.
                        Originally posted by DUShock View Post

Comment

Working...
                        X