No announcement yet.

2016-17 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado States University’s battle in the Mountain West-Missouri Valley Challenge against five-time NCAA participant Wichita State will be on Saturday, December 3 at 3:00 p.m. on CBS Sports Network.

Comment

• Thanks, Reaper.

Comment

• A few MVC games times are being posted:

Conference Games
        12/28/16 (Wed. at 6:00pm) at Indiana State, Terre Haute, Indiana Hulman Center
        01/01/17 (Sun.) vs. Bradley, Wichita, Kan., Charles Koch Arena
        01/04/17 (Wed.) vs. Drake, Wichita, Kan., Charles Koch Arena
        01/08/17 (Sun. at 3:00pm) at Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, Iowa, McLeod Center
        01/11/17 (Wed.) vs. Loyola. Wichita, Kansas,Charles Koch Arena
        01/14/17 (Sat. at 7:00pm) at Illinois State, Normal, Ill., Redbird Arena
        01/17/17 (Tue.) at Evansville, Evansville, Ind., Ford Center
        01/21/17 (Sat. at 2:00pm) vs. Indiana State, Wichita, Kan., Charles Koch Arena
        01/24/17 (Tue. at 6:00pm) vs. Southern Illinois, Wichita, Kan., Charles Koch Arena
        01/29/17 (Sun.) at Bradley, Peoria, Ill., Carver Arena
        02/01/17 (Wed.) at Drake, Des Moines, Iowa, Knapp Center
        02/04/17 (Sat. at 7:00pm) vs. Illinois State, Wichita, Kan., Charles Koch Arena
        02/09/17 (Thu. at 8:00pm) vs. Missouri State, Wichita, Kan., Charles Koch Arena
        02/12/17 (Sun.) at Loyola, Chicago, Ill., Gentile Arena
        02/15/17 (Wed. at 6:00pm) at Southern Illinois, Carbondale, Ill., SIU Arena
        02/18/17 (Sat. at 11:00am) vs. Northern Iowa, Wichita, Kan., Charles Koch Arena
        02/21/17 (Tue.) vs. Evansville, Wichita, Kan., Charles Koch Arena
        02/25/17 (Sat. at TBA) at Missouri State, Springfield, Mo., JQH Arena
        Last edited by WuShock Reaper; September 26, 2016, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
          A few MVC games times are being posted:

Conference Games
          12/28/16 (Wed. at 7:00pm) at Indiana State, Terre Haute, Indiana Hulman Center
          01/01/17 (Sun.) vs. Bradley, Wichita, Kan., Charles Koch Arena
          01/04/17 (Wed.) vs. Drake, Wichita, Kan., Charles Koch Arena
          01/08/17 (Sun. at 3:00pm) at Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, Iowa, McLeod Center
          01/11/17 (Wed.) vs. Loyola. Wichita, Kansas,Charles Koch Arena
          01/14/17 (Sat. at 7:00pm) at Illinois State, Normal, Ill., Redbird Arena
          01/17/17 (Tue.) at Evansville, Evansville, Ind., Ford Center
          01/21/17 (Sat. at 3:00pm) vs. Indiana State, Wichita, Kan., Charles Koch Arena
          01/24/17 (Tue. at 6:00pm) vs. Southern Illinois, Wichita, Kan., Charles Koch Arena
          01/29/17 (Sun.) at Bradley, Peoria, Ill., Carver Arena
          02/01/17 (Wed.) at Drake, Des Moines, Iowa, Knapp Center
          02/04/17 (Sat. at 7:00pm) vs. Illinois State, Wichita, Kan., Charles Koch Arena
          02/09/17 (Thu. at 8:00pm) vs. Missouri State, Wichita, Kan., Charles Koch Arena
          02/12/17 (Sun.) at Loyola, Chicago, Ill., Gentile Arena
          02/15/17 (Wed. at 6:00pm) at Southern Illinois, Carbondale, Ill., SIU Arena
          02/18/17 (Sat. at 11:00am) vs. Northern Iowa, Wichita, Kan., Charles Koch Arena
          02/21/17 (Tue.) vs. Evansville, Wichita, Kan., Charles Koch Arena
          02/25/17 (Sat. at TBA) at Missouri State, Springfield, Mo., JQH Arena
          Minor correction...I think the Indiana State times that you have listed are Eastern times. For us, Dec 28 would be a 6pm game and the Jan 21 game would be a 2pm game.
          78-65

Comment

• "MBB Schedule Includes 14 Possible ESPN Dates - GoShockers.com

Wednesday afternoon, the Missouri Valley Conference and its partners began a three-day rollout of the league's television schedule, unveiling a list of games that will air on the ESPN Family of Networks.

"Wednesday afternoon, the Missouri Valley Conference and its partners began a three-day rollout of the league's television schedule, unveiling a list of 41 games that will air on the ESPN Family of Networks.

Wichita State will make up to 14 appearances on either ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU and ESPN3 during the 2016-17 men's basketball season.

The CBS Sports Network selections and times will be announced Thursday, with Fox Sports Net/Comcast and institutional television packages, including Cox Channel Kansas games, to follow on Friday...."

Comment

"MBB Schedule Includes 14 Possible ESPN Dates - GoShockers.com

Wednesday afternoon, the Missouri Valley Conference and its partners began a three-day rollout of the league's television schedule, unveiling a list of games that will air on the ESPN Family of Networks.

"Wednesday afternoon, the Missouri Valley Conference and its partners began a three-day rollout of the league's television schedule, unveiling a list of 41 games that will air on the ESPN Family of Networks.

Wichita State will make up to 14 appearances on either ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU and ESPN3 during the 2016-17 men's basketball season.

The CBS Sports Network selections and times will be announced Thursday, with Fox Sports Net/Comcast and institutional television packages, including Cox Channel Kansas games, to follow on Friday...."
              I feel like there is more coverage on ESPN and ESPN2 than we have had in years past ... which is great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                I feel like there is more coverage on ESPN and ESPN2 than we have had in years past ... which is great.
                ESPN or ESPN2......6 (one might be CBS)
                ESPN/ESPN2/AXS...2
                ESPNU/ESPN3........3
                ESPN 3...................3
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• FYI MVC Conference Fact

Over the last ten (10) years, WSU has had the following occur:

we have started MVC play at home 30% of the time, but have started away 70% of the time;

we have ended MVC play at home 40% of the time, but have ended away 60% of the time; and

we have started/ended (both) MVC play at home 10% of the time, but we have started/ended (both) MVC play away 40% of the time.

Comment

FYI MVC Conference Fact

Over the last ten (10) years, WSU has had the following occur:

we have started MVC play at home 30% of the time, but have started away 70% of the time;

we have ended MVC play at home 40% of the time, but have ended away 60% of the time; and

we have started/ended (both) MVC play at home 10% of the time, but we have started/ended (both) MVC play away 40% of the time.
                    Meh. I never seem to be too concerned on where we start the conference season. I know that for awhile it seemed that we finished on the road quite often...and if not, we still drew inopportune draws for opposing senior night games. We had the last three conference finales at home, and with no scholarship seniors this year, it is probably fair to go on the road. The fact that it is Springpatch this year means that Shocker Nation could turn that into a weekend roadie quite easily. Other than the undefeated season, it seems like weekend appearances there have not happened very often. Off the top of my head, I think I counted only two such games in Gregg's tenure (not counting this upcoming season) that we played in Springfield on a weekend.
                    78-65

Comment

• "CBS Sports Network Picks Up Four WSU Games" - Goshockers.com

9/29/2016 10:00:00 AM

"...The Shockers make their first CBSSN appearance on Saturday, Dec. 3 when they travel to Colorado State for an MVC-Mountain West Challenge matchup. Tip is set for just after 4 p.m. CT (3 p.m. MT).

Three more conference matchups involving the Shockers are also earmarked for CBSSN, beginning with an 8 p.m. tilt at Evansville on Tuesday, Jan. 17. The CBS cameras come to Charles Koch Arena for home matchups against Southern Illinois (6 p.m.; Tuesday, Jan. 24) and Missouri State (8 p.m.; Thursday, Feb. 9)...."

2016-17 SHOCKER GAMES ON CBS SPORTS NETWORK
                      Saturday, Dec. 3 – at Colorado State (CBSSN), 4 p.m. CT
                      Tuesday, Jan. 17 – at Evansville (CBSSN), 8 p.m. CT
                      Tuesday, Jan. 24 – SOUTHERN ILLINOIS (CBSSN), 6 p.m. CT
                      Thursday, Feb. 9 – MISSOURI STATE (CBSSN), 8 p.m. CT

Other Possible Dates:
                      Saturday, Feb. 25 – at Missouri State (#CBSSN or ESPN/ESPN2), TBA
                      Saturday, Mar. 4 – MVC Tournament Semifinals (CBSSN), TBA

Comment

• all games have been set with time and television coverage announced.

The official 2024-25 Men's Basketball schedule for the Wichita State Shockers

Comment

• I guess Saturday night home games just aren't the thang anymore. Second year in a row we had 1 or less Saturday night home games (I'm not counting IBA).

Also interesting start time for the season opener against South Carolina State. 8:30? For a Cox game? I assume it's because of home volleyball?
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            Also interesting start time for the season opener against South Carolina State. 8:30? For a Cox game? I assume it's because of home volleyball?
                            Maybe they are just trying to get us ready for the 9PM tips we'll have as part of the MWC.

Comment

• This is kind of neat. He's doing a detailed schedule strength review. He hasn't completed WSUs yet but does have WSU listed as the #10 team in the country on a weighted 4 year basis for "team strength". That's cool to see.

Over the coming days, I'm going to analyze many non-league slates. But before we get to specifics, it's time to take a look at how I set up the data.

Comment

• "#38 VCU MEN'S BASKETBALL 2016-2017 PREVIEW" - College Sports Madness

Top 144 Previews

Potential opponent in Battle for Atlantis tournament.

Predicted to finish 3rd in Atlantic 10 Conference

college sports madness,Men's Basketball,Atlantic 10,VCU,Joel Welser

"Last season was supposed to be a transition year for VCU. Coach Will Wade was in his first season and the Rams lost some talented players and recruits. But Coach Wade put together a great season and VCU kept rolling along as one of the most consistent and talented programs outside of the major conferences. And that should continue for years to come. Guard JeQuan Lewis figures to emerge as the leader this year after averaging 11.3 points and 5.1 assists. Lewis is a very good outside shooter and will be asked to continue to take on a bigger scoring role, like he did late last season...."

Comment

Working...
                                X