UNI v. TAMU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNI v. TAMU

My wife called and she was all out of breath.

With 33 seconds to go, UNI was ahead of A&M by 12.

In the last 33 seconds, A&M outscored UNI by 14-2.

Now they are in the second OT.
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Talking about it in the NCAA thread. UNI played the dumbest you possibly could.

Comment

They turn an impressive win into an embarrassing loss.
      In the fast lane

Comment

at the end of regulation when Washpin had the ball and just took the inbound pass and didn't try and dribble and just sat there waiting to be fouled reminded me of when UNI killed WSU at-large chances during on of turgeon year when Randy Burns? took an in-bounds pass and waited to be fouled and he got called for 5 seconds (and there was a picture of UNI player reaching through his legs).

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
          at the end of regulation when Washpin had the ball and just took the inbound pass and didn't try and dribble and just sat there waiting to be fouled reminded me of when UNI killed WSU at-large chances during on of turgeon year when Randy Burns? took an in-bounds pass and waited to be fouled and he got called for 5 seconds (and there was a picture of UNI player reaching through his legs).
          I remember that Burns play

Comment

he could have raced up the sideline, game over

Comment

A&M 92
              UNI 88

--Niels Bohr

Comment

UNI should have thrown more deep balls. Even if they turned it over at least A&M would have had to come all the way back down the court, and UNI would have had a chance to play a little defense.
                Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

I wanna hug a UNI fan right now.

That was devastating.

Comment

I wonder what the record is for the biggest blown lead with under a minute to go is. If we didn't just see it, it's gotta be close.
                    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

That was Indiana State and it was called a jump ball which they had the arrow. But your point still stands.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                        I wonder what the record is for the biggest blown lead with under a minute to go is. If we didn't just see it, it's gotta be close.
                        12 lead with 33 seconds to go.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Throwing the ball in to a man in the corner is just asking for trouble, when the opponent is in an all man press.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Ouch UNI, just stunned. I understand now why GM likes to have an extra timeout or two in his back pocket. That was the epitome of never give up for A&M.

At some point you have to defend more aggressively.

Comment

Originally posted by I_Vector_Wu View Post
                              Ouch UNI, just stunned. I understand now why GM likes to have an extra timeout or two in his back pocket. That was the epitome of never give up for A&M.

At some point you have to defend more aggressively.
                              But when UNI breathed on them a foul was called.
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X