UNI v. TAMU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
    I wonder what the record is for the biggest blown lead with under a minute to go is. If we didn't just see it, it's gotta be close.
    Problem is we were the passenger in the car that did this, we will be dragged into this as a MVC member even though we didn't do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
      But when UNI breathed on them a foul was called.
      Disagree. There was one very questionable and-one given to a&m. The rest was just full-on choke-job.

Comment

Interesting contrast to the end of season feel for the Shocks and the Panthers.

The Shocks played poorly in their final game but Shocker fans at least felt proud of the valiant effort of their team making a game out of it especially considering the screw job by the NCAA/CBS cabal.

The Panthers played great for almost the entire game only to collapse in an unbelievable fashion in regulation and then have to grind through 2 overtimes before losing. I am trying to think how I would feel if I was a UNI fan. I am not sure I would be feeling anything. Probably just totally numb. Traumatized.

Comment

Ref chipped in with a terrible - and one - call when there was ABSOLUTELY no foul committed. UNI
          player was backing away from the scorer and the call was a gift that ended up being the difference in
          the game. Just feel terrible for UNI. Coach and WW have to take most of the blame - and a ref.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Interesting contrast to the end of season feel for the Shocks and the Panthers.

The Shocks played poorly in their final game but Shocker fans at least felt proud of the valiant effort of their team making a game out of it especially considering the screw job by the NCAA/CBS cabal.

The Panthers played great for almost the entire game only to collapse in an unbelievable fashion in regulation and then have to grind through 2 overtimes before losing. I am trying to think how I would feel if I was a UNI fan. I am not sure I would be feeling anything. Probably just totally numb. Traumatized.
            How does it feel as a UNI fan? I can't even put it into words. From the highest of highs the other night to a royal kick in the pills tonight. Utterly stunned and sick to my stomach. This will go down as the basketball version of a Greek Tragedy. Can't imagine what it's like for the players and coaches. Feel awful for them.

Comment

I thought Wichita state vs Miami was rough... I'm boutta have a whisky n coke on behalf of Ben Jacobson

Comment

Pardon the pun, but I'm still in Shock. I recall a College World Series game against Arizona State in the late 80's (1988?), where WSU gave a game away with 2 outs and 2 strikes on the batter in the 9th. My memory isn't the best, but that loss ripped my heart out. Thankfully, we came back the following year and won the NC easing the pain.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                  But when UNI breathed on them a foul was called.
                  I know it's easy to second guess, but how many times did UNI play olē defense as A&M went right to the hoop. Try not to make it so easy (he said from his recliner in the midst of the living room).

Wohoo Senior WuShock, I'll be playing overseas next year!!
                  Last edited by I_Vector_Wu; March 21, 2016, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fansince80s View Post
                    I remember that Burns play
                    I thought the Burns debacle was against indiana State, and I remember thinking at the time that he was pretty much being mugged.

In any case, I didn't watch the UNIs blow their game today -- the tournament is pretty much over in terms of my viewing interest now that the Shocks are out. The only game I cared about Saturday night was my old favorite Spurs against the Warriors (Go Spurs Go!), and I don't expect that I'll make a point of watching any NCAA games the rest of the way. But then I saw a news report tonight about what happened at the end of regulation to get the Aggies to OT, and I had to look up the play by play to see how it was even possible. Amazing -- that's one of those games where you had to see it to believe it, and since I didn't see it...

On the other hand, no one could possibly make up a story like that, so I guess it must be true. Can you imagine how it must feel to have lost one that way? That's ten times worse than WSU's finale, maybe more. The players involved and the fans on the frozen tundra of Cedar Falls will be having nightmares about that ending 50 years from now.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                      I thought that Burns debacle was against indiana State, and i remember thinking that he was pretty much being mugged.
                      It was, and David Moss (who I think is still playing professionally in Europe) hit the game winner for ISU. One of the many to be hit against us in the Turgeon era, it seems

Comment

Ben Jacobson seems to be pretty even keel... Playing angry is not their team motto, but that loss would hurt us more then them...I think their fan base is pretty small in comparison, so this really night not affect them the same as it would affect us in shocker nation

Comment

Watching highlights... That entire team went from smart to doofy like in a snap of a finger

Comment

Am I the only one that absolutely loved the way that ended? UNI fans are smug and only seem to come out when their team is playing well. You didn't hear a peep out of them all season basically then after PJ's shot on Friday...all of a sudden they come out like ants on an anthill.

Comment

Congrats on the great run at end of the season, UNI! Sorry you fell a little short as I was hoping you would carry the MVC banner into the Sweet 16 (I was dreaming of a chance to even the score in the FF but knew that was probably too much!).

A shame you tanked mid-season but a lot to be proud of in the end.
                              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
                                Am I the only one that absolutely loved the way that ended? UNI fans are smug and only seem to come out when their team is playing well. You didn't hear a peep out of them all season basically then after PJ's shot on Friday...all of a sudden they come out like ants on an anthill.
                                It's because they were having a CBI type season until the beginning of March.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X