Clear All

• Originally posted by CourtJester View Post
    This is fun, no?
    NITNITNITNITNITNITNIT
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I'm very proud of the season we've had, of the heart we played with, and of the careers of all of our seniors. I am not so happy with the games they played today, or even this tournament, but not for lack of effort. I'm not go-to sugarcoat it, our offensive struggles are almost entirely on their hands. Most of our possessions were endless ball screens into a bad isolation attempt by Ron or Fred, and whenever we deviated from that we started scoring like a normal team.

But even on that sour note, I'll note that the reason our hero ball failed to work is that our guys played their heart out on both ends, and didn't have the legs to do that and try and carry the offense. It wasn't laziness, but rather the opposite.

To get back to the positive, I am extremely grateful for these four years and happy to see what happens from here. These guys have shown by example what it means to be a Shocker. They went to work every day, and they out worked everyone. Now it is time for the rest of our team to take that heavy mantle.

Comment

I'm out...have fun watching the rest of the good teams play on. Enjoy the CIT tourney next year sans Baker, Vleet...I'm sure Connor will replace them both. HA HA.
        NITNITNITNITNITNITNITNITNIT

Not relevant.

Nobody is watching you.

You are a nobody.

The Big East's whipping boy.

DePaul times 2.

Never won 2 games in an NCAA Tournament.

Jealousy sucks hard. Hope you enjoyed watching the Shox on the big stage actually performing.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I'm out...have fun watching the rest of the good teams play on. Enjoy the CIT tourney next year sans Baker, Vleet...I'm sure Connor will replace them both. HA HA.
          Lol where is the big east?

Comment

• Kelly is indeed a disappointment. He's a body inside but man his minutes are too high.

Who do you replace them with? I dunno. Bush?
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              Kelly is indeed a disappointment. He's a body inside but man his minutes are too high.

Who do you replace them with? I dunno. Bush?
              Hopefully McDuffie and Willis can rotate with him at the 4 next year

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                I'm very proud of the season we've had, of the heart we played with, and of the careers of all of our seniors. I am not so happy with the games they played today, or even this tournament, but not for lack of effort. I'm not go-to sugarcoat it, our offensive struggles are almost entirely on their hands. Most of our possessions were endless ball screens into a bad isolation attempt by Ron or Fred, and whenever we deviated from that we started scoring like a normal team.

But even on that sour note, I'll note that the reason our hero ball failed to work is that our guys played their heart out on both ends, and didn't have the legs to do that and try and carry the offense. It wasn't laziness, but rather the opposite.
                I agree very much with this assessment of the offense. Way too many ball screens.
                The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Didn't Kelly spend the offseason working on his ball handling and jump shot? If he worked on finishing instead he could have been a heck of a player this year. I think he will get it all figured out by the team he's a senior.

Comment

• Several thoughts...

I had a flashback to the Notre Dame game from last year. We trailed, though not by nearly as much, but actually took a brief lead in the second half before Notre Dame had another quick ten-point run to take a sold lead back. Same today. That half-court alley-oop dunk was the play of the game as Miami woke up from whatever happened to them.

The passage of time is so fast. It seems like yesterday that we were all walking out of the Georgia Dome. I would have sworn that we would be back to another Final Four within Fred's and Ron's career. As Ron said in the press conference, it shows how hard this NCAA Tournament is. You have to play well, get some break, and favorable matchups. It just was not in the cards for WSU today.

There are not enough words in the English language to express my feelings for these guys. I just cannot do it. "I love you guys" doesn't seem sufficient but it will have to be for today.

Finally, go **** yourselves, NCAA! You all suck! Either do away with the First Four or figure out something. Maybe make sure all First Four games are on Tuesday with winners being placed in a Friday pod. There is no way in hell that you can talk about player welfare and then give Wichita State the week they had this week. Even taking out the play-in game, there is no ****ing way that you would have had a blueblood up at midnight on Thursday and gave them a Saturday noon start for its next game. You win, @$$holes!
                    78-65

Comment

• Just about every card was stacked against us in this tourney.

Shox did well, but Miami is a good acc team.

If we could have played a big 12 team, probably could have pulled it off. But still showed heart.

Go Shox!!
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Kelly looked like he wanted to play, rebounds, takes charges, etc. I'm certainly hopeful his offense improves. I'm more concerned with the utter disappearance of Zach Brown. He showed no confidence on the offensive en dthe last month of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          You're ridiculous.
                          so tell us uninformed folks what game(s) did
                          Angel have better at Miami? at KSU?
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                            Finally, go **** yourselves, NCAA! You all suck! Either do away with the First Four or figure out something. Maybe make sure all First Four games are on Tuesday with winners being placed in a Friday pod. There is no way in hell that you can talk about player welfare and then give Wichita State the week they had this week. Even taking out the play-in game, there is no ****ing way that you would have had a blueblood up at midnight on Thursday and gave them a Saturday noon start for its next game. You win, @$$holes!
                            You are absolutely correct, and I agree with you 100%. But as my daughter who works in media says: they don't care about the kids. they care about the money.
                            "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post
                              You are absolutely correct, and I agree with you 100%. But as my daughter who works in media says: they don't care about the kids. they care about the money.
                              Bingo
                              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                                so tell us uninformed folks what game(s) did
                                Angel have better at Miami? at KSU?
                                You're missing the point (naturally).

Ballers step up their games when the lights are shining the brightest. He's a good player. He's not some walk-on that got lucky for a 10 minute stretch. He's actually legit.

I'm busting the point that WSU was unlucky enough to have a really good player go off on them in the NCAA Tournament. It's stupid.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X