Can someone tell me why ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone tell me why ?

First off, it doesn't really matter now ,but at the time it could have.

Why was the forehead face palm foul not a F-1? Intentional contact above the shoulder with no apparent play on the ball ?

Thanks ,and I'll hang up and listen now. lol
    From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

It appeared that the defender had his hands straight up, therefore not initiating contact; you could say Fred initiated contact and put his face into the defenders elbow. At least that’s how I saw it.
    Disclaimer: I'm not 'well versed' in the rules of basketball.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I believe he is talking about when Baker was fouled by Baldwin in the second half when he basically took his hand and placed it on Ron's forehead.
      Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

Originally posted by RussDaBus View Post
        I believe he is talking about when Baker was fouled by Baldwin in the second half when he basically took his hand and placed it on Ron's forehead.
        I think the defender was checking out Ron's hair to see if he uses a conditioner... no harm, no F-1 foul. :)

Comment

Originally posted by RussDaBus View Post
          This ,,, the Fred foul I was cool with
          From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

I suspect the reason was because the contact was not in any way excessive. In fact, the contact appeared to me to be quite minor. Now if he had poked Ron in the eye, for example. I think a flagrant foul would have been in order.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 17, 2016, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
              I think the defender was checking out Ron's hair to see if he uses a conditioner... no harm, no F-1 foul. :)
              So your saying it met the "cop a feel" exception to the flagrant foul rules.

Comment

The guy guarding Baker did not have his hands straight up. He was reaching out and face guarding Baker (which you are not supposed to be able to do) and then he just put his palm on Bakers forehead. He did not slap him or hit him he just moved his hand a little forward and it was on Bakers forehead. I do not think it was worthy of a Flagrant foul but it was very weird.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  I suspect the reason was because the contact was not in any excessive. In fact, the contact appeared to me to be quite minor. Now if he had poked Ron in the eye, for example. I think a flagrant foul would have been in order.
                  But what if he gave Baker a "wet Willy"?

Comment

Originally posted by engrshock View Post
                    The guy guarding Baker did not have his hands straight up. He was reaching out and face guarding Baker (which you are not supposed to be able to do) and then he just put his palm on Bakers forehead. He did not slap him or hit him he just moved his hand a little forward and it was on Bakers forehead. I do not think it was worthy of a Flagrant foul but it was very weird.
                    Weird is a good way to put it. There wasn't any malicious intent or anything, it was almost like he just wanted to touch a basketball god or something. It looked like videos where you see people reaching out and just touching the pope as he walks by. He was hoping some of Ron's greatness would be transmitted through osmosis.
                    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar48 View Post
                      But what if he gave Baker a "wet Willy"?
                      Let’s hope we give some “wet Willy’s” tonight…

Comment

I believe he was having a Spock moment and using the Vulcan mind meld defense. "LIVE LONG AND ADVANCE".
                        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

From one of the E'ville games.image.jpg

Comment

testing Ron to see if he could be a worthy candidate:
                            Attempting to do the slap in the forehead challenge with a plastic ruler. Find out how well I did.In human anatomy, the forehead is an area of the head bound...
                            For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                            - said no one ever...

Comment

Originally posted by engrshock View Post
                              I was thinking defenders aren't even allowed to put a hand close to the eyes, but I've never seen that called, and I'm not sure what it would be without contact (a technical, perhaps?).

Comment

Working...
                              X