Good Luck Tonight Shox!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
    Memory check here. A little help from my friends please....

The year we played George Mason...did we play them twice that same year? Once in the Bracket Busters and then again in the Sweet 16???

Also.. the year we played VCU...did we play in the same season? Once in Bracket Busters and again in the NCAA Tourney???

Gracious Amigos!
    both of those wins in wichita for vcu and gmu catapulted them into the ncaa tournament (as at large) and then into the final four. i'm kinda proud of that in a roundabout way. vcu and gmu knew they had done something significant in wichita but the rest of the country was clueless.

Comment

Of course then the following season Ogirri and co beat us at home :(

Comment

That spring after GM's final four run Debbie and I were in Bar Harbor for our honeymoon. We were eating lunch in a bar and we had our WSU gear on and the bartender said he was pulling for WSU until we played GM because he said he had to go with the eastern non power conference as the team he was pulling for. We laughed and then I pointed out to him that the baseball game he was watching which featured his beloved Boston Red Sox that the catcher (Doug Mirabelli) was a WSU product. He bought us a beer.

Comment

I just hope we get a chance to face Larranaga again.

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
            I just hope we get a chance to face Larranaga again.
            I have you guys beating him in the second round, and going on to the Elite 8 vs. KU (sorry guys, I have them winning the whole thing; don't feel bad though. In 2006 I had US losing to UCONN).

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
              Hope to get payback with your former coach in a few days...but right now there's business to take care of.
              Check. Now it's time for payback.

Comment

I personally like our chances better with a Marshall vs. Larranaga matchup over a Turgeon vs. Larranaga one.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  I personally like our chances better with a Marshall vs. Larranaga matchup over a Turgeon vs. Larranaga one.
                  Incidentally, you could face Turgeon in the Elite 8 (though I think they'll lose to KU).

Comment

I would LOVE to face Turgeon in the Elite 8 for a couple of reasons. First off, Fred and Ron would have a hay day taking the ball away from Melo "Turnover" Trimble. Second, it would mean that once again, the blue birds from up north had underperformed their seeding.
                    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Has it really been 10 years? Wow. I've enjoyed following WSU ever since those two epic battles we had back in '06 (that Bracketbuster game at your house was INTENSE). You've certainly had much more success than we've had since then. I hope we'll be back soon.

Anyway, I dropped by to say good luck against Miami. I have to be honest, though. I feel oddly torn as I remain a fan of Coach L, but it's always hard for me to root for any ACC school against a so-called "m__ m___r", especially when it's WSU.

Ah screw it, GO SHOCKERS!!! Beat Miami!

Comment

Working...
                      X