X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Luck Tonight Shox!

Unlike you, Mason's never recovered from losing its coach to the majors :(
    Anyway, kick some ass tonight! :wsu_posters::wsu_posters::wsu_posters:

(Side note: Can you guys believe it's been a decade since our meeting in the Sweet 16? My how time flies!)

No, I can't believe it's been a decade, and frankly, it's a little depressing. Here's to you guys getting back on top soon!

The game in '06 at the Chuck (not the tournament) was still one of the best games of the last 20 years for me.

Comment

I hadn't seen this posted anywhere, so this seems like as good of a place as any...

Great article with plenty of WSU mentions.

Comment

Fantastic article.

Comment

Originally posted by ACW View Post
          Unlike you, Mason's never recovered from losing its coach to the majors :(
          Anyway, kick some ass tonight! :wsu_posters::wsu_posters::wsu_posters:

(Side note: Can you guys believe it's been a decade since our meeting in the Sweet 16? My how time flies!)
          Thanks for the kind words. Your guards (were there 3 or 4?) that Season would rarely miss a shot and your squad was a giant killer at the Dance. It was your time!!!!!!!
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Hope to get payback with your former coach in a few days...but right now there's business to take care of.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
              Hope to get payback with your former coach in a few days...but right now there's business to take care of.
              So you are saying there is a chance? Kewl!!!!!!!
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                Thanks for the kind words. Your guards (were there 3 or 4?) that Season would rarely miss a shot and your squad was a giant killer at the Dance. It was your time!!!!!!!
                Three starting guards (Tony Skinn who I'm sure you remember all too well :tongue-new:; Lamar Butler who was named the regions MOP and got the SI cover before the S16, and Folain Campbell), plus Gabe Norwood off the bench (and who started while Skinn was suspended for our first-round game).

Anyway, nice win last night. Now, kick some ass tomorrow! :)

Comment

George Mason was the same animal but different beast - Kobe system

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
                    George Mason was the same animal but different beast - Kobe system
                    Plus experience. Tony and Lamar were seniors (Butler a 5th year; out 2002-2003), while Norwood was a junior. Folarin was a sophomore, as was Will Thomas (who average nearly 14 and 10.5 for the first 4 games). Our other big starter, Jai Lewis, was also a senior.

Comment

I rewatched some of that George Mason NCAA Tournament game a while back. Looking back at it, we were really never in that game at all. You guys were playing at such a high level in that tournament. Michigan State, North Carolina, Wichita State, and UCONN... That's one heck of a list of teams to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                        I rewatched some of that George Mason NCAA Tournament game a while back. Looking back at it, we were really never in that game at all. You guys were playing at such a high level in that tournament. Michigan State, North Carolina, Wichita State, and UCONN... That's one heck of a list of teams to beat.
                        The game was pretty much even for the final 38 minutes. They just hit those 3 quick 3's to spot a 9-point lead. So it goes sometimes.

Comment

Memory check here. A little help from my friends please....

The year we played George Mason...did we play them twice that same year? Once in the Bracket Busters and then again in the Sweet 16???

Also.. the year we played VCU...did we play in the same season? Once in Bracket Busters and again in the NCAA Tourney???

Gracious Amigos!
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                            Memory check here. A little help from my friends please....

The year we played George Mason...did we play them twice that same year? Once in the Bracket Busters and then again in the Sweet 16???

Also.. the year we played VCU...did we play in the same season? Once in Bracket Busters and again in the NCAA Tourney???

Gracious Amigos!
                            Yes on George Mason.

No on VCU. Played VCU in Wichita as part of Bracket Busters in 2011. Played again in Portland for 2012 NCAA. Made return Bracket Busters trip to Richmond in 2012-13 season.
                            78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                              Yes on George Mason.

No on VCU. Played VCU in Wichita as part of Bracket Busters in 2011. Played again in Portland for 2012 NCAA. Made return Bracket Busters trip to Richmond in 2012-13 season.
                              Awesome - thank ya man!
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                              X