Tourney: Day 1, Round 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a great day for the non BCS
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
      theres a heck of a game between winthrop/Wash State. its tied at 29 at the half
      Yeah, I noticed that, and then the second half seemed to go the opposite direction for Winthrop. It looked like (only being able to see the little score ticker at the top of the screen) that maybe they just shot extremely poorly in the 2nd half.

I'd like to see the box score on it, but it sounds like Coach Marshall's whole mentality for leaving Winthrop was sound. Bigger conference=better seeding. Look at Drake's seeding. You get lower seed and you end up with a much tougher first round matchup.

Hopefully with the program and players that coach is building here, we'll be able to 'cash in' on his philosophy and make us all happy by going beyond round one in the tourney when we finally get back there.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatguy
        got my boy whos a huge duke fan.

He said the only thing left to do was kick the chair out from underneith him.

Now with any luck BYU can catch up to aTm. 63-60 with under a minute left.

On a positive note for BYU Turgeon cant coach with the clock under a minute.
        Opps Turge wins 25th game of the year! Have a nice day!
        You act as if I care

Comment

Where'd Lawmaker go?

Did he drown by his own tears?

WSU still has more NCAA wins in 2 years than Baylor has had in 4 decades.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
            That was a stupid pass on the inbounds under their basket.

The pass wasn't a great decision, but the real issue was the blown screen for the guy that was supposed to receive the pass. Not a bad play as drawn up, but execution cost them any chance.

Comment

I guess my only question is how did Mississippi State ever make the Dance?

Comment

I thought Belmont was going to do it. They sure won over the crowd last night.

Comment

We played horrrrible yesterday, but at least we got in. The players got great experience and we will be back next year.
                  Say what you want about getting blown out in the first round of the NCAA, but I remember talking to Gary Cundiff after the shocks lost by 20 to Depaul I think in '88 and he said it was something he will never ever forget.
                  No excuses for how baylor played, but the Big 12 had three underdogs out of the 4 games yesterday and finished 3-1.

Comment

There is no underdog in the 8/9 game.

Comment

• Originally posted by lawmaker
                      We played horrrrible yesterday, but at least we got in. The players got great experience and we will be back next year.
                      Say what you want about getting blown out in the first round of the NCAA, but I remember talking to Gary Cundiff after the shocks lost by 20 to Depaul I think in '88 and he said it was something he will never ever forget.
                      No excuses for how baylor played, but the Big 12 had three underdogs out of the 4 games yesterday and finished 3-1.
                      Boy, I didn't call that did I?

A&M was a 1 point favorite as far as I can see. K-State, and to take nothing away from them because they played a super game as a TEAM, played a de facto home game. The wildcats should have been favored as they would have been had the game been played in Manhattan.

Your boys could learn to play a little D and they would be pretty darned good.

Serious question.....is LaceDarius pre-med or pre-law?

Comment

• Lace major is undecided...thats a shock I know...

He will be all big 12 before he is done playing.

Curious how far everybody has drake in their brackets? I have them winning today.

Comment

• anybody remember what happened last time the Tenn Vols were the #2 seed in the tourney :D

:wsu_posters:
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by lawmaker
                            Lace major is undecided...thats a shock I know...

He will be all big 12 before he is done playing.

Curious how far everybody has drake in their brackets? I have them winning today.
                            Sweet Sixteen (beating San Diego--upset special over UCONN)

Comment

Working...
                            X