Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever called in work sick because of March Madness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course I called in sick - Thursday and Friday - several years ago. The first Corona was tipped as the ball was tipped.

Comment

My pal has got to be the only non super rich person in the world that has DirecTV and Cox and orders Mega March Madness from both companys. He has 3 big screens in an arch in the basement and runs the Internet feed on his 24in monitor. So 4 games at once.

Where I'm going with this is I just started a new job last month and didn't have the balls to ask for both days off so today I missed out for the first time in like 5 years. They did say I could bail at 11am tomorrow so not all is lost.

My boss poked his head into my office and said, "there's a TV in Greg's office if you want to check up on the games". I walked in there for the 1st time to see a 50" LCD. What kind of guy gets to put THAT in his office? I guess the CEO does, good thing he's never there cause I took over for my whole lunch and everytime a game went to the wire.

Comment

ahahaha ^^^ Dang!

I had the ESPN scoreboard up so when I was at my desk inbetween interviews i checked that.

The TV in the breakroom has a TV thats always on CBS so ill stroll in their occasionally

Comment

Don't have the balls to call in sick?...Well just use your balls as the excuse...

An Oregon Clinic is offering March Madness Vasectomies. You come in for the snip before the tourney starts, then you conveniently have to take off 2-4 days to recover. The local sports station is offering a recovery pack of sports magazines, free pizzas, and frozen peas to reduce swelling.

Sounds like a great excuse to make sure you don't miss any of the games. I might have to try it when my time comes.

Comment

Zach?^

Comment

Being overseas in the military, unless there was shooting going on, it was pretty well accepted if a major sports event was on, somewhere, somehow, someway, our Signal people would rig up TV's to watch it.

Comment

Working...
              X