No more LeFred (the lesson of Armstead)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ol skool View Post
    Oh sorry for the confusion. My whole point was about ball sticking in the guards hands to long. On the perimeter and on the drive and dish as well.
    i've noticed that baker overdribbles too: side to side, almost gets it stolen, side to side some more.

has coach told them "take over and do your thing, decorated seniors"? if so, i'd like to see them go more magic johnson and less allen iverson. involve everybody is what gets the wins.. that's how magic johnson would take over.
    Last edited by another shocker; March 9, 2016, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
      i've noticed that baker overdribbles too: side to side, almost gets it stolen, side to side some more.

has coach told them "take over and do your thing, decorated seniors"? if so, i'd like to see them go more magic johnson and less allen iverson. involve everybody is what gets the wins.
      I wasn't going to mention any names but yeah him and Fred. I don't know if they doing it on their own or per instructions. But it's not working right now.

Comment

The current rules enforcement could not have been less friendly to the Shox. The 30 second shot clock gives Fred one less opportunity to probe and break down the D.

The lack of calling a defensive foul if the offensive player initiates contact took away a lot of Fred's game around the hoop. Fred doesn't go straight up near the hoop. If a defensive player stays vertical and Fred jumps into him, that's a charge this year. He was getting FT's on that last year. If both Fred and the defender leave their feet and collide in a spot neither of them controlled with verticality from where they left the floor, they are in space neither of them "owns", so there is no foul called when Fred gets hammered. It's hard to unlearn many years of attacking the basket.

Anybody remember Nate Funk? His game would have been neutered if he had to play the way the game is officiated today.

The current enforcement is also designed to eliminate physical play. What team was known as playing one of the most physical games in all of college basketball? It was the Shox.

While I'm not into conspiracy theories, if someone wanted to limit WSU's game, what would be the most obvious way to do that? Here's the list:

1) Shorten the shot clock
        2) Cut out physical play
        3) Change the way charge/block gets called around the hoop

OK, maybe I am in to conspiracy theories. WSU crashed the Big Boys party. The Big Boys didn't like that, so they changed the entrance requirements.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
        X