Musings from the 1st Row

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Musings from the 1st Row

Got back from STL a few hours ago. Had enough time during drive to reflect on events observed, plus the cause and effects.

Those of you on this fine forum who hold HCGM beyond reproach need to switch threads now. You will not appreciate the following.

HCGM's conduct this weekend could be described in two words - arrogant and stubborn.
    His arrogance was on full display on Friday against Loyola.
    His yapping at Doug Elgin and subsequent stare down at Jack Watkins over his displeasure with the officiating was unprofessional and demeaning.
    It was embarrassing to the program and totally undignified. It also will end up hurting the program in the long run (more on that in a bit).

HCGM tried to brush aside by characterizing it as 'Frustration."
    Bullshit.

Act the part and be a professional. If your team is stinking up the place, stand up and accept the blame. It goes with the job (and the paycheck).

His stubbornness was on full display during UNI's game deciding run.
    While UNI continued to run the same offensive set over and over, he refused to either change personnel or more importantly, change the defensive set. As a result, Washpun continued to run the same set on the high post over and over and over.
    I sat on the front row straight across from the UNI bench and could not believe he didn't adjust. I don't think HCBJ couldn't believe it either and was thrilled!

Oh and how did his arrogance come back to haunt him?
    As soon as the game ended, Elgin walked right in front of me, turned to Watkins and with a HUGE smile on his face just said "Wow!" He was giddy with the outcome and not because he was thinking that 2 MVC teams would get in the tournament.

Until they have confirmation of a new league landing strip, it is advisable not to piss off your current landlord.

I will post the usual STL Notes, Quotes and Billygoats soon. This will suffice for now.

That is all.
    Above all, make the right call.

Addressing your comments on the UNI game. It is hard to fault the defense. We allowed 57 points in 45 minutes. Yes, BJ was screening at the top to iso Waspun, but it wasn't like that was burning us. Marshall, to his credit, I do think tried almost any line up he could. Ultimately, when you only score 52 points in 45 minutes, you aren't going to win very often.

Comment

If you don't like the final 4 coach we have, you could find another team jackass
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

His biggest mistake was not realizing that CF was the most effective defender. He made Washpun tentative and was a much better option on offense than other players.

Can't wait for us to rework the offense. This stuff has been hard to watch. Less would be so much more.

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
          If you don't like the final 4 coach we have, you could find another team jackass
          Sensitive tonight, aren't we?

Comment

Dickwad,
            Apparently you have trouble with remedial English. I clearly stated that if you hold him beyond reproach, switch threads and move on. Obviously, 3 years in the 5th grade were a bit tough on you.

That is all.

Comment

The thing I didn't understand was why we didn't go to a matchup zone after all the drives by Washpun.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                The thing I didn't understand was why we didn't go to a matchup zone after all the drives by Washpun.
                Maybe cause we can't execute a zone defense.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
                  Got back from STL a few hours ago. Had enough time during drive to reflect on events observed, plus the cause and effects.

Those of you on this fine forum who hold HCGM beyond reproach need to switch threads now. You will not appreciate the following.

HCGM's conduct this weekend could be described in two words - arrogant and stubborn.
                  His arrogance was on full display on Friday against Loyola.
                  His yapping at Doug Elgin and subsequent stare down at Jack Watkins over his displeasure with the officiating was unprofessional and demeaning.
                  It was embarrassing to the program and totally undignified. It also will end up hurting the program in the long run (more on that in a bit).

HCGM tried to brush aside by characterizing it as 'Frustration."
                  Bullshit.

Act the part and be a professional. If your team is stinking up the place, stand up and accept the blame. It goes with the job (and the paycheck).

His stubbornness was on full display during UNI's game deciding run.
                  While UNI continued to run the same offensive set over and over, he refused to either change personnel or more importantly, change the defensive set. As a result, Washpun continued to run the same set on the high post over and over and over.
                  I sat on the front row straight across from the UNI bench and could not believe he didn't adjust. I don't think HCBJ couldn't believe it either and was thrilled!

Oh and how did his arrogance come back to haunt him?
                  As soon as the game ended, Elgin walked right in front of me, turned to Watkins and with a HUGE smile on his face just said "Wow!" He was giddy with the outcome and not because he was thinking that 2 MVC teams would get in the tournament.

Until they have confirmation of a new league landing strip, it is advisable not to piss off your current landlord.

I will post the usual STL Notes, Quotes and Billygoats soon. This will suffice for now.

That is all.
                  Congratulations on the dumbest #%€king post in forum history moron!

Comment

Newshock and you must have been class mates.

That is all.

Comment

If you disagree with the original poster's statements, perhaps you should provide a counter-argument. Name-calling without substance isn't going to rebuff any of his points.

Comment

Why can't anyone ever say anything negative without being a hater or KU fukwad? He had his opinion and stated it, that doesn't mean he doesn't like or dislike our final four coach.

Comment

Wow, did that escalate fast. Look, I don't always agree with Ref and thinks he can be a bit arrogant at times (as can I by the way). I do respect him, though and think lipse and newshock are way out of line. Let me preface my comments by saying I don't know Gregg very well at all. I have played golf and rode in the same golf cart with him three times, so we had many hours to get somewhat aquainted. I have also spent a very little time with him in other settings. I love the guy and believe and want him to be our coach till the end of time. He can be arrogant and stubborn and has presented his behaviors publically on and off the court. I have seen it first hand. At the same time, he is generous with his time and I have seen him humble. At the end of the day, Gregg is just like the rest of us knuckle heads...not perfect. His personality can be a bit inflamatory sometimes, but his soft side is cool to see as well. There seems to some on this board who thinks he walks on water and can do no wrong. He is human and fallible...that's one of the reasons I like him. Don't stick your heads in the sand people.

And to Ref...I always enjoy your fandom and road reports. They seem genuine and well thought out. Keep up the good work brotha!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
                            Dickwad,
                            Apparently you have trouble with remedial English. I clearly stated that if you hold him beyond reproach, switch threads and move on. Obviously, 3 years in the 5th grade were a bit tough on you.

That is all.
                            Go piss off, ya we had our flaws this weekend but defense wasn't one of them
                            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

My Sunday night thoughts:

1) this season reminds me of the final run for Randy/Jamar/Rob. Coach MT couldn't figure out how to mix the talented new comers with the experienced vets. Fred and Ron always had someone above them to help and I just don't think it comes naturally to them to defer to underclassmen. Especially when there isn't an ice cold scorer in the bunch.

2) Ben Jacobson knows how to game plan against us.

3) Washpun is a bad matchup for Fred. He knows what Fred wants to do and is bigger, faster, and stronger. This hasn't been a two game phenomenon.

4) the ball has to move more. We may miss a lot of threes, but most are out of rhythm. The game is much easier than our offense makes it look.

5) I feel like we need to make an adjustment on the sideline. HCGM needs a SUPER ASSERTIVE number two. I saw a lot of little details missed in all of losses that wouldn't have occurred in prior years.

6) seniors feel pressure. Playing your last go around is completely different and you can see the tension. I hope they get a chance to play loose in the tournament.

Comment

Working...
                              X