Mcduffie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by choida View Post
    A little less hero ball from baker would be nice, especially went he's cold, but I guess you gotta tip your hat to northern iowa, maybe too many days off hurt us, but im still in the consensus that we are definitely in...if they can just throw out the advocare tourney, then it's a no brainer, if all biometrics are taken into account, then we are for sure in, if only select ones are taken into account, the ones that hurt us, then obviously we are on the bubble.
    Hero ball from Baker? He's the one who won the game against Loyola and kept us in it against UNI.

Did you mean Fred? Fred is the one that is totally sucking down the offense with his sticky hands, his one-on-one, poor shot selection, and refusal to pass in key situations.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      Hero ball from Baker? He's the one who won the game against Loyola and kept us in it against UNI.

Did you mean Fred? Fred is the one that is totally sucking down the offense with his sticky hands, his one-on-one, poor shot selection, and refusal to pass in key situations.
      100% agree with this.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Fred just looks slooooow this year. That damn hammy.
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
          Take nothing away from Fred and Ron. What they have done is timeless and will forever be remembered.

I think it is fair to say though that next year WSU could be a better offensive team.
          I like this statement because it recognizes what Fred has meant to our program. Being the point guard, he will take most of the criticism just as a QB in football. Just one week ago, he had a very good game against ISU on a celebratory Sr. Night. Now many are willing to turn on him (a little like Judas did to Jesus).
          As for your second statement, we will have as talented or more talented athletes, but whether they will be more successful, I have my doubts but you did leave yourself some wiggle room when you said could. Hopefully, we have some more games.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
            It will be a good thing. There is something really "off" about thus offense. It looked like NBA ball yesterday with all the one on one stuff.
            I haven't found the stomach to watch the game again, but watching in real time I thought the key was missing 3's. With us unable to throw it in the water from a boat, the d just shut down the paint. Fred's penetration generated little; high screens didn't allow for free pick and rolls as the roll was defended and in the end all we had were outside shots, which we couldn't make. D was good; O was awful. You think ONE guy out of all those shooters would be able to score; Baker was it, and they realized it. I think we're in the tourney, but I have real fears for advancement if we can't shoot better.

Comment

Originally posted by seskridge
              Another troll? They come out of the woodwork when we lose
              Your comment didn't make a single bit of sense.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                I've always believed we will be better next year.

Even with Fred and Ron, this felt like a rebuilding year. We are still trying to get a lot of players experience and we have zero juniors.

Not writing off this year because we are dangerous, but very inconsistent. That is due to freshman, sophomores and only 2 Srs that play significant minutes that have been with the team in terms of years and not months.

And to the point of this thread.

McDuff will be a stud.
                This quoted post alone could also make a big long thread. Yes, MM is, and will be a stud that could play the 3 and 4. We just need him on the floor. Slots 3,4, and 5 Will be stronger. Slots 1 and 2 will be talented 'committee wise' but will take ample time to develop IMO. No Senior All Americans but lots of young potential. Peyton Allen, Shamet, CF, and Smith could be the main 4 but there are others that will be right in there looking for time too.

Will we sign a Juco big? We have a thread on Kavell Bigby-Williams in the recruiting section that 'had me at hello,' even though he is not rated a top 50 juco player yet. He can score, rebound, and quite the rim protector. It appears his team will be in Hutch if any of you can give us your take. Not sure he is high on our pecking list or not. We already have Willis who will also be a stud. Ships? No worries. 3G shaves daily and can really count.
                Last edited by forevershockerfan; March 6, 2016, 04:35 PM.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

The team will be drastically different without fred, ron, evan, grady, and bush ( to a much smaller point)... I think more athletic and quicker with brown, mcduffie, frankamp, shaq, taylor etc

FVV pooped the bed in st. louis. Fred has been better career wise than wes for sure... but wes in the tournament looked much faster, more athletic, and better shooting wise.

FVV in this short time has not looked anywhere close to nba potential some predicted.

Baker on the other hand has increased his worth for the most part.

Grady and shaq needed the ball in the 2nd half and mcduffie needed to attack the rim.

Comment

Still hoping for this year but here are a few thoughts on next season. Not worried about the post with
                    SM, Willis and RN. I think MM plays a stretch four. I believe that PA could beat out ZB at the small
                    forward spot with CF and LS starting in the back court. Not trying to get rid of anyone but TT and EH
                    have to be looking at the competition for playing time. Both must improve significantly to make any
                    kind of difference next season. I just have a hunch that PA is going to make an impact next season.
                    If SM continues his upward trend and Willis pans out we are going to be better next season.

Comment

Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                      I haven't found the stomach to watch the game again, but watching in real time I thought the key was missing 3's. With us unable to throw it in the water from a boat, the d just shut down the paint. Fred's penetration generated little; high screens didn't allow for free pick and rolls as the roll was defended and in the end all we had were outside shots, which we couldn't make. D was good; O was awful. You think ONE guy out of all those shooters would be able to score; Baker was it, and they realized it. I think we're in the tourney, but I have real fears for advancement if we can't shoot better.
                      I watched the first half of the live game. I saw the coming disaster, when the Cats did not play particularly well in the first half and the Shocks only had a 6 point lead at half-time. I did not read the game write up in today's paper.

I caught up on 5 episodes of "Better Call Saul" before I sucked up the courage to visit this fine forum.
                      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

More on the loss to UNI yesterday

What Coach Marshall said before the game yesterday at the big Pep Rally was this: The UNI came plan will be to stop or slow down Fred & Ron. It's going to be up to the rest of the team to pick up the slack. As it turned out, WSU got zilch from their wings. Sullie referred to them in his Eagle write-up today as "broken wings". It is helpful to any team if they have experienced reserves who can come off the bench in pressure situations. Almost all of WSU's reserves are sophs and frosh except for BWam and he didn't play yesterday. I know those young players wanted to help win it for the seniors, so perhaps they put too much pressure on themselves. If WSU is lucky enough to get picked for the Big Dance, hopefully the WSU bench will be more relaxed then.

One thing I didn't like in the paper was a quote by Seth Davis (?) where he said WSU lost 5 games this year with Fred in the lineup. They lost 3 games in the MVC including yesterday. The only other game I can remember them losing was at Tulsa where Fred tried to play & it set him back as a result. Fred missed all of the games in Orlando & they lost to Seton Hall in OT (if I remember correctly) on the road in what I think was his 1st game back.

Comment

Add the Seton Hall loss.

Comment

MM did not get to play in the Tulsa loss either.
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                            X