Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mcduffie

Yes or no?

I vote yes this kid will make a huge mark next year for sure.

I do think McDuffie will be a stud next season. He needs some weight and muscle but he has a high ceiling.
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Second coming of Kevin Durant.

Comment

He'll be fine...I suspect we'll see big steps forward next year from quite a few guys when the offense is restructured to something other than high ball screens and tons of pounding the ball while the defense rotates back into position.

Comment

We should see more "team" offense next year. It could be a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
            We should see more "team" offense next year. It could be a good thing.
            It will be a good thing. There is something really "off" about thus offense. It looked like NBA ball yesterday with all the one on one stuff.

Comment

Yes that Fred and Ron have really been losers

Comment

It's nothing against Fred and Ron, its just that when you have 2 senior all americans, the other guys tend to take a backseat and wait around for them to make plays. Next year we won't have the focus around 1 or 2 guys.

Comment

I have thought the same thing.

As much as we love Ron and Fred, relying on them both so much hurts the rest of the team in some ways.

Next season the team should be quicker and more athletic. Time will tell if that translates to anything. (Ron and Fred are great players and defenders, but far from the quickest or most athletic.)

All in all, the Shocks just need to make their shots. If they even just equal UNI's bad shooting, they win going away.
                  The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                    Second coming of Kevin Durant.
                    Poor mans KD
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I've always believed we will be better next year.

Even with Fred and Ron, this felt like a rebuilding year. We are still trying to get a lot of players experience and we have zero juniors.

Not writing off this year because we are dangerous, but very inconsistent. That is due to freshman, sophomores and only 2 Srs that play significant minutes that have been with the team in terms of years and not months.

And to the point of this thread.

McDuff will be a stud.
                      Last edited by ShockerPrez; March 6, 2016, 09:09 AM.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        It's nothing against Fred and Ron, its just that when you have 2 senior all americans, the other guys tend to take a backseat and wait around for them to make plays. Next year we won't have the focus around 1 or 2 guys.
                        I guess you sound like you are blaming the two best Shocker players that have taken us to our best four consecutive years in decades (maybe ever). Maybe your point is right and maybe not, but don't forget how we became a perennial Top 25 Ranked Team.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                          I guess you sound like you are blaming the two best Shocker players that have taken us to our best four consecutive years in decades (maybe ever). Maybe your point is right and maybe not, but don't forget how we became a perennial Top 25 Ranked Team.
                          Take nothing away from Fred and Ron. What they have done is timeless and will forever be remembered.

I think it is fair to say though that next year WSU could be a better offensive team.
                          The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                            I think it is much less Ron / Fred and much more the plan of execution and/or various plans of execution.

Here's a key stat over the last three years for Fred starting with his sophomore year:

2 point FG%: .516, .464, and .381. Rather than me saying Fred "got worse" each year inside the arc, perhaps teams (and rules) changed enough to make Fred's particular style of attack much less effective. For me, I'm confident that Fred is smart enough, talented enough, and can adapt to new approaches.

For Ron, not only did the number of 3pt shots taken per game drop almost 15%, but his % dropped 25 points. However, he took 5% more shots inside the arc than last year while raising his % from .489 to .500. He is also getting to the FT line more often this year by about 15% while raising his % almost 30 points over last year. Perhaps more of Ron inside the arc would have Fred (.412) and others more open for clearer 3s.

I understand this is all somewhat hindsight and I'm barely an armchair coach, but many of us have seen problems with our offense maybe being too predictable.

Comment

A little less hero ball from baker would be nice, especially went he's cold, but I guess you gotta tip your hat to northern iowa, maybe too many days off hurt us, but im still in the consensus that we are definitely in...if they can just throw out the advocare tourney, then it's a no brainer, if all biometrics are taken into account, then we are for sure in, if only select ones are taken into account, the ones that hurt us, then obviously we are on the bubble.

Comment

Working...
                              X