MVC Tourney - WSU vs UNI Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Triticum aestivum L. View Post
    Curry and Thompson 1 for 18 from 3 pt range vs. Lakers right now. It happens.

warriors have thrown in the towel.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by Triticum aestivum L. View Post
      Curry and Thompson 1 for 18 from 3 pt range vs. Lakers right now. It happens.
      If the Warriors are losing to the Lakers with their entire lineup, then they've shown that they're not capable of much and get no pass for any games they played with injury. I don't see how they should be allowed to participate in the NBA Playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
        That being said, VanVleet had an, honestly speaking, terrible weekend.
        I am sure Fred would be the 1st one to agree with that assessment. Not sure anyone could credibly argue that wasn't the case. Also what is not arguable is that Fred (and Ron and Evan) have had outstanding Shocker careers and the final chapter has not yet been written. I am sure all will be very motivated to make it a good ending.

Comment

• I heard in the lobby of the Drury Plaza that Fred had a touch of flu and had IV administered Friday. Not an excuse, but...
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
            I heard in the lobby of the Drury Plaza that Fred had a touch of flu and had IV administered Friday. Not an excuse, but...
            If the sickness required an IV then I'd say that's pretty significant.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              I am sure Fred would be the 1st one to agree with that assessment. Not sure anyone could credibly argue that wasn't the case. Also what is not arguable is that Fred (and Ron and Evan) have had outstanding Shocker careers and the final chapter has not yet been written. I am sure all will be very motivated to make it a good ending.
              Oh yeah.

You know B. Self wholly endorses that observation. As do I.

It's been one hell of a ride

Comment

I heard in the lobby of the Drury Plaza that Fred had a touch of flu and had IV administered Friday. Not an excuse, but...
                The curse of st Louis strikes again
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Did Elgin have access to Fred's food?

Comment

• The style that uni plays is the reason why they shortened the shot clock
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

That did not happen. He was not sick and don't ask how I know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
                        That did not happen. He was not sick and don't ask how I know.
                        How do you not not know?! ;)
                        The Assman

Comment

• Just heard a post-game comment from Jacobsen, that they set up their defense to stop a couple of things and they knew they were going to leave some people open.

Pretty obvious what they did. They cheated off of everybody but VanVleet and Baker to double them coming off of screens or if they tried to drive. That left Grady/Morris, Wessel, and Brown wide open. Brown was missing shots, Wessel was hardly even attempting a shot, let alone try to drive to the basket.

Frankamp was playing like his main consideration was the location of the guy he was going to pass to.

In the second half, UNI set the second guy defending FVV on the screens in position to interrupt a pass to the post on the pick and roll, which was about the only play the Shox ran in the second half. Then that defender came out for a trap when FVV was forced to dribble to the wing. It was usually Wessel who was the open guy to take the recovery pass out of the trap, but all that did was get the ball back to a guard near the half court line.

Frankamp had a lot of open looks where all he did was look for someone to throw the ball to.

All that resulted in a lot of 3's at the end of the shot clock, and that's a formula for missing a lot of 3's. Even if it's a "good look". At the end of the shot clock, sometimes the pressure changes the attitude from, "I got this" to "I gotta get this".

I'm of the opinion that Marshall relied on Forbes and Jans for some things he's not getting out of his current group of assistants. That seems to be the most logical explanation for the Shox being unprepared for other teams and other teams making better half-time adjustments than the Shox are making.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                            Just heard a post-game comment from Jacobsen, that they set up their defense to stop a couple of things and they knew they were going to leave some people open.

Pretty obvious what they did. They cheated off of everybody but VanVleet and Baker to double them coming off of screens or if they tried to drive. That left Grady/Morris, Wessel, and Brown wide open. Brown was missing shots, Wessel was hardly even attempting a shot, let alone try to drive to the basket.

Frankamp was playing like his main consideration was the location of the guy he was going to pass to.

In the second half, UNI set the second guy defending FVV on the screens in position to interrupt a pass to the post on the pick and roll, which was about the only play the Shox ran in the second half. Then that defender came out for a trap when FVV was forced to dribble to the wing. It was usually Wessel who was the open guy to take the recovery pass out of the trap, but all that did was get the ball back to a guard near the half court line.

Frankamp had a lot of open looks where all he did was look for someone to throw the ball to.

All that resulted in a lot of 3's at the end of the shot clock, and that's a formula for missing a lot of 3's. Even if it's a "good look". At the end of the shot clock, sometimes the pressure changes the attitude from, "I got this" to "I gotta get this".

I'm of the opinion that Marshall relied on Forbes and Jans for some things he's not getting out of his current group of assistants. That seems to be the most logical explanation for the Shox being unprepared for other teams and other teams making better half-time adjustments than the Shox are making.
                            CF continually gets the ball passed to him two dribbles too late (CF isn't the only one having to play through this). He knows the difference between a natural shot and a forced shot. Unfortunately, the only way he might get the right volume of shoots is to force a few more.

Sometimes he doesn't get the ball at all. See Fred's last turnover. The defense gave the shot to CF and Fred looked it off.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post

Sometimes he doesn't get the ball at all. See Fred's last turnover. The defense gave the shot to CF and Fred looked it off.
                              SPOT ON!
                              -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

• Serious question...is there anyone that gets more phantom fouls called in their favor then Wes Washpun? It's ridiculous...he drives out of control constantly and gets bailed out.

Comment

Working...
                                X