MVC Tourney - WSU versus LUC Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
    This link will take you to an ESPN web page, which depicts a shot chart for the game. I have never noticed this feature before and I am on the ESPN site every day.

Game summary of the Wichita State Shockers vs. Loyola Chicago Ramblers NCAAM game, final score 66-58, from March 4, 2016 on ESPN.

Notice that you may view a composite shot chart for all players or you may customize the chart for an individual player.

Too bad a turnover over chart is not offered. Grady's chart would be a sight to see.
    They just changed their format a week or so ago.....gamecast was replaced by this....I like it.

Comment

• Coach, our problem is that I always wear a sleeve on this arm, and I forgot it today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
        JUst got a chance to sit down and "really" watch it. My son walked by at the same time (the baker shot) and asked how the hell that wasnt an and 1
        A point of emphasis for officials this year was to not " bail out" shooters who shot fake and then create contact. These idiot refs I'm sure think those were both that situation. However, the defenders were both flying into Baker in both instances.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          So we don't care if it hits the rim. Just reset the clock
          Maybe this was covered later, but can I have a ruling from @ShockRef: on this possession? If I understood correctly, they called the save by the Shocker player falling out of bounds a "possession", so they reset the shot clock. I get that the determination of a possession is somewhat of an opinion, but is there black and white as to what defines a possession? And does the shot clock operator have that power to determine?

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen off air.

Comment

• IMG_20160305_074425.jpg

Shaq impersonating Shocker fans everywhere after yesterday's game.

Comment

• There is a difference between a shot fake and a defender leaving his feet and the shooter throwing something up so it has to be a shot attempt and actually getting fouled on a legit shot. We have all seen it. Baker's first no call was closer to him taking advantage of the defender leaving his feet. Imo, that still needs to be called. You can't reward a defender who doesn't play good defense i.e. By jumping up in the air and flying towards the shooter. Don't leave your feet they say.

By the by, the refs did make that call -- against us. So it isn't like they said they weren't going to call that. They did.

Which is even more of a reason I was shocked Baker didn't get the call at the end; he just took the shot, got fouled and made it. The stretch where we won it had many swallowed whistles. We had guys getting tackled under the basket. We had the Baker no call. But when we played defense, earlier in the game Fred got whistled on two anticipation calls. Two ghost fouls. At the end of the game they let Shaq play. I'm not saying he got away with anything - I don't know. But I know they at least didn't nail him with phantom calls.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]3516[/ATTACH]

That was awesome. Too bad Baker really got the block on that one. But Shaq was backing him up and the LUC player had to adjust for Shaq and this put himself in Ron's kill zone.

Comment

• caption: Coach this last few minites we made them play like our sisters,they resorted to scratching

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    Maybe this was covered later, but can I have a ruling from @ShockRef: ...
                    And does the shot clock operator have that power to determine?
                    I think this is Gregg's frustration with St. Lewis ... clock issues always seem to stack up against the Shocks. His comments to Elgin were probably along the lines of, "Can't you get a decent clock operator for this damn circus?"
                    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by HarpBros View Post
                      In the post game presser there was a guy from the post not sure what city that was baiting Marshall so say something about the refs.

http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=117067
                      This should be required reading.

One of the biggest reasons this program is where it is right now....."we" "us" "our" "help" .....humble, thank teammates, expectation of expectations. Support, up and down the program.

They also touch on something that bothers me most about the league right now. We're so much better than everyone that we don't get tested enough in conference so when things do go south, we haven't been there much. Loyola plays a ton of close games. We don't. Usually by the time Baker his his 2nd hero 3, JR and Zach are getting VERY loose. And it's not just us...any team that routinely runs through their conference. In other words, sac up Valley, please?

Comment

• Remember back when we were not so good, would come so close to pulling out the big win, but a solid Senior foe would make a big shot at the end. Loyola gave us a scare and really begin to believe. Then Baker, FVV, Shaq, and Shocks refused to lose while staring adversity eyeball to eyeball for the win. We lose then we would have been followed by the NIT on us like a cheap suit. Stranger things have happened which is why it is called March Madness.

The media would be like cows chewing cud, going over it and over it again for decades with a loss that had never happened like that at this tourney before. Thanks but no thanks for that jazz. Instead, we now move ahead to our next challenge versus a better team that we can also defeat. We dodged a bullet but can come out the other side with 2 more wins smelling like a rose.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Caption:--Coach, if you want guns like this, you got to start lifting angry!!!!!!!!!!! By the way, no blood no foul? Yikes!!!

Caption Phase 2--no shirt, no foul, no ref service, no shoes, no NIT, and no way they will beat us now.
                          Last edited by forevershockerfan; March 5, 2016, 08:42 AM.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I was disappointed there wasnt 4 Shockers picking him up, but the play was still going when he went down, so they were back on the break.

I'll allow it.
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              Maybe this was covered later, but can I have a ruling from @ShockRef on this possession? If I understood correctly, they called the save by the Shocker player falling out of bounds a "possession", so they reset the shot clock. I get that the determination of a possession is somewhat of an opinion, but is there black and white as to what defines a possession? And does the shot clock operator have that power to determine?

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen off air.
                              This is just my opinion, but if you can't call a timeout while falling out of bounds, that should not have been ruled as having possession.

Comment

I've been around a pretty long time and I don't think I can remember a player ever putting up the W like that. That's actually very cool to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X