NCAA conspiracy theories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA conspiracy theories

Do you find it odd that the ncaa has paired up some of the top mid-majors (non-BCS...whatever you want to call it) in the first round?

Drake vs. W. Kentucky
    Gonzaga vs. Davidson
    Butler vs. S. Alabama

OK Western Kentucky isn't the most popular but hey it's my conspiracy theory right?

The arguement I see is that there are plenty of BCS matchups.

Kansas St vs. USC
    Arkansas vs. Indiana
    Clemson vs. Villanova

Discuss if you care to.

6 Mid-majors received at-larges.

28 BCS teams received at-larges.

You're bound to have BCS vs BCS matchups...Mids vs Mids can easily be prevented.

Comment

At least half of those mids will make it to the second round...
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

thats life. They dont wanna see the small guys go to the sweet 16. if they do, money pours into their conference and heaven for bid they might just do it on a yearly basis.

I hope Drake kicks butt. We will have teams in the sweet 16 3 years in a row.
        ________
        Jailbroken
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

It also guarantees that mids make the second round, which feeds the Cinderella hype that the media can't get enough of.
          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
          -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by goshocks
            thats life. They dont wanna see the small guys go to the sweet 16. if they do, money pours into their conference and heaven for bid they might just do it on a yearly basis.

I hope Drake kicks butt. We will have teams in the sweet 16 3 years in a row.
            I 100% disagree about the NCAA not wanting the small guy to make it to the Sweet Sixteen. That's what makes people want to watch the tournament... the Cinderella upsets make March Madness the great event it is. Until I see positive proof, the conspiracy theory is a bunch of BS.
            How many mid-major representatives were on the selection committee?
            I understand 60% or more were from smaller conferences.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Boneshock, I most definitely agree with you.

Also, could somebody please explain how Arizona gets a free pass into the tourney? I know they played an extremely tough schedule and had injuries all year, but you've still got to win some games. 19-14 is not good enough for an automatic bid.

Another one is Villanova. Again, I know they played the tough Big East schedule, but come on. I thought they would have at least had to beat Georgetown in the BE Tourney.

And three teams from the A10 is 2 too many.

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
                Actually only one too many. Temple is automatic, and Xavier should be in.
                How did St Joseph get in instead of Illinois State? :roll:
                Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

HAS anyone noticed that the refs this year in the tourney and in the NIT, arent calling like any fouls.
                  I was watching the siu game last night and i swear they called like 2 shooting fouls in the first half... Its like these refs are trying to just not make any contriversial call, so these players just beat the crap out of each other.
                  I swear ive seen more charges called then shooting fouls.
                  This drake game has been odd too.
                  Like there was a play where a player bumped adam eminecker out of bounds really hard and they called it out of bounds.
                  then ont he way back drake pushed a WKU guy out of bounds and out of bounds no foul.
                  its kinda stupid.
                  Maybe the ncaa wants the refs to call nothing.
                  "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
                  CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

Originally posted by T.VuOP
                    Originally posted by vbird53
                    Actually only one too many. Temple is automatic, and Xavier should be in.
                    How did St Joseph get in instead of Illinois State? :roll:
                    Oh I know. But three teams from the A10 is a joke.

Comment

What makes me sick is that both Drake and WKU had the potential to win some games in the NCAA Tourney, but they somehow get paired up.

Got to love how four mid-major teams will be gone after today.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11
                        What makes me sick is that both Drake and WKU had the potential to win some games in the NCAA Tourney, but they somehow get paired up.

And multiple mid majors will be guaranteed a 2nd round game, it works both ways.
                        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                        -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle

And multiple mid majors will be guaranteed a 2nd round game, it works both ways.
                          6 Mid-Major at-larges vs. 28 BCS at-larges. So yes, while there are going to be a few mid-majors guaranteed a 2nd round game, it's not going to matter too much as there are going to be WAY more BCS teams guaranteed a second round game.

Comment

6 Mid-Major at-larges vs. 28 BCS at-larges. So yes, while there are going to be a few mid-majors guaranteed a 2nd round game, it's not going to matter too much as there are going to be WAY more BCS teams guaranteed a second round game.
                            Like UCONN?
                            -John Wooden

Comment

Like UCONN?
                              That game is exactly what happens when BCS teams are paired with mid-majors.

Comment

Working...
                              X