X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RipEmUpShox
    Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum
    Originally posted by RipEmUpShox
    ive always found bradleys fans to be pretty classy.
    Creighton by far the worst.
    last night,
    dana didnt even congratulate the team, he spent the whole time running circles pumping his fist around the arena, after winning an NIT game he was suposed to win.
    That is simply not true. Did you watch the game? After it was over, Dana went over and shook the other coaches hand.

For the record, I met a couple of Shockernetters in the lobby of the Millennium hotel and we all got along pretty well. Small tyme baller and Russ Da Bus were pretty cool and even gave me a beer from their stash (and offered to give a lot more). I offered to pay them for the beer, but they wouldn't have it. Hopefully, they come up to Omaha for WSU-CU baseball at Rosenblatt and I can return the favor. I had hoped to meet Subgod as well since he was also at the Millenium, but never had the opportunity.
    he gave him a handshake and rather than his players shaking the other teams hands. as usual.
    Dana celebrated his more highly seeded team beating a lower seeded team, like he had won the lottery.
    im sure rhode island fans now look highly upon creighton.
    Damn, Rip -- it was a close game and a hell of a comeback. Give a little credit here. We have one of the most expressive coaches in the league -- you think Marshall wouldn't have been excited as well. You are certainly aptly named because you "rip" into anything that isn't Shox related. The only time I have a problem with CU fans is when they tear into the entire WSU fan base when there are only a handful of WSU posters that deserve the criticism. (By the way, if the shoe fits, wear it.)

Comment

Re: Creighton

Originally posted by kocharenafan1245
      Creighton Fans the worst in the mvc?

During St. Louis trip.... the creighton fans were just horrible.
      I guess I've just been lucky. I've met a lot of Creighton fans over the past 9 years of going to St. Louis and have never had a complaint with any of them.

I also had the opportunity to sit in the stands and visit with Dana last year and he was very pleasant and informative.

I know they have their bad ones, just like WSU and the rest of the teams, but they have lots of good people.

Comment

I only know one Creighton fan and thats my dentist.

I know better than to say anything bad about him. :D

Comment

Them are some pearly whites you got there ASM. We must go to the same dentist.... :D

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
            I only know one Creighton fan and thats my dentist.

I know better than to say anything bad about him. :D
            The only CU fan I know is my doctor.

Weird.

If I ever hear he might leave for another job, I won't believe it.

Comment

I agree, every year i go to St Louis i have big time problems with Crieghton fans. They are very disrepectfull and they dont stop running their mouth,
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

You know, I have been to the Qwest Center once, not for a Creighton game, and I was wearing my WSU shirt. A guy from Creighton started talking smack. I told him that it wasn't necesary, we all feel our program is best, that's why we support it. I then bought him a drink. We talked a couple mins about the Valley and how it had improved (wasn't this year) and then we went our separate ways.

As I was walking away he made a snide comment about beating us twice next year...I looked back and asked him when the last time his program went to the Sweet 16. We both laughed and headed on our way.

Moral...rowdy fans tend to entice and find rowdy fans. Calm fans tend to migrate towards other calm fans. A-holes are like magnets.

Comment

A little OT, but if you were coaching a team that just lost, and you had to go shake the hand of the winning coach, which college coach would you least like to see?

Mine would be Roy Williams.

Comment

Krewskdygkeivsky

Comment

Creighton Fans

We happened to be sitting near one of the luxury boxes that about a dozen drunk Creighton fans rented. They were all dressed in white robes and talking smack. During the Creighton - Bradley game, the idiots kept dogging the Shocker fans right below them just because they were rooting for Bradley. They were very obnoxious and just continued and continued to rag on WSU. Finally, after the game some of the fans had had enough and an old man charged up the stairs and was trying to go after the Creighton guys through the plexiglass. I think someone threw a pop can or something and a an ugly situation was upon us. Finally security came to break it up and made everyone leave. I wouldn't be surprised if a few guys dressed in white robes got their butts kicked outside the arena.

So long story short, I used to think the barking Saluki fans were the worst. Not even close. The worst is definitely Creighton.

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
                        A little OT, but if you were coaching a team that just lost, and you had to go shake the hand of the winning coach, which college coach would you least like to see?

Mine would be Roy Williams.

I'm going to think about that one a bit.......so many good options.......Gary Williams comes to mind immediately.

Comment

Re: Creighton Fans

Originally posted by jcdshocker
                          We happened to be sitting near one of the luxury boxes that about a dozen drunk Creighton fans rented. They were all dressed in white robes and talking smack. During the Creighton - Bradley game, the idiots kept dogging the Shocker fans right below them just because they were rooting for Bradley. They were very obnoxious and just continued and continued to rag on WSU. Finally, after the game some of the fans had had enough and an old man charged up the stairs and was trying to go after the Creighton guys through the plexiglass. I think someone threw a pop can or something and a an ugly situation was upon us. Finally security came to break it up and made everyone leave. I wouldn't be surprised if a few guys dressed in white robes got their butts kicked outside the arena.

So long story short, I used to think the barking Saluki fans were the worst. Not even close. The worst is definitely Creighton.
                          yea we were sitting in that section. And those guys were about the worst i have seen. But they were there the next day and didnt say a word when they lost to Drake. :clap:
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Typically, I am not a terribly social person. A couple of years ago some WSU fans were chatting and I overheard one of them and answered a question they were asking each other, and they immediately asked me if I every posted on ValleyTalk....then asked if I was "cold"....I laughed for most of the rest of the tournament.

I have met fans from ISU (red and blue) & BU, and to a person they were great. I haven't had any exchanges with fans from UNI, MSU, DU or UE.

The CU fans I have talked to were all very nice and engaging. However there were always plenty of CU fans I witnessed acting like pracks at every turn.

The SIU fans have always been difficult as far as I am concerned. I haven't had a conversation with one Dawg fan that I didn't want to punch in the mouth inside of 10 seconds and I would say the average age was about 50 (so I'm not talking about kids here). I look forward to meeting some of the great SIU fans soon.

That isn't to say all of their fan base is like that.....and it isn't to say that there aren't bad WSU fans also, as I'm certain there are.....there just seems to be a larger % of pracks with those 2 schools. Obviously they also constitute the 2 largest fan bases in numbers so it does go to reason to expect a greater number of pracks as well.

Both of those fan bases have plenty to be proud of....I just wish it manifested itself more so as pride and not arrogance and entitlement.

Now, that being said, don't EVEN get me started on MSU and CU baseball fans and that one annoying CU volleyball fan from a couple seasons ago.

:posterwsu:

Comment

hahaha Creighton and White Robes no comment

hahaha

Comment

CU fans think that if they congregate they're as close to heaven as one can get during their earthly existence. Hence the white robes.

But Satan is the great deceiver.

:whistle:

Comment

Working...
                                X