Captain D.....bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
    His season should be over? Come on now. That's a tad extreme. It's like he punched someone or caused a fight...he tripped 2 players, big flippin deal!
    Interesting; so, is it no big deal? Is it a regular foul that we should expect and see as part of the game? Is it a flagrant? If it is flagrant, is it a 1 or 2? Personally, I think it has to be a flagrant 2; it was done with intent, NOT part of the course of play, and could result in injury to the other player.

Comment

If anything other than a common foul, then it's a technical at most IMO

Comment

Tripping a ref and tripping another player aren't even in the same discussion. Can't even compare the two.
        I'm not sure I agree. I can be convinced, though. Why don't you think they are equal?

Comment

I just feel it's on a completely different level. Emotions get high, altercations w/ other players happen. You see stuff along these lines to an extent. You'll see elbows, or hard flagrant fouls etc... one thing you rarely rarely see is a player putting his hands on a fan or a ref.

Comment

If anything other than a common foul, then it's a technical at most IMO
            Your phrasing suggests you think it could be a common foul. I disagree; common fouls are getting fouled going to the basket for a layup. I would hate to see where tripping is just a part of regular play. Technical at most? That's like hanging on the rim, or taunting, or yelling at the ref; no one gets hurt. I think this has to at least be a flagrant.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
              I'm not sure I agree. I can be convinced, though. Why don't you think they are equal?
              Players bump each other. They say stupid **** to get inside each other's grill. There's a game within the game, that can cause emotions to get tense as regards player-to-player contact. If the referees aren't savvy or aware what's going on, the players can get into a cheap-shot battle that ultimately can get ugly. It happens.

But there is absolutely, unequivocally, no reason what-so-ever to justify getting so upset with a referee that you would get physical with him in any way shape or form.

It's similar but not identical to hitting a teacher, versus hitting another student.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Now on the other hand if you are stretching your cramping hammy and some jerk intentionally "trips" over your leg and flops to the ground trying to draw a flagrant on you ... well that's just nasty. I totally agree with @Art Bunch:, they should have thrown that FSU soccer playing actor out of the game -- he could have hurt Grayson!
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Grayson Allen won't be suspended for apparent trip vs. FSU

Instead of a suspension, the ACC issued a reprimand to Blue Devils guard Grayson Allen, who appeared to intentionally trip a Florida State player Thursday.
                  2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
                  2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
                  2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
                  2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
                  The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

No surprise there. The reprimand should've come with the first incident, but we are talking about Doook
                    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Obviously tripping someone in basketball isn't cool, but I have seen him get hammered on other plays. I would also argue that is pretty tame versus stuff that would have happened 20 years ago and most pick-up games have more violent plays.

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post
                        Obviously tripping someone in basketball isn't cool, but I have seen him get hammered on other plays. I would also argue that is pretty tame versus stuff that would have happened 20 years ago and most pick-up games have more violent plays.
                        As a counter to this, I would argue that intentionally tripping:

a) Has absolutely nothing to do with a basketball play. Even a hard foul is usually an attempt to keep the fella with the ball from scoring, with a little more gusto than was needed.

b) Is more likely to result in injury than many other foul situations. Messing around at the feet, ankles and knees of D1 basketball players isn't cool.

The dude is a Grade A classless punk that needs suspended. And not by Duke. By his conference.

Comment

Oh he'll be punished, probably similar to LSU's Ben Simmons the other night due to academic issues. He didn't start and missed the game's 4 first minutes, then played 36 minutes thereafter.

Comment

Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                            If K is the coach you all say he is, then the guy has seen his last day in a Duke uniform this season.
                            You mean the same Coach K that snubbed 4 or 5 players in the handshake line after a loss just 2-3weeks ago? The Coach K that set that sportsmanship example?
                            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I would pay big money to see Allen go one on one with Eric Hamilton.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

He needs to be kicked in the grapes!
                                Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

Working...
                                X