Captain D.....bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain D.....bag

http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2016/2/25/11118062/dukes-grayson-allen-blatantly-trips-opposing-player-for-second-time

This guy was on my list of things that pissed me off at the beginning of the year. Some folks defended him but I'm here to wave the "I TOLD YOU SO!" flag.

How is this Shocker-related? Well, do you think his douchebaggery is limited to games? You know it comes out in practices, it has to. This kind of character flaw doesn't just pop up once or twice. Believe me, it's a lifestyle. We all know HCGM would never tolerate this crap from a player and frankly few coaches would.
    So it isn't just an black mark for the player, it's also one for his coach. It's clear to me his behavior is not checked and there's only one person responsible for that.

Dude should be gone. At least for a couple of games. But he's at Duke, so Coach K will self-discipline. Not start him for a game or something, make him sit the first 12 seconds, and the NCAAD will be ok with that.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by Art Bunch View Post
      http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2016/2/25/11118062/dukes-grayson-allen-blatantly-trips-opposing-player-for-second-time

This guy was on my list of things that pissed me off at the beginning of the year. Some folks defended him but I'm here to wave the "I TOLD YOU SO!" flag.

How is this Shocker-related? Well, do you think his douchebaggery is limited to games? You know it comes out in practices, it has to. This kind of character flaw doesn't just pop up once or twice. Believe me, it's a lifestyle. We all know HCGM would never tolerate this crap from a player and frankly few coaches would.
      So it isn't just an black mark for the player, it's also one for his coach. It's clear to me his behavior is not checked and there's only one person responsible for that.
      I really don't think casting aspersions toward Coach K will play very far. Allen's behavior is a character flaw. Coaches can't be held responsible for every poor decision players make. Coach K is a decent person and strives for his players to play the right way. If you hate Coach K, watch the NC State / Jimmy V. 30 for 30 - you will soften your stance.

What I want to know is this: what the hell was that ref doing? The whistle should have blown and the arm go up immediately.
      Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

If K is the coach you all say he is, then the guy has seen his last day in a Duke uniform this season.

Comment

Grayson Allen is like Christian Laettner reincarnated. So easy to dislike, with a face you just immediately want to punch without even really knowing why. Then you see him do stuff like this, and it all makes sense. He comes off as a kid that's an arrogant, super entitled, little *****.

Comment

Exactly. If Coach K is the saint some make him out to be, this kid's season will be over. The last one would've been his one and only chance to screw up. The consequences of this one would've been known before it happened. But, we all know it'll be, "I don't think he meant to do it, so we have to take him at his word."

Comment

He's just stretching his groin. How was he supposed to know Mr. Two-Inch-Vertical was going to run through his fart zone and try to hurdle his leg?
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

His season should be over? Come on now. That's a tad extreme. It's like he punched someone or caused a fight...he tripped 2 players, big flippin deal!

Comment

At the very least, it would be nice to see him get his ass kicked. Perhaps an XMan choke? Other than that, I wish him no ill will.

Comment

I think It's just as dangerous as if he had punched someone, if not more so.

Comment

I agree that K shouldn't put up with that crap, and it disappoints me that he apparently has and is. I for one hope Allen gets leveled sometime soon. Not injured, just leveled: the basketball equivalent of a fastball in the ribs or between the numbers.

Meanwhile, if the rules don't allow an ejection for what Allen did, then the rules need to be changed. If they do allow it, then someone needs to enforce them. Any comments from our SN officiating crew?

Comment

Dude deserves to sit out a game or two for that bs. Just like the kid who intentionally tripped the ref.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                          Dude deserves to sit out a game or two for that bs. Just like the kid who intentionally tripped the ref.
                          Personal opinion, he should've been disciplined for the first obvious trip. Not sure what that should've been, but something. This one should be a more harsh discipline.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                            Tripping a ref and tripping another player aren't even in the same discussion. Can't even compare the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
                              Tripping a ref and tripping another player aren't even in the same discussion. Can't even compare the two.
                              But tripping two players in less than a month's time? I agree that it's not the same, just like putting your hands on an official, but there should've been something done the first time to remind him to not do it again, and something done this time to insure that it doesn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X