No announcement yet.

Senior Memories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought this was a thread on seniors and our memories. I know JJ can't remember jack.

Comment

When these young men came to the program you always wonder how life and their careers turn out. Ron during his walk on year and Shocker madness he had his big hair look and the guy next to me said "the guy looks like a hot dog" to this day he says he never said anything like that. Fred was given a nice intro to us by Mr CLove and he and Fred have been true in word and action. Evan started his career as a shooter and after his injury has found other ways to make him the glue guy that scraps for every possession. Bush has shown up in games that we needed to have someone take on the other teams big guy when we were desperately needing someone to step up. Anton is the new guy but has shown himself to be another one of those guys that sets a goal and finds it in a Shocker Uniform.

Comment

One thing I'll remember most about Fred are the COUNTLESS times he finished at the rim and I was left amazed and confused about how the hell he put the ball in the basket.

Same thing with Evan except with loose balls. Probably at least once a game, sometimes more, he grabs a rebound or causes a jump ball that only Evan could get.

Ron's come from behind blocks on fast breaks. Just when you think the other team is on their way to an easy layup here comes Ron out of nowhere to erase it.

We've have talented players in the past but the difference with these guys that I noticed immediately was their BBALL IQ. These guys have just been so fun to watch the past four years.

Comment

Although I was not there in person, my favorite memory of these seniors, HCGM and the rest of the team was when my dear friend and Pogo's wife, Debbie, was invited to a practice near the end of her long fight with cancer. At a point
          in the practice, HCGM called all the players to Debbie's side and told them of her life-long loyalty to the Shockers and of her fight. They individually lined up, each one gave her a hug and told her to keep fighting and they were all
          behind her. And, they meant it. Their court heroics have been wonderful, but this is what I will remember most about these men. God bless them all.
          If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

One of my favorite Ron plays. He easily could have just coasted and let the guy have his easy layup. As Ron closed in, I remember thinking, "This Illinois State guy has no idea what's coming."

78-65

Comment

Fred and Ron were the first two in line to hug her.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                Fred and Ron were the first two in line to hug her.
                If there is video of this, I hope it's in the senior day video. Would give the less dedicated segments of the fanbase a great example of how special these guys are.

Anyone know how to make that happen in less than 24 hours? 😀

Comment

Originally posted by BBShox84 View Post

Mr Baker - Gonzaga. Initiating Jake Odum ovation in St Louis. Shaking opposing coaches hands before each game. Model of sportsmanship. Picking little girl from crowd to cut down net. So many special moments I will never forget. Thanks Ron!...

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                    One of my favorite Ron plays. He easily could have just coasted and let the guy have his easy layup. As Ron closed in, I remember thinking, "This Illinois State guy has no idea what's coming."

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12120450
                    I love that one! And you know it had to hurt a bunch to crash into that stanchion at full speed, but he never acted like it.

Comment

My favorites -- ALL of them. Every single one!
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12120450
                        That was some sweet, sweet ownage right there.

BOO YA.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Well, Fred hanging his nuts out I think is going into the memory bank

Comment

Had to explain that move to the wife. She laughed.
                            One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Working...
                            X