Should Landry Play or Redshirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
    I can respect those who want a redshirt no matter what, and I can respect those who want Landry to play no matter how late the first appearance. I'm not angry at either extreme.

With that said, I am completely shocked that 2/3rds want him to redshirt even if he could play 3-4 regular season games, plus likely 3 games in St. Louis, and then be in his 7th or 8th game back for round 1 of the NCAA tournament. The Sweet 16 could literally be his 10th game back and a full month into his return if that was the case and the Shox were to make it that far.

Completely. Shocked.
    The wind went right through both ears.

Comment

I can respect those who want a redshirt no matter what, and I can respect those who want Landry to play no matter how late the first appearance. I'm not angry at either extreme.

With that said, I am completely shocked that 2/3rds want him to redshirt even if he could play 3-4 regular season games, plus likely 3 games in St. Louis, and then be in his 7th or 8th game back for round 1 of the NCAA tournament. The Sweet 16 could literally be his 10th game back and a full month into his return if that was the case and the Shox were to make it that far.

Completely. Shocked.
      Let me clarify. My position is for Landry not to play as long as "those in the know" feel very confident that Landry would qualify for the redshirt. It is also my position that Landry not play, even if he would NOT qualify for a redshirt, if "those in the know" feel he MAY not be ready.

I do not know the grey area of a medical redshirt. Does it mean totally healed from the injury, healed well enough to play, or not likely to re-injure or create a new injury due to basically a 3 month layoff? I don't know where this line is drawn as far as the NCAA is concerned, but I doubt they want a young man out there playing if he has not been able to prepare his whole body to lessen a likelihood of re-injury or a likelihood of other injury.

I tend to error on the side of protecting the young man first. I have already seen that not done this year, IMO, and we gained nothing and likely lost ground.

Comment

Dude should play if he can go. Playing even a handful of games with FVV is worth it from a development standpoint. That and the chance that this team could get a lucky draw in the tournament ... he's gotta go!

Landry playing instead of redshirting has nothing to do with his potential to help the team, as several on here have stated. It has everything to do with him learning everything he can from Jedi Master Fred before he graduates, and the potential to be a contributor to what could be another amazing run. You gotta take that opportunity.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Completely. Shocked.

you do get that he is not even practicing yet, right?

Comment

Comment

he should redshirt

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                you do get that he is not even practicing yet, right?
                The poll simply asked if he were back by X game, should he play. I see no reason someone couldn't hold the position that they want him to play if he can be back for the final 3 games of the regular season, AND simultaneously admit that current news makes that unlikely.

Comment

Working...
                X