Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Landry Play or Redshirt

Should Landry play or redshirt?

Mark the latest game you think he should play if he does not redshirt. e.g. If you think he should play if he has 3 or more games left in the regular season, mark "3 games left"; if you think he should play in the MVC tourney even if he misses the regular season games, mark "MVC"
    Redshirt no matter what
    63.10%
    Play all four or redshirt
    4.76%
    Play last three or redshirt
    5.95%
    Play last two or redshirt
    3.57%
    Play senior night or redshirt
    2.38%
    Play in MVC quarter or redshirt
    8.33%
    Play in MVC semi or redshirt
    2.38%
    Play in MVC championship or redshirt
    1.19%
    Play in NCAA games or redshirt
    3.57%
    Play no matter when
    4.76%
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
    Should Landry play or redshirt?

Mark the latest game you think he should play if he does not redshirt. e.g. If you think he should play if he has 3 or more games left in the regular season, mark "3 games left"; if you think he should play in the MVC tourney even if he misses the regular season games, mark "MVC"
    Landry should play if he wants to play and should red shirt if he wants to redshirt. Simple as that. There is no deadline. I vote that as a write in option.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      Landry should play if he wants to play and should red shirt if he wants to redshirt. Simple as that. There is no deadline. I vote that as a write in option.
      The choice is his, obviously, but the question was what do you think rather than what does Landry wish.
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I'm torn and can't decide...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

It's just my feeling most people are putting too much assumption his quality of play will reflect as though he has been playing all season. He is a true freshman with barely 3 games under his belt, the last looking like a freshman with his foul commiting display. He obviously will not suit up tomorrow. That gives him 3 regular season games, plus post-season at best. Because he hasn't been practicing, he doesn't have reasonable game experience, it would take a stretch of games for him to get up to speed and contribute to the chemestry of the team. For me, it's too much of a gamble to try and mix in minutes for him at this stage of the season unless a key injury to a backcourt player were to come up. We all agree the upside of Landry is off the charts. I am at the front of the line with excitment when it comes to watching him become a legendary star for WSU. It is just best to let that legacy start next season.

Comment

Smart thing would be to redshirt no matter what at this point in the season. Is 1 year worth 4 reg season games plus whatever many post season games he may play? At this point, with his conditioning, hes probably only gonna get 10 to 15 min per game max.
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Is he going to win a Dance tournament game for us?
              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

I voted Play in NCAA games or Redshirt and this was my logic.

I do not think it is worth wasting his Redshirt if we do have a realistic chance of reaching the Final 4.

And if we have another game thru the MVC finals that even resembles our two last loses, our chances of advancing very deep into the NCAA tournament are highly questionable.

Comment

So far I've been a proponent of bringing Landry back. But, I'm changing my tune. I don't think I really grasped how few games remain in the season. Further, by letting Landry redshirt we remove the worst case scenario from being possible -- and that's if he plays and we somehow drop another game and the committee doesn't side with us dancing. I'm okay with being a slightly lesser team going forward and removing that scenario from the list of possible outcomes.

Comment

A true freshman, playing behind two AA's, not in game shape, coming off an injury at the most important time of the season. I fear it would be a waste of one year of eligibility. I'm afraid some of you have elevated Landry far above what the current evidence suggests. I have great expectations of the young man, down the line.
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Bring him out, bring him out!

(Obviously it's his decision and I'll be a happy fan either way)

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                        Bring him out, bring him out!

(Obviously it's his decision and I'll be a happy fan either way)
                        The second you say that, it'll take him 5 minutes longer than expected to return.
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

:banghead:

Comment

I don't think we should give him a red shirt. Things very rarely end well for the redshirts. They are almost always the first ones to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                              The second you say that, it'll take him 5 minutes longer than expected to return.
                              Crap. I should've posted this a month ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X