Louisville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louisville

Ugh - so frustrating looking at Louisville's self imposed ban. Makes you wonder what might have been. Maybe Russ Smith, or Peyton Siva or Luke Hancock aren't on that team for whatever reason and that outcome may have been different.

We'll see if anything comes out that would cause the 2013 championship to be vacated. I suspect not, but you're right -- even if it happens, it would be small consolation at this point.

Too bad the Shocks couldn't finish the job and make it irrelevant now, but who knows? Maybe that painfully close shave will drive the guys to greater heights this year, as we saw with the baseball team in 1988 and 1989.

Comment

Pitino gonna Pitino.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Somebody had to do it.

Comment

So, dizzle -- getting your entry in early for the Shockernet Awards, category "Unwarranted Speculation, Most Premature" -- or did I just forget to check my meter?

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
            So, dizzle -- getting your entry in early for the Shockernet Awards, category "Unwarranted Speculation, Most Premature" -- or did I just forget to check my meter?
            I'm going to guess meter on this one. Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
              No, they didn't. That's the whole ****ing point of dumb speculation: no one has to do it.
              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

The damage a single assistant can do. Hiring young up-and-comers is riskier than you would think at first. I like Marshall's approach a LOT. Assistants matter.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  The damage a single assistant can do. Hiring young up-and-comers is riskier than you would think at first. I like Marshall's approach a LOT. Assistants matter.
                  [Glances down at bench. See's seat being kept warm for Chris Jans.]
                  The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

What a joke. They see the writing on the wall and probably made an under the table deal with the NCAA to self impose so they can keep their 2013 title.

Oh by the way, a question for the NCAA - how is that North Carolina investigation working out?

"The NCAA is so mad at Kentucky, it's going to give Cleveland State two more years' probation." - Jerry Tarkanian

Comment

Louisville's Home Arena is to be rebranded. Any thoughts on what the new name should be?

KFC ?um! Center
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                        Premature Speculation... Isnt there a little blue pill for that???
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

You have to feel bad for players like Lewis, Lee and others. WSU went through this 30+ years ago. Suppose the court system operated as the NCAA does. An investigation reveals the previous tenants of your home did something illegal when they were there, so you and everyone else who lives there now are put on probation and ordered to pay restitution. Andre McGee has moved on. Pitino will land on his feet no matter what happens. And these young athletes who did nothing wrong have their shot at an NCAA title taken away. There has to be a better way.

Comment

Originally posted by gdb620 View Post
                            You have to feel bad for players like Lewis, Lee and others. WSU went through this 30+ years ago. Suppose the court system operated as the NCAA does. An investigation reveals the previous tenants of your home did something illegal when they were there, so you and everyone else who lives there now are put on probation and ordered to pay restitution. Andre McGee has moved on. Pitino will land on his feet no matter what happens. And these young athletes who did nothing wrong have their shot at an NCAA title taken away. There has to be a better way.
                            Give us your better way.

Punishment is hard and collateral damage happens. There have to be deterrents in whatever system there is or don't have any rules and let everyone have "open season".

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                              Give us your better way.

Punishment is hard and collateral damage happens. There have to be deterrents in whatever system there is or don't have any rules and let everyone have "open season".
                              Andrew McGee took it upon himself to be an idiot. Why not fine/ban him?
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                              X