Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
    He tried too hard earlier this season.
    He had 1.5 legs earlier this season as well.

Comment

He tried too hard earlier this season.
      Injury is an entirely different story.
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
        He had 1.5 legs earlier this season as well.
        Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
        Injury is an entirely different story.
        The point was that he should have tried at all. He wanted to help and see this team succeed so much it clouded his judgment. However, he has a very fast learning curve. I don't believe that will happen in the future and I'm not talking about the injury. Fred will do whatever is best for the team. If that means 30 points, so be it. If it means 6 points, 8 assists, and 3 steals, he'll do it.

I hope he has the opportunity to shove it in the Cousy committee's face.

Comment

The point was that he should have tried at all. He wanted to help and see this team succeed so much it clouded his judgment. However, he has a very fast learning curve. I don't believe that will happen in the future and I'm not talking about the injury. Fred will do whatever is best for the team. If that means 30 points, so be it. If it means 6 points, 8 assists, and 3 steals, he'll do it.

I hope he has the opportunity to shove it in the Cousy committee's face.
          I agree with this. That's the thing with FVV. He can do what he wants to do. He's that good. If he wants 30, he'll get 30. If he wants to get everyone else great looks, he'll get everyone else great looks. If he wants to shut down the other team's point guard, he'll shut down the other team's point guard. He really is that far ahead of his competition. And, he has the unique ability to be able to do all of the above throughout various points in the game. That's what sets him apart from the more average point guards on he Cousy list.

Comment

Can we get a sticky on this? I feel like I'm going to need it for the rest of the season. The list of 10 finalists was posted on February 1st.

In 2 days.....

Nic Moore has led his team to a loss against RPI 130 Houston
            Kris Dunn (seems to be everyone's favorite) has led his team to a loss against 7-14 DePaul
            Tyler Ulis (seems to be everyone's 2nd favorite) has led his team to a loss against 10-11 Tennessee
            Monte Morris managed to lead his team to a close home loss against West Virginia

Keep up the stellar work, finalists! May your conference affiliation be ever in your favor, and your on-court results never examined!

Comment

Can we get a sticky on this? I feel like I'm going to need it for the rest of the season. The list of 10 finalists was posted on February 1st.

In 2 days.....

Kris Dunn (seems to be everyone's favorite) has led his team to a loss against 7-14 DePaul
              Tyler Ulis (seems to be everyone's 2nd favorite) has led his team to a loss against 10-11 Tennessee
              Monte Morris managed to lead his team to a close home loss against West Virginia

Keep up the stellar work, finalists! May your conference affiliation be ever in your favor, and your on-court results never examined!
              Maybe that's the problem. All Fred does is WHATEVER IT TAKES to WIN!!!

Comment

Typically astute analysis by Ron Baker, as quoted by PaulS: “I know Fred didn’t make the Cousy Award list. Probably not the guy you want to motivate this time of year.”

Really -- as if he needed even more to drive him. See you in Houston, Cousy committee.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...#storylink=cpy

Comment

In 2 days.....

BUUUUUUTTTTTT .... What were their STAT LINES????? Nothing else matters!

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    I'm sorry, I only see wins and losses.

Because I'm not an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                      Even if you cared about just stats, isn't FVV 4th in Assist Rate and first in A/TO? What more do you want from a PG?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                        I agree with this. That's the thing with FVV. He can do what he wants to do. He's that good. If he wants 30, he'll get 30. If he wants to get everyone else great looks, he'll get everyone else great looks. If he wants to shut down the other team's point guard, he'll shut down the other team's point guard. He really is that far ahead of his competition. And, he has the unique ability to be able to do all of the above throughout various points in the game. That's what sets him apart from the more average point guards on he Cousy list.
                        he's pretty much the toughest guy on the floor every time out- mvc, ncaa tournament, whatever. he might be about as tough as hcgm.. maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by WUpigsooie View Post
                          Even if you cared about just stats, isn't FVV 4th in Assist Rate and first in A/TO? What more do you want from a PG?
                          Where did you see those stats? I think Fred is 19th in A/TO and 45th in Assists/Game: Source It won't link to Fred's actual page, but if you find his page, that is what is listed on NCAA's page for the year.

That said, Fred is beating everyone in A/TO ratio but Monte Morris of the individuals who are listed in the top 10 for the Cousy Award (I think)

Also, Kyle Collinsworth has a crazy amount of assists per game: 7.5, but he's also got 3.4 turnovers/game

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                            Where did you see those stats? I think Fred is 19th in A/TO and 45th in Assists/Game: Source It won't link to Fred's actual page, but if you find his page, that is what is listed on NCAA's page for the year.

That said, Fred is beating everyone in A/TO ratio but Monte Morris of the individuals who are listed in the top 10 for the Cousy Award (I think)

Also, Kyle Collinsworth has a crazy amount of assists per game: 7.5, but he's also got 3.4 turnovers/game
                            I just looked it up, FVV is top 10 is assist rate (assists per team baskets) and I only had looked at A/TO vs that group, must have missed Morris somehow. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by WUpigsooie View Post
                              13+ in PPG and an occasional outburst in scoring.....oh wait.

Comment

Marshall doesn’t understand — Marshall expressed his disbelief at Monday’s Cousy Award list of 10 finalists for the nation’s top point guard. It did not include WSU senior Fred VanVleet. According to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, “a national committee comprised of top college basketball personnel determined the watch list of 20 candidates in October, which has now been narrowed to just ten.”

Marshall asked for a coaching matchup against a group that doesn’t value a point guard.

“To leave him off that list, I don’t know what you’re doing,” Marshall said. “I don’t want to say anything else, because it wouldn’t be very positive. Same with the way USA Basketball left him off their (Pan Am Games) team. How did that work out? They won a bronze medal. He’s the winningest, most-accomplished point guard in college basketball.”

Nicole Taylor, who handles media relations for the award, said in an email that “the list is fluid and players can play their way on to or off of the list at any point in the season.”

VanVleet, who was on the list of 20 preseason candidates, said he was surprised at the exclusion. He enjoyed following the discussion on social media after Monday’s announcement.
                                “That was fun,” he said. “There were 100 people saying I should have been on the list, and then there was 100 people saying I shouldn’t have been on the list. No big deal.”

On Tuesday, the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame announced the list of 10 finalists for the nation’s top shooting guard. It did not include WSU’s Ron Baker, who was also on the preseason watch list of 20.

“I couldn’t even tell you what list it was that I didn’t make,” Baker said. “I know Fred didn’t make the Cousy Award list. Probably not the guy you want to motivate this time of year.”

Comment

Working...
                                X