WSU @ Evansville Game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
    This post has nothing to do with anticipation whistles.
    The mere idea that anticipation whistles exist doesn't fit his narrative, and there is no argument for it to happen. Thus, changing the subject is the only logical solution.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
      No reprimand.

They were calling the game the way the rules committee wants it called.

"Reduced physicality results in freedom of movement."
      That is the M.O. of the committee and we are under a mandate to enforce it.

If you want to voice your opinion regarding the emphasis on reduced physicality, you now know where to focus your energy.

That is all.
      That is fine. And I honestly feel they can call the game any way they want to.

All I ask for is CONSISTENCY!!!!
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
        This post has nothing to do with anticipation whistles.
        If that was truly the emphasis, Fred would shoot 20 FTs a game. The fact is, most of these games in the Valley are called tight because it's THE ONLY hope other teams have vs WSU. They may not be 'Valley refs', but in valley games involving WSU, there are so many 'what the?' calls vs the Shockers. What's great defense in the first half, is suddenly a foul in the second half.

Comment

• Nothing to be gained lamenting or defending. Move on to SIU and win #221.

Go Shocks!
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockers5150 View Post
            If that was truly the emphasis, Fred would shoot 20 FTs a game. The fact is, most of these games in the Valley are called tight because it's THE ONLY hope other teams have vs WSU. They may not be 'Valley refs', but in valley games involving WSU, there are so many 'what the?' calls vs the Shockers. What's great defense in the first half, is suddenly a foul in the second half.
            Blasphemy

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
              Yesterday was interesting. Fred played way over his average... 38 minutes total. Nobody else played more than 24. 9 players played at least 13 minutes.
              Much of Fred's minutes is first, due to RB's foul trouble and sitting and second, I think 3G wanted him to get 30 when it became obvious that he could.
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                Nothing to be gained lamenting or defending. Move on to SIU and win #221.

Go Shocks!
                In other words, "Don't you people ever get tired of griping about officiating?" My words, not DUShock's, but I mean, really. There are going to be a few questionable/borderline calls in every game - get over it.

The fact of the matter is this - the Shockers play very aggressive, tough defense and foul A LOT. That will never change while 3G is here.
                Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Yesterday was interesting. Fred played way over his average... 38 minutes total. Nobody else played more than 24. 9 players played at least 13 minutes.
                  There was a lot of creative spreading of the minutes due to excessive fouling by the Shocks. It seemed no one was exempt.
                  Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                    lol. Can I get a resident referee evaluation of this?
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      After folks watch the tape, we are gonna see more press. .......and everybody gonna try to double Zac Brown.
                      I was surprised that their press gave us difficulty. However, it was short lived. One problem was Ron on the bench in foul trouble. More importantly, the coaching staff made an adjustment, using Shaq and others as a relief valve. The press was no longer that effective. If we weren't managing the clock and had stayed in attack mode, that adjustment would have led to a lot of easy baskets.
                      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        My favorite is the guy 2 feet away not calling it, and the dude 30 feet away without an angle calling it.

Earlier in the game I saw a foul called on Evansville by one official, only to be overturned to a foul called against WSU by a different official that didn't even blow his whistle.

This game was an abomination. If you would like further proof, ask Rashard Kelly how getting landed on while rebounding is a foul on him.

Marshall's reaction was priceless, as it was throughout most of the game. I think at a certain point he was almost enjoying how much his guys were still dominating playing 5 on 8.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          I'm the resident "stop your whining about the refs you goobers" and even I think that was a phantom foul.

Comment

I'm the resident "stop your whining about the refs you goobers" and even I think that was a phantom foul.
                            I have never seen you refer to any of us as goobers. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                              I've reviwed. Slow mo'd and stop mo'd this scrupilously.

He clearly:

1. Is a better athlete
                              2. Plays in the MVC
                              3. Had a black jersey

Foul every time
                              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                                I've reviwed. Slow mo'd and stop mo'd this scrupilously.

He clearly:

1. Is a better athlete
                                2. Plays in the MVC
                                3. Had a black jersey

Foul every time
                                PERFECT!

Comment

Working...
                                X