WSU Versus Evansville Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus Evansville Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. This game will be like a poker game on the tube. Evansville final hand for all the marbles will be 4-purple aces from an obvious stacked deck. Great hand, no? However, you shant underestimate our beloved Shocks. FVV will draw into a smooth Ace High Royal Flush. We are not just lucky warriors, but rather play with a lot of heart and make road barns our temporary home as if we owned the joints. Then the Shocks leave angry and not satisfied in search of the next foe.

Mock is the #1 rebounder in the Country and leads the Valley in blocked shots. No, we don't want Balentine for our Valentine because he leads the Valley in scoring and minutes played. Thus, the Shocks will slow these 2 Aces to a mild roar. On team Valley stats, these 2 teams are similar in lots of areas. They are 6-2 and 17-4 and play at S. Illinois tomorrow night which will be interesting. Who do we want to win that game I ask? I watched Indiana State take them to the woodshed as the paint dried. The trees even had Great Scott drain a 3 on the famous picket fence play early in the matchup.

Never fear, our 1-2 punch of FVV and Bake will be near. I hope Shaq can get Mock in foul trouble. The heart of the matter is, this win will be huge in our quest to win the Valley Race as we go into the "back 9" of our games. We will get everybody's best shot but Defense wins Ships. No team in the Valley plays defense like us or has 2 All American guards on the same team. This will be one of our toughest contests on the back 9 of the "Valley Free For All" as Bake calls it. The Shocks prevail in a close one.

Mocks----59

Shocks---65
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

WSU - 75
    Evan - 59
    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Andy Elkins 69
      LD Swanson 77

Road games are hard, but we are a bulldozer.

Comment

The Aces first 6 or 7 are really good and gave WSU all they wanted in Wichita a couple of weeks ago. That WSU team was not this one. Anything is possible but right now the only thing stopping this team is, well, themselves.

Full effort = a 10-0 Valley start.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
          Andy Elkins 69
          LD Swanson 77

Road games are hard, but we are a bulldozer.

True. I said to the crew around me last night when the guys were up about 18...."It's 18 but it's like this close to being 30". And the thing is, I thought Loyola wasn't awful. Can you imagine if a team isn't taking care of the ball against these guys? Or not putting forth the effort? That game, against 2 week ago Loyola, is 115-32. These guys are close to playing name the score basketball right now, and it's a beautiful thing to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            The Aces first 6 or 7 are really good and gave WSU all they wanted in Wichita a couple of weeks ago. That WSU team was not this one. Anything is possible but right now the only thing stopping this team is, well, themselves.

Full effort = a 10-0 Valley start.
            Yes. But I do think that Evansville's style of play and match ups give us our biggest challenge. They don't have very much depth so their margin of error is not high but if no foul problems, they have a strong balance of inside talent with Mock and outside athleticism with Ballentine and Brown. Then lastly they have a nice glue player in Wing. I still like us on the road though.

Comment

WSU - 72
              EVAN - 66
              Go Shocks!

Comment

I just think WSU is light years above the other schools right now. Where some teams peaked early, the Shockers are just not starting to see how good they will be/are.

Shox 74
                Evans 61

Comment

We stick our young 3 men on Balentine, force him to take 14 tough shots to get his 12 points and don't sag off Brown. Shaq and Iggy play pretty close to even. Shocks win by 13+
                  "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

I wish we could count on Wamukota for 8-10 minutes if needed heading into this game.
                    Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

How to win: Do what we did last time, except do it the way we are playing now.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        How to win: Do what we did last time, except do it the way we are playing now.
                        Yeahhh, so, that's not what you're supposed to post in the predictions thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          Yeahhh, so, that's not what you're supposed to post in the predictions thread.
                          But unfortunately, even if we are able to pull that off flawlessly ...

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

We might need to shoot better from the line than we did against Loyola but the same kind of defensive effort and ball movement and sharing will work very well. Won't have as easy a time with it in the lane or on the boars though with Big E doing his thing.

It would not hurt my feelings if Evansville and SIU go about 3 overtimes tonight in Carbondale.

Comment

Lost to KU last time they were in the NCAA tournament: 66
                              Beat KU last time they were in the NCAA tournament: 73

Comment

Working...
                              X